What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FMD I HATE MELBOURNE

Gareth67

First Grade
Could you imagine the amount of money their players could make , if they could use their backs ( instead of the front of their body ) , when lying on opposition players ? ? ? Merely an observation .

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
If we had Cam Smith in our team yesterday controlling the rucks and refereeing plus banging goals over from everywhere.....simply We Win! f**k I hate him with envy, but admire him somehow.

Gareth67

First Grade
If we had In our team yesterday controlling the rucks and refereeing plus banging goals over from everywhere.....simply We Win! f**k I hate him with envy, but admire him somehow.

To me , he is the exact opposite to our own Norm Provan .

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Bellamy coached any other code with his attitude he would have been banned for life but not the NRL. They just praise him. He has changed the game with his rubbish tactics especially the wrestle. They are an arrogant bunch of C*&ts and the smug look on Cronk when he walked off typified it. He knew he did something wrong, got 10 in the bin and walked as if he was so proud of what he did. Thought Saints would suffer instead scored a coupel of tries after it. Dirty side and no coincidence the first NRL player to become wheelchair bound was because he played his last game against the Storm. At the time Cam Smith did not even have any sympathy, instead whinged about a freakin penalty. Notice how they never get the 1st penalty for holding down a player? It is usually the opposition that get the penalty and then a few tackles later the ref may pull them up. A few as in 20 or so.

There was an NFL coach who recently got banned for life for introducing tactics to the game which was out of the spirit of the game, which is what Bellamy has done. Instead teams have upped their focus on wrestling and slowing the game down thanks to him. Then the NRL try and tell us the game is much quicker now.......Yeah right. I cannot remember in the old days a player having so much time to look at the ref whilst the player is on the ground, until he got told to get off. They just freaking got off and away you go. As soon as a player has time to look at the ref I would penalise them.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
What I found hardest to swallow yesterday was the time it took for Cronk to acknowledge he had been sin-binned and the time he took to leave the field. Caught out for a professional foul he then committed another and went unpunished by giving his team a couple of minutes extra respite while he ignored Cechin and then finally dawdled off. Should have been upgraded to a permanent send-off for gross misconduct and disrespect for the ref.

Drakon

Juniors
What I found hardest to swallow yesterday was the time it took for Cronk to acknowledge he had been sin-binned and the time he took to leave the field. Caught out for a professional foul he then committed another and went unpunished by giving his team a couple of minutes extra respite while he ignored Cechin and then finally dawdled off. Should have been upgraded to a permanent send-off for gross misconduct and disrespect for the ref.
Yep, I agree. After taking ages to start to leave the field, I thought Cronk walked a dangerous line (pun intended) when instead of walking straight off the field took a long diagonal and held the game up. The ref should have pulled him up and sent him straight to the sideline. I noted that supercilious look on Cronk's face too.

On another note, McCrone tried to grab the ball and get on with it when getting a penalty but the ref said basically 'calm down, time off has been called' but I never say the ref call time off and the clock counted down for another 12 to 15 seconds. Anyone notice that?

possm

Coach
Yep, I agree. After taking ages to start to leave the field, I thought Cronk walked a dangerous line (pun intended) when instead of walking straight off the field took a long diagonal and held the game up. The ref should have pulled him up and sent him straight to the sideline. I noted that supercilious look on Cronk's face too.

On another note, McCrone tried to grab the ball and get on with it when getting a penalty but the ref said basically 'calm down, time off has been called' but I never say the ref call time off and the clock counted down for another 12 to 15 seconds. Anyone notice that?
I wonder if the Club complained, would Cronk be facing the judiciary?

SEAT 1A

Bench
Not surprised with the rort, just didn't think it would start so early in the game.

MEL are a manufactured team by the NRL and must be successful at all costs. I remember watching the Swans early days, they were getting flogged every game.

It's now come to a point that Gus needs to make up crap to cover the bias. Cooper had to stop Nene from scoring, forgetting about a certain try in the next play.

Then after game,set and match he gets binned.

gaz_head

Juniors
Hate to say it but Melbourne have everyone associated with the NRL 'star struck' and they have the premiership on a string. It was evident on Sunday with the officiating. When they dropped a ball in a tackle, the opinion was that there's no way a player in this 'great' Melbourne team would drop a ball cold so it must of been stripped. Reverse the situation and you get a knock on, scrum feed to Melbourne. The officials need to stop reading the papers and do their f**king job and call games straight down the middle. The penalties we got and the sin binning were just a square up so their jobs weren't called into question.

FlameThrower

Bench
Hate to say it but Melbourne have everyone associated with the NRL 'star struck' and they have the premiership on a string. It was evident on Sunday with the officiating. When they dropped a ball in a tackle, the opinion was that there's no way a player in this 'great' Melbourne team would drop a ball cold so it must of been stripped. Reverse the situation and you get a knock on, scrum feed to Melbourne. The officials need to stop reading the papers and do their f**king job and call games straight down the middle. The penalties we got and the sin binning were just a square up so their jobs weren't called into question.
Nailed it..,

possm

Coach
And the way Cronk walked off SLOW to give the Storm time to recover should have deserved a send off for decent.

gaz_head

Juniors
And the way Cronk walked off SLOW to give the Storm time to recover should have deserved a send off for decent.
Yep and that's another farce. When a player is sin binned, the referee needs to point in the direction of the shortest way off the field and give the player 20 seconds to leave. If both/one of those instructions are not adhered to, the player should be sent for another 10 mins (20 mins off in total). The NRL puts in scrum and drop out clocks but AGAIN they're not proactive in things such as this.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Don't blame Melbourne, blame the lazy merkins at the NRL, they have allowed it from day dot, and now with Cronk taking a stroll around Win Stadium, the NRL should ban him for a week to teach them a lesson but nothing has or will happen and they will do it again down the track, stamp it out straight away and it wont happen again..

Drakon

Juniors
For me Its do I despise Melbourne or Hate Brisbane......or do I despise Brisbane and Hate Melbourne.......again do I despise Melbourne and hate Brisbane or do I hate Brisbane and despise Melbourne.....Mmmm its a draw I hate and despise the pair of the wankers
BSE, what about Cronulla?

Latest posts