What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Foran

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Completely take your point. However, none of them treated the jilted club with as much disregard and disrespect as DCE did. His manager and himself were disgraceful throughout that whole process. Wasn't that him and Orr who tipped the media off about a meeting at Cronulla? Didn't DCE smirk and completely refuse to guarantee he was going to the Titans right up until the last minute of the deadline then backflip? That's all the memories I have.

I don't watch a lot of Manly but stands to reason a halfback on $1m could cop plenty for not being on less than Immortal form every week, even with a bog average side around him. Part of the territory, and the fact he appears to be a class A merkin and has a prickly relationship with the media doesn't help.

The Cows aren't in the Sydney market, they're never going to wear criticism like Manly or another Sydney based team will. You're 100% right but their climate is different, media can't go hard on them over there because they have a more intimate relationship with the players/club, whereas Sydney media can go hard as they want with the knowledge they won't lose access.

Completely agree that the Titans thing wasn't a good look, and glad that it made the NRL tidy up that process a lot more. The Cronulla tip off may have been the work of his manager, not sure
The media relationship changed instantly around that time, when he was at the beach and carrying his infant daughter back to the car with reporters and cameras in his face. Fair enough if he was on his own but can understand the feelings he would have had with his child subjected to it

The class A merkin bit, I can't go along with, simply because I have met the guy a couple of times and seen him interact with others and he is absolutely first class in that regard, I can't say that for all of them that I've been around but behind Brent Kite and George Rose he would be right up there among the best

May be a bit rose coloured with him but can only go off my own experiences, rather than what the media lead people into

To try and come back on topic, Foran is on a mill a year and hasn't produced anything since 2014, but gets a bit of a free pass.
Will we ever see Foran play well again ? Sadly I think that ship has sailed, the way he left Manly was pretty dirty, but he gave plenty on the park over the first bit of his career so I was hoping he would find something again but can't see it happening

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
The moment that always hangs with me re: Foran was when he tried to catch Tyrone Peachey in a clear sprint-off and got absolutely burned - couldn't even get past a brisk jog.

Should never have been playing, body was completely busted.

TheDMC

Bench
I was excited when Foran came to the warriors and then dumbfounded when the bulldogs were stupid enough to throw big coin at him. What a dumb signing.

JJ

Immortal
I was excited when Foran came to the warriors and then dumbfounded when the bulldogs were stupid enough to throw big coin at him. What a dumb signing.
Des and Raylene stuffed the Dogs completely - just a ridiculous situation atm

Blair

Coach
The moment that always hangs with me re: Foran was when he tried to catch Tyrone Peachey in a clear sprint-off and got absolutely burned - couldn't even get past a brisk jog.

Should never have been playing, body was completely busted.

I was in the thick of that. He 'ran' towards my corner. You're right in your description. I'll add the Penrith fans were laughing.

That try was a clear forward pass though. 36-28, the 'unlosable' game gone. Johnson had a few outside runs in the last minute or two, a very different prospect if it was still 30-28.

JJ

Immortal
I was in the thick of that. He 'ran' towards my corner. You're right in your description. I'll add the Penrith fans were laughing.

Yet our coach and management were still hopelessly devoted, and Dessie and Raylene falling fast (I can't blame Dessie for being nostalgic, and I guess like most Aussies he never watched the Warriors)

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
https://www.nospam47.com/au/rugby-l...an-foran-contract/zc5es3hcz8uo1u0w06hd0blj1/1

I know it's The Lurker and about as reliable as a bus without wheels...but stuff just keeps coming up with this guy. Where's there's smoke there's fire, clearly. Busted at the Eels, busted at the Warriors (and rumours of poor attitude, being rude to front office staff etc) and now potentially this.

How did it go so wrong with him? You look back on this forum years ago when we tried to sign Liam just to get the bigger fish...when he was top of our wish list, we saw how great he was at Manly and thought he was a great bloke (or I did)..and now he's a write-off. Old man is CEO of Walmart, successful, obviously comes from a good home but now is off the rails.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Around 2014 he got himself mixed up in a bad crowd and has been a liability since, his body and mind included in that, is clear now it's just about collecting a wage for him

I got told a bit of info about how his time with Manly ended and lost a massive amount of respect for him after that.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Around 2014 he got himself mixed up in a bad crowd and has been a liability since, his body and mind included in that, is clear now it's just about collecting a wage for him

I got told a bit of info about how his time with Manly ended and lost a massive amount of respect for him after that.

Yeah OK, so it's the Haysons and the like that have put him on the wrong track. I just wouldn't have thought that one or two bad eggs could send someone screaming off the path so badly, that he clearly has no idea how to be a decent person anymore.

Go on, with the last part...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah OK, so it's the Haysons and the like that have put him on the wrong track. I just wouldn't have thought that one or two bad eggs could send someone screaming off the path so badly, that he clearly has no idea how to be a decent person anymore.

Go on, with the last part...

Is a very long story with a few parts to it lol, so will throw a condensed version on covering the main part of it

He was extremely tight with Glenn Stewart, who Manly weren't in a position to offer a new deal too. When that news came out, Forans form dropped off immediately, and it coincided with both he and DCE coming off contract, so Foran decided to try and get some revenge on Manly. Manly were trying to sign both halves, then had a change of direction on that plan and decided the balance of the squad was better only keeping one, and decided on foran, who they pulled into the office and he guaranteed them he would be staying, so management pulled the offer to DCE, who went and signed with the Titans. After that had been announced and he thought DCE was gone, he signed with Parramatta who he had verbally agreed to months before, even though publicly "it was the hardest decision ever and I only made it last night". 5mins after the news was announced about him leaving Manly, his then partner got on twitter with the post "LOL, Karma"

And we all know what happened after that with the big DCE offer. We ended up dodging a massive bullet not having Foran on the books though. Moved to Parra, took their money then decided he needed a break from League only to be negotiating with the Warriors within weeks, took their money and put in zero effort post getting his Dogs money, and has done nothing for them

It is sad the way he has ended up though, he could have been an NZ great.

Last edited:
https://www.nospam47.com/au/rugby-l...an-foran-contract/zc5es3hcz8uo1u0w06hd0blj1/1

I know it's The Lurker and about as reliable as a bus without wheels...but stuff just keeps coming up with this guy. Where's there's smoke there's fire, clearly. Busted at the Eels, busted at the Warriors (and rumours of poor attitude, being rude to front office staff etc) and now potentially this.

How did it go so wrong with him? You look back on this forum years ago when we tried to sign Liam just to get the bigger fish...when he was top of our wish list, we saw how great he was at Manly and thought he was a great bloke (or I did)..and now he's a write-off. Old man is CEO of Walmart, successful, obviously comes from a good home but now is off the rails.

Cant open the link bro

Big Marn

Juniors

Mad Monday aftermath continues

Word is that the Bulldogs’ Mad Monday antics are only the tip of the iceberg at the club.

I’m hearing that the relationship between coach Dean Pay and injured halfback Kieran Foran has become untenable.

The pair are barely talking and Pay is hopeful that Foran will walk away from his rich contract for next season.

But Foran is telling mates he has no intention of going anywhere and will happily play in the NSW Cup and collect his hefty back-ended contract money.

The Bulldogs tried to medically retire Foran - who played just 12 games this season - but have, to date, been unable to.

Significantly, of the 12 games that Foran played, the Bulldogs won a mere three - an indication of his fall from grace after being one of the game’s elite playmakers a few years ago.

spear tackle

Juniors

Mad Monday aftermath continues

Word is that the Bulldogs’ Mad Monday antics are only the tip of the iceberg at the club.

I’m hearing that the relationship between coach Dean Pay and injured halfback Kieran Foran has become untenable.

The pair are barely talking and Pay is hopeful that Foran will walk away from his rich contract for next season.

But Foran is telling mates he has no intention of going anywhere and will happily play in the NSW Cup and collect his hefty back-ended contract money.

The Bulldogs tried to medically retire Foran - who played just 12 games this season - but have, to date, been unable to.

Significantly, of the 12 games that Foran played, the Bulldogs won a mere three - an indication of his fall from grace after being one of the game’s elite playmakers a few years ago.

Well even though we had him for a season it looks like we dodged a very big bullet in the end

Latest posts