Football sponsorships in the Perth market

Discussion in 'WARL' started by Lockyer4President!, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Lockyer4President!

Lockyer4President! First Grade

Just checking out who the WARL should be targeting by looking at who the major sponsors of the other Perth based football teams are.

Dockers: Programmed & Woodside
    Eagles: SGIO & Bankwest
    Force: Emirates
    Glory: QBE & Stellar Securities
    Pirates: Cash Converters

Is it just me do the Pirates stick out in that line-up...

Emirates finish their sponsorship of the Farce after 2013. Perhaps a chance for the Pirates to prove themselves by signing a major sponsor?

2. Swamp

Swamp Juniors

While I agree with what yiu are saying, the big difference is the fact that all other teams mention actually exist. If expansion was announced I am sure there would a be few high profile sponsors willing to jump on board but until then Cash Converters are good for the SG Ball team.

3. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

Lol, might have something to do with the fact all the other teams exist and the Pirates don't? In fact I would suggest we might be the only under 18's RL team that has a multi national, multi million $ company sponsoring them!

You also didn't mention multi national mining resource company Sedgman who are backing the bid.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  4. ShaneO85

ShaneO85 Juniors

While cashies might not have the corporate might of some of those other sponsors i think it would be great for them to be the major sponsor when perth finally get a team back in the top flight.
    Speaks volumes for their committment to helping grow the sport in the west that they'd stick around for a 20 year hiatus before being on the front of the new teams jersey again.
    Not that i use pawn brokers but to me it gives me a very positive brand connection to cashies.

5. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

Cashies have already given over 1/2mill to get the bid and the sg ball this far. They are great supporters of the game in WA.

6. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

Interestingly cashies are sponsoring table topping Hull City in the English soccer championship also.