FO Foran

Discussion in 'New Zealand Warriors and NZRL' started by RHYTHM AND STEALTH, Aug 18, 2017.

1. RHYTHM AND STEALTH

RHYTHM AND STEALTH Coach

was at the game and watched him closely. he couldn't give a shit about the team. he's saving himself for either the WC or dogs. no heart. if Kearney had half a set he would tell him to stay away for the final 2 games

2. Philip_Smith007

Philip_Smith007 First Grade

He's done his back apparently. So hopefully done for Warriors.
    Defiantly a top 10 greatest ever recruitment failures at Warriors

Cold Roses likes this.
  3. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Coach

Probably #1 most disappointing

Iafeta likes this.
  4. Blair

Blair Bench

That's ironic considering all the hype about our 'spine'.

I wish Foran well. He's a deeply troubled young man. Unlike many other young people, who are doing it tough, he has a large support network around him. He's likely to always have great opportunities in life.

We won't die wondering what he'd be like in a Warriors jersey. We don't need to see any more of it.

AJB1102, Iafeta and ZEROMISSTACKLES like this.
  5. Meth

Meth Referee

Tomkins was probably more disappointing to me

6. Rich102

Rich102 Moderator Staff Member

Speaking of which; did Tomkins leave his boot to RTS? He's forever slipping over too.

7. vvvrulz

vvvrulz Coach

I was one of Tomkins biggest critics during his time here, but that said I'd pick Tomkins over Foran any day of the week.

Foran is unfit to play. Whether that's headspace or fitness, it's simply arrogant to think he's capable of delivering even the most
    basic NRL performance. He should not have been on the field this year, at all.

Tomkins, if nothing else at all, was a professional over here. He worked hard, he stayed fit, and he never gave anything but his full 80 minutes on the park. And unlike so many Warriors, he actually improved his game over time. A poor fullback? Too expensive? Overhyped? Absolutely. I'd love to see what he could have done in the halves but that's moot now, plus I think a fair bit of it was poor coaching and team support as well.

Foran though is on another whole level of incompetence.

8. JJ

JJ Referee

Yet Kearney continued to pick him when half fit and/or half arsed, along with Kata and Thompson - while bagging the team as not trying and/or having players not up to standard...

9. vvvrulz

vvvrulz Coach

And that's probably the biggest slap on the face of all.

Fully aware of what's wrong but content to dish out that sheepish grin and re-select all of them. What cheek to even talk about accountability and standards. Where is his accountability? What are his standards? 27%?

10. Penrose Warrior

Penrose Warrior First Grade

I've thought about it a bit, and I believe Foran is still very mentally unfit. That permeates into physical as well. It's not something I like to bring up again but the guy did make some pretty serious actions last year in terms of his life.

In hindsight we shouldn't have expected a thing from a guy who was always on a one-year contract, historically a bad body and came to us with serious mental issues. And behind a bad pack. It was never going to work.

Jim would say he'd do it all again, if only welfare wise. But it was always going to be a failed venture, and one that has certainly not helped us one iota (and stunted Ata's development)

JJ and ozbash like this.
  11. Philip_Smith007

Philip_Smith007 First Grade

Foran has to be out of World cup as well on form alone. Nikorima is carving it up for Broncos in the halves.

Iafeta and JJ like this.
  12. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Coach

The most annoying bit is that the answer to the question of what he would've been like in a Warriors jersey is actually "pretty damn good when he could be bothered". Its just that he really CBF 75% of the time. Also annoys me that in a year or so we'll probably still be hearing that Shaun in the one who is "inconsistent and drifts in and out of games" when in reality his effort has been way more constant until his injury.

Iafeta likes this.
  13. Beavers Headgear

Beavers Headgear First Grade

Mate from work messaged me earlier saying he was listening to Radio Sport this afternoon and Foran was on talking about what a success the season has been

Haven't heard it myself to know the context he was talking, but if I was a member and heard that I wouldn't be renewing

Iafeta likes this.
  14. Blair

Blair Bench

If this season's been 'successful' then what would a 'failed' one look like?

15. Penrose Warrior

Penrose Warrior First Grade

He said similar things in an NZ Herald interview. He's really talked a lot of nothing this year.

Iafeta likes this.
  16. vvvrulz

vvvrulz Coach

Successful for him, he's got everything he wanted the selfish prick

AJB1102 and Iafeta like this.
  17. SpaceMonkey

SpaceMonkey Coach

Yep. Successfully got himself a halfway house contract for the year and a ticket back to a Sydney club next year.

RHYTHM AND STEALTH and Iafeta like this.
  18. Rich102

Rich102 Moderator Staff Member

Heard on NRL360 Monday night that the Storm were interested in signing Foran to replace Cronk. Wonder if they have seen him play this year?

19. Shaun Hewitt

Shaun Hewitt First Grade

Was a risk signing, always was.
    Glad we made it, as had it worked out then who knows where we'd be.

Alas, it didn't. Not only did it not work, barring a very short period in the beginning of the season, he has looked unfit and generally not interested.

Failed risk.
    We move on.

Although, why the heck is he STILL picked ahead of Ata and Lino, I'll never know.

SpaceMonkey and Cold Roses like this.
  20. Blair

Blair Bench

Leadership!