What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Five Try Hauls (98-present)

edabomb

First Grade
What forwards have scored 4?

I know Gary Coyne did in a finals match vs Manly in 91. Menzies managed it a couple of times. I can't think off any others off the top of my head.

cooko

Juniors
Hugh McGahan scored 6 vs PNG in 1983. He was also captain coach of the Roosters in 1990.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
i remember matt sing bagging a hat trick but also butchering a 4th and having a BS forward pass take another one off him.

Would have been good having 1 representative on the list

King hit

Coach
Nigel Vagana's 5 against Souths

Merritt's 5 against Parramatta

At 2.39 in here you'll see Mal's 5, 7.59 McIndoe's against the Gold Coast and at 29.54 there is ET's 5 against Souths

Fangs

Coach

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
nah was a normal season game. There is a few hat tricks between himself and ty Williams but unless someone pulls one off in another GF that there will stand above as the best of them for along time.

Wasn't the first time utai got shown up badly against us, must of had nightmares after awhile

Fangs

Coach
nah was a normal season game. There is a few hat tricks between himself and ty Williams but unless someone pulls one off in another GF that there will stand above as the best of them for along time.

Wasn't the first time utai got shown up badly against us, must of had nightmares after awhile

Bowen, Williams and Sing. Brilliant back 3 in their prime. And yes I remember a number of hatricks from the lot, particularly the two wingers.

Absolute classic match.

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2003/round-24/parramatta-vs-cronulla/summary.html

2 send-offs and 2 sin-bins. Though Peachey's was more of a walk-off.

Go to 30 seconds to see the moment in all its glory. Classic Peachey:

I remember going to a mates place to have a few beers and watch that game. I had recently moved back in with my parents after a break up. Walking the 2km home, alone, in the cold I remember thinking "Can my llife get any worse". It was like a Smiths song.

I will never, ever feel sorry for Parramatta after this game. They did a lap of honour after the game like they had achieved something magical. Since this time I have started working with the Sharks and consider John Morris to be a mate. I enjoy razzing him about it and he is like "in retrospect that was a mistake".

There was a farcical moment where Cronulla had 10 men on the field , it was like 64-4 and Michael Sullivan attempted a field goal.

Fangs

Coach
Parramatta copped some back.

Harrigan sent 4 to the bin against Newcastle the year before.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
According the link that was shown earlier, Jack Troy scored 6 for Newtown against Easts in 1950 which was the last time that happened.