What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy's league Sledge

Incorrect

Coach
See condom head's league sledge, apparently we aren't aloud to have an international competition. He is adament there is no scottish players in there (matt Russell) born and bred in Irvine.
"The kangaroos are pretending to a relevance they don't have"-what the f**K is that meant to mean, he is such a piece of sh*t, he's copped way too many of those concussions he brings up every second article.

How much must it burn him to see the $$'s league can attract in this country when the broadcasting deals are done?? Meanwhile, the ARU can only attract a pittance and free to air networks couldn't give a shit about super rugby. Belittling league must somehow offset this deep burn.... He was probably on the verge of having an aneurysm last week when he heard Marika Koroibete made the Wallabies squad despite having not played a single game of super rugby!! I reckon Jono Wright could play in the centres for the Wallabies!

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
See condom head's league sledge, apparently we aren't aloud to have an international competition. He is adament there is no scottish players in there (matt Russell) born and bred in Irvine.
"The kangaroos are pretending to a relevance they don't have"-what the f**K is that meant to mean, he is such a piece of sh*t, he's copped way too many of those concussions he brings up every second article.

He is so full of himself, such a little man. Lives in the north shore bubble but likes to tell the rest of us how we should live our lives.

A few years ago people like him would say the Kangaroos win everything, league internationals are a joke. Then it was, only Australia or New Zealand can win the World Cup, league internationals are a joke. More recently these people say there are only three nations who play league, Australia, New Zealand, England, it's a joke. Well Fiji and Samoa are getting stronger each year, France are improving and PNG are on a much better path these days. I can hear Fitzy now, there are only 7 nations that play league at a competitive level, it's a joke.

taipan

Referee
Our modern day Che Guvera with the red bandana,made this startling observation on11/9/2004.His Sept 11th momento_O
Melbourne Storm:-
" The news this week that the Super 12 is going to expand into a Super 14 in 2006,sounds their likely death knell.The Storm are already going backwards financially ,and if a professional rugby team show up in Melbourne-the most likely candidate -they willl go under.Ypu heard it here. first ."

The Storm circa 2016 is expected to make a profit or at least break even in 2016,they have record membership, sponsorship and were in the Grand Final .And are privately owned for stability.

I don't know whether too much red wine has scrambled his brain, the red bandana has stifled his blood flow or he is a complete fwit,but based on his predictions and his many shots at rugby league,I'd humbly suggest all three have played their part in making this arrogant nimrod ,as reliable as a North Korean missile launch.

gUt

Coach
Don't forget the massive accumulated head trauma from packing into 17000 rugby scrums every game

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
Our modern day Che Guvera with the red bandana,made this startling observation on11/9/2004.His Sept 11th momento_O
" The news this week that the Super 12 is going to expand into a Super 14 in 2006,sounds their likely death knell.The Storm are already going backwards financially ,and if a professional rugby team show up in Melbourne-the most likely candidate -they willl go under.Ypu heard it here. first ."

The Storm circa 2016 is expected to make a profit or at least break even in 2016,they have record membership, sponsorship and were in the Grand Final .And are privately owned for stability.

I don't know whether too much red wine has scrambled his brain, the red bandana has stifled his blood flow or he is a complete fwit,but based on his predictions and his many shots at rugby league,I'd humbly suggest all three have played their part in making this arrogant nimrod ,as reliable as a North Korean missile launch.

He has always death ridden the storm. 4 crowds over 20000 this season, that's a great achievement. So he now has drinking problem, talk about glass houses

He should be reminded of that quote on his twitter considering how good the Storm is going compared to the Rebels, interesting to see the response. Just like when Mike Carlton predicted the end of rugby league at the Wallabies peak during the RWC 03. Only for him to eat his words years later, the arrogance of union supporters/media/ARU is why I don't support the Wallabies or the ARU in general.

The contempt and arrogance they show towards league is why I have no sympathy for the ARU's current position.

Strewth.

The pressures of being a RL player under constant media scrutiny...

Apparently getting on the 'evil drink' isn't a two way street.

Glass houses and all that.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
But redraghead isn't an alcoholic. He just copes with stress by drinking, drinks alcohol at every social function he attends and gets moody if he doesn't drink.

I repeat, he is not an alcoholic recovering or otherwise.

When it comes to television rights, Australian rugby has long been somewhere between the devil and the deep blue sea. To grow and compete, it needs to be on free-to-air television, always the oxygen for any sporting flame. But to pay its bills in the professional era it needs the money that only comes from paid television. The way forward for many and many a'moon has been to leave Super Rugby on pay TV, while ensuring that the Tests, at least, are on free-to-air as well – usually parking it wherever they can findGordon Bray. But this Spring tour, as many of my email correspondents have informed me, with some angst, the two most popular Tests – against England and France – will be on ... neither.

That's right. As it stands, well into the 21st Century, at a time we take it as a given that if you have pay TV, at least, you can watch pretty much anything any time, somehow negotiations have broken down to the point that, as it stands, the Test against France in a fortnight will be the first Wallaby Test since the one against Fiji in 1984 – back when dinosaurs roamed the earth – not to be on free-to-air. How did this happen? In part, it is because rugby has been so on the nose of late that none of the free-to-air networks put a bid in to broadcast the spring tour. And while the Foxsports rival beIN Sports – who used to be Al Jazeera Sports – outbid them for the pay TV rights, at the moment they're not bothering to put those two Tests to air! Who's to blame? It is tempting to say Australian Rugby, but closer to the mark is Australian rugby. The real problem is that not enough of us are watching the Tests put to air, at the end of this singularly ordinary season, for the broadcasters to bid up big. These are grim times, and the solution is not obvious. But it going to have to start with the Wallabies winning more frequently, and in more spectacular fashion!

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...161103-gshvem.html?client=ms-android-optus-au

Having a whinge about union now

taipan

Referee
When it comes to television rights, Australian rugby has long been somewhere between the devil and the deep blue sea. To grow and compete, it needs to be on free-to-air television, always the oxygen for any sporting flame. But to pay its bills in the professional era it needs the money that only comes from paid television. The way forward for many and many a'moon has been to leave Super Rugby on pay TV, while ensuring that the Tests, at least, are on free-to-air as well – usually parking it wherever they can findGordon Bray. But this Spring tour, as many of my email correspondents have informed me, with some angst, the two most popular Tests – against England and France – will be on ... neither.

That's right. As it stands, well into the 21st Century, at a time we take it as a given that if you have pay TV, at least, you can watch pretty much anything any time, somehow negotiations have broken down to the point that, as it stands, the Test against France in a fortnight will be the first Wallaby Test since the one against Fiji in 1984 – back when dinosaurs roamed the earth – not to be on free-to-air. How did this happen? In part, it is because rugby has been so on the nose of late that none of the free-to-air networks put a bid in to broadcast the spring tour. And while the Foxsports rival beIN Sports – who used to be Al Jazeera Sports – outbid them for the pay TV rights, at the moment they're not bothering to put those two Tests to air! Who's to blame? It is tempting to say Australian Rugby, but closer to the mark is Australian rugby. The real problem is that not enough of us are watching the Tests put to air, at the end of this singularly ordinary season, for the broadcasters to bid up big. These are grim times, and the solution is not obvious. But it going to have to start with the Wallabies winning more frequently, and in more spectacular fashion!

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...161103-gshvem.html?client=ms-android-optus-au

Having a whinge about union now

Fixed .Await publishment .

Brutus

Referee
Apparently Australia are playing Wales in yawn yawn this weekend. You will have an easier time finding a copy of Hustler at Elton John's house than tracking down any tv coverage of this game.

Meanwhile the international RL matches are on free-to-air...

Happy days.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
My comments published ,maybe Fitzhead is getting the message.Both he and his code are becoming less relevant each year.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Re Twitter if you give Fitzy a hard time on Twitter he just blocks you I know as I,m blocked also if you give him a kicking in the SMH they don't publish it

Incorrect

Coach
Would sending him or the Herald an email asking him to come up with some new material be considered an attack I wonder?

Every freaking week when he refers to a soccer player or manager, or a golfer who isn't Adam Scott or just about about any athlete that isn't a union player, he'll say "whoever that is" when referring to them. This week it was Jurgen Klopp who was the target of his razor sharp wit...

Seriously - he recycles the same shit every week. It was never funny the first time, let alone the 5000th time...

Latest posts