What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

Blair

Coach
I reckon by Friday I'll feel fine again. Who have we got again? The Tigers. We should win.

Today I still think we suck! I wish I was a Penrith fan ;-).

Last edited:

sup42

Juniors
I reckon by Friday I'll feel fine again. Who have we got again? The Tigers. We should win.

Today I still think we suck! I wish I was a Penrith fan ;-).
Dont let that last game fool you, it really was the perfect Storm. They pulled off some ridiculous Trys at the start which they wont be banking on happening every time they try those kicks this season.

The worst of it is no Harris and Luke, the communication they provide in defence and the way they put their bodies on the line is pretty special.

Once our timing at dummy half was gone our attack was gone.

It was a miracle of courage that they could fight in the second half, and fight they did.

We will stay comfortably in the top four after hearing the good news re Lukes rapid recovery.

I expect we will trouble the Storm the next time we play if things are fair and equal going into it.

JJ

Immortal

I expect we will trouble the Storm the next time we play if things are fair and equal going into it.

I don't - at least it depends on what you mean by 'trouble' - they're a much better side than us - come semi final time, if we're there we'll not be a threat IMO - one thing I agree with Kearney on is it's more about next year

sup42

Juniors
I don't - at least it depends on what you mean by 'trouble' - they're a much better side than us - come semi final time, if we're there we'll not be a threat IMO - one thing I agree with Kearney on is it's more about next year
They are a much better side than us when we are missing Isaac Luke, Pulu, Gavet, Kata, Beale, Lawton, Sao, Johnson, Kata Harris.

That is ten first grade options missing inclusive of two spine marquee players.

They had a red hot day like the Warriors posted against the Bulldogs in a semi in 2003 and against Brisbane at Suncorp with a fifty four point hiding.

The Warriors will seriously trouble the Storm if their full compliment is available.

Last edited:
They are a much better side than us when we are missing Isaac Luke, Pulu, Gavet, Kata, Beale, Lawton, Sao, Johnson, Kata Harris.
Two Kata's?

Hard to put a gauge on it all with so many top guys missing, but feel Kata defensive reads can be an issue sometimes with his rush out of the line defense.

Storm worked our weakness near perfectly.
They went 2-3 wide of the ruck from the first set.
This changed in the second half and their points dried up.

We will find out round 19 Sunday 22nd July. (After away game to Broncos on a Sunday)

JJ

Immortal
Swap 'Stacey' for 'Jesus' in Mr Angry's posts and it looks like what's written on the billboard outside the local church.

Jesus is the reason.

You know you need Jesus.

Jesus is the answer.

It's time for (you know who)...
guess we all have to let Stace in our life

sup42

Juniors
Two Kata's?

Hard to put a gauge on it all with so many top guys missing, but feel Kata defensive reads can be an issue sometimes with his rush out of the line defense.

Storm worked our weakness near perfectly.
They went 2-3 wide of the ruck from the first set.
This changed in the second half and their points dried up.

We will find out round 19 Sunday 22nd July. (After away game to Broncos on a Sunday)
You know you can never get away with a slip when posting among fellow train spotters...comforting in a way, strength in numbers and all that.

Two Kata's indeed, will not do, please disregard, and yes we will find out the truth versus the Storm in July, I can't wait.

If we get thrashed again I would find it hard to understand what that means really, especially if we have our full strength side.

I suspect we will have a monster clash against every lot we face here on in...that thing Cameron Smith said about everyone aiming up against the Warriors taking its toll...will be a first real rebuild season thing.

TheDMC

Bench
The scary thing about the Melbourne game is they exposed our utter lack of pace/nimbleness our wide. A real template for how to waste us, go wide early. None of our frontline backs are quick off the mark at all: Ken, Hiku, Kata, and even the Fus. SJs return will hopefully offset Mason’s mediocrity in fast moving defense and Harris back out there should help but still a real weakness. Will be interesting to see if the tigers explore the edges early. If not a try opp, big meters to be made...

sup42

Juniors
Seven wins two losses.

I've run out of superlatives Mr Kearney.....your top line up is one of the best in the game and this side just put Ivan away at long last....

This must be the best side we have ever had in terms of team work rather than raw talent.

Rich102

Staff member
Can't disagree. And the last off season was probably our best crop of signings.
So far not a dud amongst them.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
The other thing that is pleasing for me is that this must be up there with the brownest team we’ve fielded. Shuts up all those- too many Polynesians voices
Yeah 'too many Polynesians' is probably one of the dumbest excuses I've heard for a team not doing well especially when the best players we can deliver right now just HAPPEN to be pacific islanders/Polynesians. It's not like we got a choice. If they were Pakistanian we'd pick them.

Anyway, I think some white guy deemed that to be the problem with our team. Thing is - when a white guy or to be more specific, an Aussie player or a British player scores a try, the Polynesian Warriors get there to celebrate his try. Those Polynesian Warriors really look after guys like they did Sean Tompkins and on Saturday, Lawton.

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
Anyway, I think some white guy deemed that to be the problem with our team. Thing is - when a white guy or to be more specific, an Aussie player or a British player scores a try, the Polynesian Warriors get there to celebrate his try. Those Polynesian Warriors really look after guys like they did Sean Tompkins and on Saturday, Lawton.

lol Sean Tompkins.

But you're right, and it's pleasing when it goes the other way too.

There are many Australians who wore our jersey with pride and stood up for the club, starting right from Greg Alexander blowing up at the touchie when Willie Carne went in the corner.

I personally take the Morgan Freeman stance on all this - all this whitewash / brownwash talk will go away once we simply stop talking about it.