What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FLOYD

Terminator

First Grade
This is a special topic that will hopefully become a thread that turns into a sticky for anyone who still gets into the greatest band in history, Pink Floyd.

For me the genius of Floyd will always come to me in 'Comfortably Numb'
with Roger Walters brilliant chello playing a single drawn out mournful note that changes octave three quarters of the way through as an accompanient to the other more modern instruments, when I heard that for the first time I was mesmerised by their professionalism and genius like talent.
I have never seen my favourite band play, and I dont think they will tour again, but if they do I will move heaven and hell to be there.

Some of my favourite floyd songs are:
Comfortably numb
Wish you were here
Shine on you crazy diamond
Another Brick in the wall
Ballad of Vera Lynn
Time
Arctic frost
plus others.

Once Dead

Bench
Bump

The cover of 'Another Brick in the Wall' for The Faculty, i know people will accuse me of blasphemy, but i thought it was great.....Layne put his stamp on this track alright....

Pretty good soundtrack for a crap movie......

millersnose

Post Whore
atom heart mother - most underated floyd work

animals - my favoruite

i think dogs is the best song ever written

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I have a Pink Floyd CD in may car (Kazaa collection) and still listen to it. Good shit.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Love Pink Floyd...love the work of Dave Gilmour!!.

I favourite all time Pink Floyd song is Comfortably Numb, i use to play it all the time on guitar & the solo at the end of it is just amazing, the actual live version is better and the guitar goes for about 4 minutes with the most amazing digital delay you will ever hear.

The actual song is about Heroin!!...kind of scary but the lyric's are just amazing.

Learning to Fly is another brillant song.

From Dark sode of the moon??...it would have to be Us & Them & Time.

Hey You from the Wall album is another good one.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Terminator said:
Hey you is fantastic!
Great to play on accoustic.

Im Pro electric dude ;-) ....only songs i play on acoustic are Paitence from Gunners, Friday im in love by the Cure and some Chris Issack.

ozbash

Referee
i prefer gilmore to waters.
gilmore is the ultimate guitarist imho,, waters was too much the genius, (over the edge).

they are my all time favourite band and we have every lp they produced..
got the box set of cd,s (shine on) which is awesome.

if you can get hold of a dvd (david gilmore in concert ),, do it.gilmore at his best..

chileman

Coach
Pink Floyd....I grew up with them and saw their Dogs of War tour at the Sydney entertainment Centre....just remind me if a band is going to have a laser spectacular where a dog comes running out of the screen and 2 blokes behind me have been on crappy pot all day not to sit in front of them :roll:

So much to say, but I've had a few brewskies at a trivia night. :?

My favourite album would have to be Wish You Were Here, to me its the modern day equivilant of a Mozart opera. DSOTM to me sounds like a group of very good songs (like Stg Peppers) that happen to form a theme (and sound brilliant !), but Wish You Were Here over comes that track-jump somehow and just becomes a symphony of great modern day music.

More raves to come, like when I saw them live. :D

chileman

Coach
Was that you sitting behind me that night BS freaking out :lol: Terminator....lets just say the freaked out so much they were calling for Paul Hogan to step down as Prime Minister and for Kylie Minogue to go on a diet as she was leading our youth astray with eating habits and getting fat! :lol: They really lost it and although I wouldn't turn around because I was fearful for my life and a diet like Kylies........I couldn't take my eyes off a legendary concert!

Hmmm, Chileman you would only have been in front of me if you were in row 6 or closer, and right in front of Dave Gilmour. :D :D :D

I don't mind saying I cried towards the end of Comfortabely Numb, that giant silver ball-thingy going up and turning into a flower. How good was the bed that crashed into the stage from the back of the EntCent ? A mate of mine caught Nick Mason's drumb stick. I said he must give it to me, it was my birthday precious and I wants it. :twisted:

millersnose

Post Whore
ozbash said:
i prefer gilmore to waters.
gilmore is the ultimate guitarist imho,, waters was too much the genius, (over the edge).

they are my all time favourite band and we have every lp they produced..
got the box set of cd,s (shine on) which is awesome.

if you can get hold of a dvd (david gilmore in concert ),, do it.gilmore at his best..

make sure you watch the extras like the home movie when they are arranging the parts for the choir

with people like sam brown and durga mcbroom

shivers up the back of the neck stuff

Latest posts