Florida school shooting

Discussion in 'Four Corners' started by Smack, Feb 15, 2018.

1. 2_Smoking_Guns

2_Smoking_Guns First Grade

Hormones and easy access to guns. It ain't rocket science.

2. Generalzod

Generalzod Coach

We where discussing school shooting with my 17 year old son, basically he said what the media needs to do is report the event but don't mention the perps name..He feels that the media is glorifying these people by showing their faces on TV.

3. Generalzod

Generalzod Coach

Let me guess probably bullied at school Girl rejected him. I'm with smack here instead of giving him the death penalty we need to find out what triggered these events, what made him go over the edge.

4. myrrh ken

myrrh ken Bench

Yep. There should be some social responsibility taken by news outlets and Youtube not to publish his ramblings/ manifesto. Give him as little legitimacy as possible. Nothing can be gained from publishing it.

5. myrrh ken

myrrh ken Bench

It seems there was a lot going on his life and possibly many factors contributed: cops were called 30 times to their house, mental health issues, being ostracised, bullied by younger brother, breakdown of relationship with mother, recent break up with girlfriend and fighting with another kid.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article200754714.html

The trouble with pinpointing bullying or mental health is that its an easy excuse. Its not going to solve all these issues.

6. Smack

Smack First Grade

Let's ban men and guns, that would solve the problem.

7. Smack

Smack First Grade

The warning signs of a simmering danger brought on by his mental illness were documented by his school, his fellow students, his family, the police, child welfare agencies, the FBI and even by his own hand, on social media.

“Someone could have approached a faculty member, a guidance counselor, a teacher and said, ‘This kid gets bullied a lot, someone should do something,’” said student Manolo Alvarez, 17, who had history class with Cruz. “I regret definitely not saying anything.”

8. myrrh ken

myrrh ken Bench

Yep you just proved my point. Selective reading.

9. Smack

Smack First Grade

I selected the parts which reinforces my argument that he was mentally ill and bullied.

So it looks like I was right and you were wrong.

I'm going to enjoy this moment, like the many others..

10. Jimbo

Jimbo Immortal

Hillary would be all for that

11. Jimbo

Jimbo Immortal

Because every teenage boy is a school shooter just waiting to snap

Nice one boners

12. myrrh ken

myrrh ken Bench

Ha.What are you on about? I never said this kid wasnt bullied or didnt have mental issues. Dont get your shooters mixed up.

My point is he had several things going on. Previous violence against his mother for starters which suggested violent tendencies.

The mental issues are neither here nor there in the experts view.

How are anti bullying measures going to stop him being an excluded loner? Maybe force people to invite him to parties?

13. Smack

Smack First Grade

Pretty hard these days. But I'm sure you were having a go at me for mentioning bullying could have been a cause.

And I agree with that.

He had ADD, no?

We all went through some form of bullying at a young age, either mild or relentless. I would have hoped that in this day we can protect our kids a bit better while they are at school.

14. Smack

Smack First Grade

and just because it happened in our day, doesn't mean it should continue. Being bullied at school won't help them adjust to reality, what will help them with reality is learning essential skills like how to find a job, how to manage finance and how to be respectful and not little shits because your parents are deadbeats who would rather watch some retarded tv show smoking winnie blues and ignoring their kids

/rant

15. 2_Smoking_Guns

Yeah that's what I said. Talk about creating strawmen. Moron.

16. Jimbo

Jimbo Immortal

Well given how may teenage boys there are in the US and how few of them shoot up their schools, I don't agree that there is a logical correlation which suggests a causative effect boners

Poo poo head

17. Pete Cash

Pete Cash Immortal

Why doesn't bullying in Australia or England or whatever first world country I can think of lead to these school shootings ?

Is America an outlier when it comes to school bullying ??

18. myrrh ken

myrrh ken Bench

That was the other shooting.

I had a go at you in this one for suggesting anti bullying was the solution, rather than gun control as i dont think it would be effective.

Also in some cases, like the recent one, its not clear that bullying or mental health is at issue.

The common thing i believe is that these kids use guns they either legally purchase or have easy access to. They dont seem to go out of their way to purchase them illegally.

Anyway i think we agree nothing is going to change gun culture. They can flap around the edges but mass shootings will just be a fact of us life and nowhere else.

19. 2_Smoking_Guns

Making guns less accessible =/= banning guns. The problem is dickheads like you seem to think it is. And hormones are not restricted to males.

20. 2_Smoking_Guns

There is and will always be a people who lose their shit, and among them there are those who really lose their shit. Some will punch walls and some will throw things and some will revert to violence against others. Some have easy access to guns. The logical correlation between guns and violence in America is the ease of which all of the above can access a firearm.

And not all teenage school shooters are male.