What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy's league Sledge

b79bf5d8181ffbbf456b636abb3e2012

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...-under-threat-from-union-20161202-gt2kv8.html

Told yers! I refer to the comments by the famous rugby league coach Chris Anderson this week. Tell 'em what you said Chris: "Our biggest danger is rugby union … It's a big world sport. It's taken over Europe. Rugby league has died in Europe. All good players now go to union; in England, in France. So it's a big game. It's growing in America. That's our danger. If we don't get our house in order, our danger is we'll be playing rugby union in 10 years."

Ah yes, sneer and jeer, see if I care. TFF has been saying exactly the same for the past 10 years. Of course Australian rugby is going through very grim times at the moment, and that is a worry. But the point is, that it is only in Australia that is happening, whereas it is exploding in popularity everywhere else – and the ARU's coffers continue to fill because of it, in international broadcast monies, however slowly the turnstiles might be clicking at home.

And Anderson is also correct, in his next comments.

"If we don't change … rugby league will die."

A pause, please, for the sneering and jeering to be cut to a dull roar once more. Go on, Chris.

"AFL are genius in grassroots development. They throw a lot of money at grassroots. If we don't do that, they'll hurt us."

Right in every particular. The key for Australian rugby going forward will be to do both, to play the long game, to put more of the international money that neither the NRL or AFL can get close to, and devote ever more to development of grassroots rugby. Then we will see how all the codes are travelling 10 years from now!

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
Here we go again,

... Weirdly I could only find six comments in regards to the Fitz files last week, wonder what happened?

Delusional, if anything RU increasing internationally would hinder the ARU as the other comps can buy out the best players to play in there leagues. Super Rugby isn't going to create a 1.8 billion dollar deal for the ARU, let alot an increase of viewers within the decade.

You think rugby fans would learn by now not to predict the demise of rugby league, as every time they did rugby league ended up in a better position than before.

AJB1102

First Grade
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...-under-threat-from-union-20161202-gt2kv8.html

Told yers! I refer to the comments by the famous rugby league coach Chris Anderson this week. Tell 'em what you said Chris: "Our biggest danger is rugby union … It's a big world sport. It's taken over Europe. Rugby league has died in Europe. All good players now go to union; in England, in France. So it's a big game. It's growing in America. That's our danger. If we don't get our house in order, our danger is we'll be playing rugby union in 10 years."

Ah yes, sneer and jeer, see if I care. TFF has been saying exactly the same for the past 10 years. Of course Australian rugby is going through very grim times at the moment, and that is a worry. But the point is, that it is only in Australia that is happening, whereas it is exploding in popularity everywhere else – and the ARU's coffers continue to fill because of it, in international broadcast monies, however slowly the turnstiles might be clicking at home.

And Anderson is also correct, in his next comments.

"If we don't change … rugby league will die."

A pause, please, for the sneering and jeering to be cut to a dull roar once more. Go on, Chris.

"AFL are genius in grassroots development. They throw a lot of money at grassroots. If we don't do that, they'll hurt us."

Right in every particular. The key for Australian rugby going forward will be to do both, to play the long game, to put more of the international money that neither the NRL or AFL can get close to, and devote ever more to development of grassroots rugby. Then we will see how all the codes are travelling 10 years from now!

I say some stupid shit when I'm drunk too... Oh wait, he's off the drink isn't he?

Must just be a natural born f**king idiot then.

And Chris Anderson for f**ks sake. Get him to tell ya all about his 1 marker strategy, Fitz. Or the time he punted Preston Campbell for Noddy Kimmorley only for Campbell to go on and win the comp and Dally M the next year. Was it also Opes who tried Anasta at fullback?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
If spitzy said it, you just know the opposite is going to happen. The kiss of death, looks like RL has a bright future.

taipan

Referee
Got my comments published, must have had his arm twisted to do so.

Unfortunately I have given him a click bait surge.:mad:

taipan

Referee
Frank Keating wrote in 2001 that RL would be dead in England by 2006.

A former Wallabies coach in the 90s (when union became openly pro), stated rugby league would wither as all the good players would gravitate to union.
A former ru tragic by the name of Mike Carlton predicted rl would die early 2000s
Bandana Baboon FitzHead predicted the Storm would have to move when the Super union team came to Melbourne.
Dennis Fitzgerald in 09 predicted the Storm was wasting their time in Melbourne ,and to do the obvious and move to the Central Coast.
Now we get Anderson,who was a complete disaster at the Sharks.

I was told as a kid ,sometimes it pays to be seen and not heard.These oxygen thieves based on their poor record, would be well advised to take heed ,of that advice.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Haha, channel flicking and world sevens in Dubai is on, must be about 2000 people bothering to attend.

Check out aru 2015 annual report, their total revenue is $84mill compared to nrl's $334mill!

Good job union is going well in Japan as it certainly isn't in Australia

Latest posts