What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FMD I HATE MELBOURNE

Brutalitops

Juniors
I loaded this site knowing there would be a hot take thread, and lo and behold.

Even had the referee complaints included

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I can handle losing to a better team but l can't stand being ripped off, not to mention the team being The Storm.
It's a double whammy.

Juniors
I think most fans of the game hate Melbourne. It's not their success per se, because that would be both obvious and an easy retort.

It's the concerted effort from everyone involved in the game to ignore everything wrong about them.

Hey, I admire their ability to turn rocks into diamonds and the systems they obviously have in place. But it's everything else.

On the balance of probability they win today anyway, or at least turn up and make it hard to beat them. That's the frustration of it all. They don't actually need the leg up they got in the first 20 minutes. They don't need the commentary to ignore that and wax lyrical about their good points. For all the athleticism shown in those early tries, they don't score them without the ball, which they shouldn't have had. And THAT should have been the talking points early. Not Gould sliding off his chair saying Widdop doesn't change this.

It's not the unfairness that gets me most. It's the acceptance of it.