What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foam Roller Appreciation Thread

Cliffhanger

Coach
How good are they?

Today I used a cricket ball instead, because I don't have any foam rollers at home and one of the guys who my coach coaches uses one instead. So much more painful, but more effective I think.

abpanther

Staff member
I've never used one but (as you know) I'm keen to incorporate more core/ab stuff, would it be worthwhile me investing in one?

Thomas

First Grade
I use one every day and spend 10 minutes working my ITBs and hammies and calves.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Foam rollers aren't about getting a workout, they're about avoiding injury and getting rid of tightness. Really you can just use a cricket ball, but it's a lot less painful with a foam roller, so get on of them.

urban eel

Juniors
they are massively expensives at retail stores
i was looking to get one to use to help with tightness after cycling and RLS

ended up using a empty wine bottle instead,was effective,just need to be longer and slightly thicker

This is my roller:
Asda

Works the best out of any type of roller I've tried, especially for the places I need to roll out (hammies and calves - it's smaller so it's easier to get on top of).

Plus, you can fill it with ice water for anti inflammatory or hot for tightness.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Golf balls and cricket balls are the best to be honest, if cricket ball didn't have a seam they'd be better.