What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's challenge

snout

First Grade
We have a bunch of guys who fear noone. In fact the greater the challenge the better they like it.

In jimmy gal lewie feefs heighno and wade we have some of the hardest heads in the comp.

Some are coming to the end of their careers and turning up to play sides like the knights and the tits and drags...in fact most sides.....doesnt float their boat.
They rock up and give their all - but somewhere in their thinking their mind is on another contest.

Most footy commentators wax on all week about how perfect the storm are. What an ornament smith the grub is or how titilating slater and cronk are.

Our guys...they just have no respect for these shitheads and see it as their job to bash the fair f**k out them.
Nothing gets them up like beating a true contender like storm or raiders.

We are the champs and fighting some quasi challenger is almost beneath us.

We have a newfound sharks culture and it filters down to young guys like bird and brailey.
We fear absolutely noone.
And now the footy gods have dropped the hooker we wanted into our laps. How good could this year get.

But Flannos challenge is going to be finding consistency.
Getting them up this week for pennies.
He is onto it with his little fibs - trying to put challenges in front of them.
They need challenges.

Its only April and too many eyes are on september at todays recovery maybe.

At the storms recovery - their thinking notta so much of the positive.
They know.
They farkin know we have their measure.

Agreed, they've won a comp and know fully well how they got there.

I enjoyed listening to Gould's sober praise for us yesterday.

Agreed, they've won a comp and know fully well how they got there.

I enjoyed listening to Gould's sober praise for us yesterday.

I watched the Fox coverage but I recorded the Channel 9 coverage to see what Gould had to say about us.

What I found funny was one of the Commentators brought up how the Storm toyed with the Panthers attack.

Gould got defensive and said well the Panthers got over the line 5 times.

Then later he said the Storm completed nearly every set against the Panthers and their completions against us and the Tigers were shit house. As to say the Panthers caught the Storm when they were at their clinical best.

But you see we forced half of those errors out of the Storm. The Panthers didn't get in the Storms face or in their heads.

They just bent over and took what the Storm wanted to do to them.

Lol

wibble

Bench

Then later he said the Storm completed nearly every set against the Panthers and their completions against us and the Tigers were shit house. As to say the Panthers caught the Storm when they were at their clinical best.

Lol

I can only go on what you say Gould said, but if that is what he said he is a fraud. 13 errors, 12 penalties conceded to the Panthers, Bellamy in the presser was pretty upset with Storm completions from the last several weeks.

And I agree, I think we forced a lot more of the Storm errors than the Panthers did.

They had 42% possession and scored 30 points against the Panthers, they had 46% against us, scored 2 points.I rated the Panthers highly at the start of the season, 1/4 of the way in, I think they are too inexperienced to be a real threat, and will do well to match last season's results.

Storm and Sharks on the other hand, should be right up there...

Eion

First Grade
Other than having a sook about the pennies facing a better storm than us Gus was actually ok in commentary.

Made the observation that Melbourne get leg ups out of their own end and 50/50 calls. Mind you, his butt was most likely still hurting from last week which drove his comments.

Still, I thought he gave us our due when we were able to go up a gear in the final 10.

taipan

Referee
The media and hangers on predicted, we would either choke or submit to 2nd year syndrome.
The guys who put on our colours ,had other ideas, and apart from giving all and sundry the order of the middle finger bird, they got down and dirty and knocked over teams we were supposed to succumb to. aka Eels/Raiders and the Storm.
Now I know it's still early days, but even at this stage I would recommend to these media gimps,they eat a gross of 4&20 humble pies.We're sitting in a position on the ladder ,where the media hoped we shouldn't be.

I'm hoping they haven't seen nothing yet

wibble

Bench
We're still 7th favourite with many bookies.

It is partially because we don't attract big bets, which affects odds, but the behaviour of punters then flows through and affects other's opinions of our club's prowess.

But it is all good. If a team is to go back to back, and it is hard because other teams "rise" (which I don't necessarily believe), it is better that we are underestimated.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Flanno has us travelling perfect this is a melbourne Cup, Flanno is Bart Cummings, he knows when to get us to peak.

We have box seated into 3rd, so looking at top 4 already, and other teams now fear us, they know play us, you will get belted, we play the 80 minutes

txta2

Bench
Those commentator s f**k em all .Panthers and Raiders have got nothing on the Sharks. And it feels good giving it to the Storm now after the shit they gave us in the past

DJShaksta

First Grade
Fugg the Storm.
Fugg Smith's 2 points.
And fugg Brett Finch not wanting to say a single positive thing about the Sharks. Lowlife prick even said he was ok with Chambers shoulder charge on Wade.