What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Five Try Hauls (98-present)

rabbitohs95

Bench
So after Johnstons five try haul on the weekend I got to thinking which other players have gotten that much in a game in the most recent league era.

I know Merritt did it against Parra in 2011 but have any others gotten them? I can't recall any others.

Rhyno

First Grade
Francis Meli scored 5 against the Dogs in a semifinal in 2003

Jamie Lyon got 5 against the sharks in 2003

Charlie124

First Grade
I scored 9 one afternoon in the late 90's against my mate Rhys from two houses up. To be fair, back then i had the speed and swerve of a London hired van and poor old Rhys had the durability of a London bridge pedestrian. He never stood a chance. Uphill... downhill... it mattered little, i had all the skills in my trick bag for any playing conditions and they were all on show that day.

5 tries? thats cute.

Life's Good

Coach
Nigel Vagana bagged 5 tries for the Dogs in 2002 vs. lol@souffs. There is probably debate about the legitimacy of these records given the cap scandal but that can be argued by others.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Also scored 5 v Illawarra. Not sure what year.

Both were 1989 and 1994, and incredibly on the same date.

I know this is 5 try hauls in the NRL era but there haven't been too many.

I think Alan McIndoe scored 5 for the Steelers in a match.

moffla

Bench
Vunivalu got four in one half vs Manly last year. Shame he was kept quiet in the second half

Canard

Immortal
Both were 1989 and 1994, and incredibly on the same date.

I know this is 5 try hauls in the NRL era but there haven't been too many.

I think Alan McIndoe scored 5 for the Steelers in a match.

He definitely did, Im certain I remember watching it and it was an 3pm Saturday ABC game against the Gold Coast, so it was sometime after 1988. (maybe 90/91?)

Latest posts