What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

sup42

Juniors
Kearney is out thinking Bennett at half time versus the Broncos.

His lightweight bench is out playing them....looking like a master plan just now.

Had to post it before the end result is known in a game few gave SK the benefit of the doubt in.

Might end up being mocked in 40 minutes time we shall see.

TheDMC

Bench
Kearney is out thinking Bennett at half time versus the Broncos.

His lightweight bench is out playing them....looking like a master plan just now.

Had to post it before the end result is known in a game few gave SK the benefit of the doubt in.

Might end up being mocked in 40 minutes time we shall see.

Was a good move having Beale in centers, Hiku on the wing. And wow Tevaga was awesome in the middle.

Blair

Coach
You guys sadists? You make the FO Kearney thread active when guys like me are rocking up here not knowing the score?!

sup42

Juniors
His ability to stop this lot going on a season ending slide after big losses is a cold hard fact that you can only attribute to his Coaching ability.

You just know this lot have it in them to give up on a season after a humiliating bashing...seen it for six years.

When the Warriors break they stay broke.

Kearney has managed to pull them together each time and get them coming out swinging and showing some pride in the Jersey.

No Warriors Coach has presided over such dramatic nor frequent bounce backs.

In other words they are drinking the cool aide. They believe in him, that's pretty powerful stuff for a Warriors playing group and the place where you would start if you were looking for some Super coach to come in...someone the Players believe in.

The Imports that Kearney brought in by in large have been gold.

Green, Tohu, Pulu, Paasi, Beale, even Hiku have had an impact on the team in terms of lifting the standards from the rubbish of seasons past.

He has managed to get the best out of rogues like Luke, and as far as development managing of young players he has achieved off the charts with Ken, Papalii, Tevanga, Lino, Bunty.

He has got the best out of RTS.

One of the un heralded quiet achievements of Kearney has been getting rid of the idiot factor.

Brain farts are rare. Sure they make dumb decisions but the absence of total stupidity on and off the field is telling.

You would notice that a difference with Noobs debuting for the top side (Satae/Vuna/ Lawton) is the total absence of the obligatory silly off load, over playing of their hand, losing the game for the team on debut never to be seen in Fg again (Ala one Agnatius Paasi's one and only Warriors Fg Appearance against the Broncos before going to the Titans).

I could go on about one percenters that Kearney has nailed (Less games of turning the ball over for free, no fear of defending back to back Try line sets, no fear of playing with 12 men etc) but I think his best is still to come.

I think we will shock the finals series if we have our full squad.

Big Marn

Juniors
I admire your optimism.
I do however believe the NRL is so tight and each game is significantly influenced by refereeing decisions and momentum swings, that it all depends on the day.
Gamescript can change so quickly.
Take last weeks game. We had all the momentum until Ken missed that dropout. The game changed tack and then we were on the end of some poor refereeing decisions that cost us 8 points and ultimately the game.
The Sharks game that we lost because a linesman cant detect a blatant forward pass.
Even last nights game could have had a completely different gamescript if Klein had correctly ruleda loose carry on RTS in the first half instead of a strip by RCM. How does one strip with their head and at the point of the tackle he was the only one touching RTS so its a one on one strip anyway
Penrith would have had good attacking position and if they had scored who knows how the game may have played out.
Most of the teams in the NRL are very close in ability. I would love for us to have a dream run in the playoffs but a LOT of things need to go our way for that to happen.
But then again its the same for each team. so who knows what will happen.

sup42

Juniors
The one edge Kearney has going into the finals is the Start to the Season where they believed....and as a result they were unbeatable against some very good opposition.

I am certain Kearney will foster that same belief game by game, and if the players commit with the same defensive intensity, they will be worth potentially four straight from here. Land in a GF and anything is possible.

We just need them to give 100 % and to have our best line up, they are talented enough to roll home.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Yep I was a doubter before of the man. Not a hater, as I was a fan of Kearney the player. Very satisfied.

This sums it up for me too.

I'm not jumping around over Mooks though. We get dumped out of the finals in week one and all the frustrations could come to the surface again.

We're looking at finishing 8th, I remember sitting School C and getting 50% in one subject. It was more relief than celebration. I was expected to do a lot better too.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
So many monkeys off the teams back. I think we just knocked ano5er one off with a convincing hom e win under pressure. Hopefully a packed hose and a team in a mood for Simons 300th next week (it is, right?) sees them unleash on the Raiders and build some real momentum (and a home final!).

sup42

Juniors
This sums it up for me too.

I'm not jumping around over Mooks though. We get dumped out of the finals in week one and all the frustrations could come to the surface again.

We're looking at finishing 8th, I remember sitting School C and getting 50% in one subject. It was more relief than celebration. I was expected to do a lot better too.
But did you get a D grade in every final report going back to (quick Maths 7 years) Primmer three ?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So the team that has 3/4 of the NZ spine has made the finals.

Praise be to large faces. In the top 50% of the with a top 10% roster.

Your roster scares me, the coach not so much. Kata will be exposed by better teams.

That said yay you made finals.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
So the team that has 3/4 of the NZ spine has made the finals.

Praise be to large faces. In the top 50% of the with a top 10% roster.

Your roster scares me, the coach not so much. Kata will be exposed by better teams.

That said yay you made finals.

Arguably the best spine in the comp but with a pack that’d be lucky to be in the top 2/3. And pigs win prizes.