What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football in Pictures

andrew057

First Grade
_64001346_lennon_celeb_sns.jpg

langpark

First Grade
Unfortunately whilst that flag has the red and yellow colours of Catalonia, it's the flag of another Spanish province. But the well-intentioned idea was there.
You're right I think it's a great idea. I suppose it's lucky for them that, from a distance, it would be difficult to realise it was the wrong flag....

langpark

First Grade
I was in Paris a week ago and randomly stumbled across this. I knew it existed, but never thought to go out and search for it. So when I saw it from a distance I said "what is that?" then as I got closer I realised. Imagine telling Materazzi years ago that there would one day be a statue of him in Paris....

120927094432zidaneheadb.jpg

Pretty cool idea for a statue I have to say

Big Sam

First Grade
Very cool statue. Also distracts you from that monstrosity of a building behind it...

CC_Eagle

First Grade
I was in Paris a week ago and randomly stumbled across this. I knew it existed, but never thought to go out and search for it. So when I saw it from a distance I said "what is that?" then as I got closer I realised. Imagine telling Materazzi years ago that there would one day be a statue of him in Paris....

120927094432zidaneheadb.jpg

Pretty cool idea for a statue I have to say

That is the coolest f*cking thing I've ever seen.

Where is it exactly? I should be in Paris in March and will definitely make an effort to check this out.

Bulldog Force

Referee
This reminds me of the good old days when Marquez and Puyol were on the same squad. This picture made me literally LOL when I first saw it. Look @ Ramos LOL :lol:

Rafael+Marquez+Carles+Puyol+Barcelona+v+Real+aZiX4dgWUWdl.jpg

Big Sam

First Grade
Where is it exactly? I should be in Paris in March and will definitely make an effort to check this out.

Outside the Pompidou Centre. They bulit it in the 70s with the postmodern idea of inverting a regular building i.e. having all the piping and plumbing shown on the outside, but the result was one of the most hideous buildings ever.

Big Sam

First Grade
Crystal-Palace-v-Barnsley-008.jpg

Barnsley were forced to play in Palace's away colours after it was deemed their kit clashed with the home side's.

Given that both teams at Selhurst Park were wearing Crystal Palace strips, it seems fitting that neither side won the match. The referee in charge, Kevin Stroud, deemed that Barnsley's kit was too similar to the home side's and therefore they were forced to play in Palace's away colours.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/football-league-blog/2013/apr/06/football-league-your-thoughts

How the hell does that happen? Surely the ref could've realised earlier in the week that there'd be a clash?

Big Sam

First Grade
The Chinese are invading Gosford on Wednesday!

bc7784c9-a8da-405e-9d90-2584e5af4c07.jpg

And here was the Central Coast's reply (courtesy of 442):
BKIQsnACQAAemWb.jpg:large

:lol::lol::lol: