What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy Quiz

Anonymous

Juniors
Tigertread said:
Kelly never went off he finished the game. :lol: Kelly gave the French ref a mouthful, so the ref sent him off. But Kelly just sat down, and then moved back to the second row. The ref tried to send him off again for something else but he just sat down again. Eventually he gave up and Kelly finished the game.

How many times was Noel Kelly sent off in his career?

LOL..yep, thats right. Sent off twice in one match and he still stayed on. Must have been a shambles of a game.

I'll guess he was sent off six times in his career.

Tigertread

Juniors
5 and 6 are both wrong. Higher.
I have to go now will check later on.
cya later.
ps: Kelly broke his nose sixteen times :lol: must of loved the rough stuff.

Tigertread

Juniors
In Arthur Beetsons Test debut he made a break and as the defence converged on him he placed a perfectly placed grubber kick for who to score.

Justme

Juniors
Johnny King, but don't think it was a grubber from memory, I recall it being a long downfied kick

Tigertread

Juniors
King is correct.
It was a grubber, just ask Artie. He used to kick a lot when he used to play five-eight and centre

Justme

Juniors
Tigertread said:
King is correct.
It was a grubber, just ask Artie. He used to kick a lot when he used to play five-eight and centre

Artie's memory may be no better than mine then, age does that to you :oops: Hate to admit it but I was at that game :cry:

Artie actually set up 2 tries in that game before he ran out of puff. Before kicking for King who did he put over for the first try?

Tigertread

Juniors
Ken Irvine.
I remember the game well. I'm showing my age. :wink:
Artie never came out for the second half with Aust leading 8-2. That is when he got the nic :Half a game Artie"

Justme

Juniors
Tigertread said:
Ken Irvine.
I remember the game well. I'm showing my age. :wink:
Artie never came out for the second half with Aust leading 8-2. That is when he got the nic :Half a game Artie"

Ken Irvine is correct mate.

Seems we have established that were both old farts but but it's still unresolved who's heading into senility first, still reckon Artie hoofed it 30 metres :D :lol: :lol:

Cheers Tigertread

Tigertread

Juniors
Who am I?
A grazier's son, born in Nyngan and was interested in anything but football. I started playing league at 12 and was one of those kids who stood behind the pack and picked daisies. I wasn't very keen on football. At 15 I got picked for the Australian schoolboys to tour England.