What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

JJ

Immortal
Repeated coaches have been incompetent and gutless. Kearney takes both to new levels and the muttering about walking to the gate and not trying is just embarrassing

Blair

Coach
This is one of the things that irks me the most about the Warriors management history.

The Stupid Six saga was a *golden* opportunity to actually weed out the rot and set a clear precedent on the professionalism and attitude expected at the club. We didn't have to back anything up, the whole thing was set up on a silver platter.

The evidence was immediate; we filled our team with dedicated reggies including the (then) ignored Gavet and (still) ignored Allwood and Tevaga, Jeff Robson gave us his best game by far, a visibly relieved Hoffman and Johnson applauded the guys off the field at half time. We turned around the disgraceful ANZAC 0-42 with a spirited win. World beaters? No, but at least we were bloody trying for once. I still maintained that's the most inspired I've seen us play since the Bluey saga, which is now a whopping 6 failed seasons on the trot.

So what did we learn? We dumped Robson for good, got Luke back starting, reggied the rest and recalled the very idiots that we supposedly made an example of, and then went one step further and made them immune to the chop. Then we got one of the old boys on board to steer the ship, knowing he's an epic failure of a coach, and let him continue being hell bent on more of the same.

Until we see a permanent Stupid Six action, this is us.

Post of the year?

Lane also got his 15 minutes as a Warriors first grader in that St George game. He would've thought he was onto a pretty good vibe after that win.

Tof and Lane will be reunited at Manly where a good culture and competent coaching should turn them into effective, regular first graders. Lane's already there now. I hope Tof follows. Two 'big Warrior forwards' of lore, gone.

JJ

Immortal
this week the process will be to drop Hingano, Satae and Papailii

FMD

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I find this alarming. There is something very very rotten in our club. Unfortunately I can't put my finger on it. 6 years of missing finals & i'm at a loss!

I find it alarming as well. It's tempting to say it's Charlie, he's not very bright...but I'd say he also has no filter and he's answered those questions very honestly. And you can see the disdain for the club as a whole. Is that because he's been in ressies most of the year? Maybe. Is it because they didn't offer him a deal when others did? Maybe. But maybe it's because he sees the joint and morale in general as a stinkhole. I dunno.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11905541

"I love the club but I'm also happy at the same time. I know I will get better somewhere else. If I'm staying in the NRL I want to go somewhere where I'm going to get better.

"I've seen a lot of my mates that have left here and gone on and become a lot better at other clubs, so that's what I want to do and see how I develop in a different environment."

Hmmm.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Nope. Totally different people. Nathan Brown is a quality coach and person. Has proven head coach credentials in a season-long comp too (albeit UK) unlike SK. He has that team busting their rings out for each other. He's also got an eye for talent, or at least someone at the club does because they've made some quality signings and brought through some good kids. He would've gone really well here.

Remember when Cleary dropped Manu for having a shocker and within a couple of seasons he was the winger of the year at the Dally Ms?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
You should know not to mention the name Cleary about me Monkey man...it gives me an incandescent rage that can end in night-long posting rants.

Blair

Coach
That is probably the single worst thing about the whole saga.

His son would've followed too, eventually. I think he's contracted until 2019 at Pennie.

I'm getting as pissed-off as P-Dub. It took me at least 48-hours to digest the news that he'd been overlooked for Kearney.

Just getting back to our current coach. Someone mentioned that Bellamy wouldn't do anything to undermine Kearney if he ever considered a Warriors head-coaching role. It's more than possible, however, that Kearney would gladly go back to being Bellamy's willing assistant.

Bellamy's a bit pie-in-the-sky though. A real chance is Hasler, for one last shot at coaching first grade, in a new environment. It would be a breath of fresh air for him, I reckon.

JJ

Immortal
Yeah, but if the rumours are true, BOTH Cleary and Toovey were overlooked for Kearney - that's full genius

His son would've followed too, eventually. I think he's contracted until 2019 at Pennie.

I'm getting as pissed-off as P-Dub. It took me at least 48-hours to digest the news that he'd been overlooked for Kearney.

Just getting back to our current coach. Someone mentioned that Bellamy wouldn't do anything to undermine Kearney if he ever considered a Warriors head-coaching role. It's more than possible, however, that Kearney would gladly go back to being Bellamy's willing assistant.

Bellamy's a bit pie-in-the-sky though. A real chance is Hasler, for one last shot at coaching first grade, in a new environment. It would be a breath of fresh air for him, I reckon.
If sold I wonder if the new owners will have he cash to spalsh on a top quality coach?
The ego blocking Clearys return would be gone at least.
Not sure who didn't want Toover there? His health insurance company?

playdaball

Bench
Kearney must hate the post match press conferences. I wonder if he prepares in advance his excuses / reasons for failure? To say that players aren't up to ( this week vs Souths) is correct but a major kick in the guts to the recruitment, his coaching and selection, the culture of the club. Hmmmm .... Iro, Kearney and Doyle or dies it all start with the owner?