What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[footy] Beat the Tigers Please!

bartman

Immortal
While traveling it seems like I've missed some pretty ordinary Eels footy, by all reports. I saw the Bulldogs game before I left Sydney, and saw the Cowboys and Storm losses live on Sky Sports in the pub. (The time difference means that night games come on at 10:30am here!)

But looking at the table after some of this round's results, if we knock off the tigers, the Eels will end the week in equal seventh, albeit with a poor for and against. I find that an amazing positive at this stage of the season given our results and performances!

Coach Smith has finally started some chopping and changing this week, which again came as a pleasant surprise! Who knows whether it will work, but we had to try something. The starting six in the pack look as good as can be given the injuries, and here's hoping some fresh combinations in the backline get things going out there in attack.

Webster gives good service from dummy half, so it's really up to Witt and Thorman to show if they've got it this week. They started the year together in reggies, so here's hoping they have a combo and understanding going. I'll be keen to read reports, as this game is not coming in here on Sky.

Talk it up Eels fans, a win here keeps us in a (surprisingly) OK position, while a loss... well that would be another hurdle for the side to overcome.

Suitman

Post Whore
Barty,

All I can say is that Bart picture of yours throws a much better pass than our former star 5/8th......D. Wagon.

A win against the Tigers may just be the kick start we need for the rest of the season, but really, my thoughts are that a win would just be another coating of No More Gaps over the cracks.

The time has really, really come. The master must resign.

Sad :cry: , but true.

Suity

di luvs parra

Juniors
Yep Hodgo and Moodie will have a great game... but we can win and it will keep us in good/ok position [-o<

BTW, In the pub at 10.30am eh :alcho: ;-)

bartman

Immortal
di luvs parra said:
BTW, In the pub at 10.30am eh :alcho: ;-)

Yeah, feels a bit weird, and you have to try hard to find a pub open before 11am, but there's a few!

I feel the pain about Parra's five-eighth options Suity! While Dykes finished last year OK, pairing him in halves with Wags this season was upsetting. At least now with Witt and Thorman there should (?) be some youth and attacking spark in the halves, and we'll see what happens?

I agree there are bigger cracks for things to have gotten to this two seasons in a row, but in the meantime fingers crossed the Eels can turn things on the up this week!

fridge

i agree bartman !

a lot of positives will come from today whether we win or lose. it's exciting to finally see our starting line up change, and it's refreshing to see that the eels coaching staff realise they need to do things to change.

win or lose i'll be rooting for the boys, and i hope all the new faces have absolute blinders :mrgreen:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we cant keep losing forever

hopefully they'll do it for Bartman