What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Five Try Hauls (98-present)

Vozzy

Juniors
Koribete scored 4 tries on debut for tigers against parra. Unfortunately a fast strong winger who scores tries isn't what the tigers needed. Koribetes feat wasn't as good as the great Jordan Rankin who debuted at just 16 what a star world's slowest winger who can't catch bombs.

It was actually 6 I think. Most I've heard of in a first class game.

I just done some research and yep, you're right. I don't know why I thought it was 7, but yeah he carved them the f*ck up that day.

Addo-Carr & Vunivalu remind me of Nagas & Nadruku.

Canard

Immortal
I think everyone in the Raiders scored 5 tries against us that day.

I think the final score was 66-4.

The Roosters next game was in Townsville at the old sports ground, and they drew 12 all with the Doggies.

I think at the time it may have been the biggest turnaround in NSWRL history. I remember Fatty saying "Bad games are like bad haircuts, they only last a week!"

I think the final score was 66-4.

The Roosters next game was in Townsville at the old sports ground, and they drew 12 all with the Doggies.

I think at the time it may have been the biggest turnaround in NSWRL history. I remember Fatty saying "Bad games are like bad haircuts, they only last a week!"

Hey, weren't we only down 6 nil or something like it at halftime? Think it was nil all for a fair chunk of the first half.

Fangs

Coach

Sometimes they look good after and week then turn absolutely shithouse.

How's this for a turnaround?

NRL 2008

Round 22: Canberra v Penrith...74-12 (Campese 4 tries)

Round 23: Penrith v Bulldogs...52-16 (Luke Rooney 4 tries)

Round 24: Penrith v Melbourne...40-6 (Greg Inglis 3 tries)

-62...to -26...to -60

Life's Good

Coach
Sometimes they look good after and week then turn absolutely shithouse.

How's this for a turnaround?

NRL 2008

Round 22: Canberra v Penrith...74-12 (Campese 4 tries)

Round 23: Penrith v Bulldogs...52-16 (Luke Rooney 4 tries)

Round 24: Penrith v Melbourne...40-6 (Greg Inglis 3 tries)

-62...to -26...to -60
From memory, in the 74-12 game, wasn't Campese on track to eclipse the most points by a Raiders player in a game (Meninga)and either missed a conversion or had someone else take the kick(player was retiring)??

edabomb

First Grade
From memory, in the 74-12 game, wasn't Campese on track to eclipse the most points by a Raiders player in a game (Meninga)and either missed a conversion or had someone else take the kick(player was retiring)??

Marc Herbert took the final kick from right in front as Campo had a niggle from memory. It would have been to tie Meninga's club record of 38.

Life's Good

Coach
Marc Herbert took the final kick from right in front as Campo had a niggle from memory. It would have been to tie Meninga's club record of 38.
That's it! I remember calling Campo soft for not taking the shot but he did have a valid readon(I didn't know it at the time).

edabomb

First Grade
That's it! I remember calling Campo soft for not taking the shot but he did have a valid readon(I didn't know it at the time).

Nobody alerted him that he was set to tie the record. I think he has said a couple of times that if he knew that he would have - it wasn't out of respect for Mal or anything.

GongPanther

Referee
A bit of trivia,the day Greg Alexander put on a Penrith jersey for the first time in a trial match at St Marys,he scored 5 tries.After that,it was first grade all the way for him.

Former Panther lock Peter Langmack,brother of Canterbury's Paul Langmack,scored 5 tries in a 22-21 win V St George in 1974.Was at that match...because in those days there were no big TV screens,you had to wait until the P.A. announcer named the try scorer.After the third try by Langmack,the crowd went ballistic,and even much louder for every try he scored.When he scored his 5th,everyone was simply abuzz at the ground.Couldn't believe the atmosphere that day. [33 years ago yesterday Sun].

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Im guessing for a prolific try scorer like merritt he would have needed inglis to get 5 line breaks and 5 try assists to bag a 5 for

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
A bit of trivia,the day Greg Alexander put on a Penrith jersey for the first time in a trial match at St Marys,he scored 5 tries.After that,it was first grade all the way for him.

Former Panther lock Peter Langmack,brother of Canterbury's Paul Langmack,scored 5 tries in a 22-21 win V St George in 1974.Was at that match...because in those days there were no big TV screens,you had to wait until the P.A. announcer named the try scorer.
Or you could look at the player's numbers.