What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy Show Awards- Song at the beginning

Juniors
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows the band and songs name of the song that was played at the beginning of the footy show awards?

Raider_69

Post Whore
#4 said:
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows the band and songs name of the song that was played at the beginning of the footy show awards?

if your talking about the guy that did Season rap, why would you want to know!

im not a big fan of that type of music and he just confirmed that dislike..... he almost put me to sleep!

Grantwhy

Juniors
#4 said:
Hi,

i'm 99% sure that was Tom Burlinson (from 'The Man From Snowy River' fame ;-) ).

Nice how he mentioned in the song the NQ Cowboys were the only team not to appear on Ch.Nein this year.

The Colonel

Immortal
Tom Burlinson and his Big Band.

It was done to an old Frank Sinatra song - not exactly sure which. Burlinson has performed the songs for a movie set here in Australia just recently - The Day the Lights Went Out. He has also performed on Broadway - and starred in The Man From Snowy River

Juniors
Nah, I am talking about the song they played in the background right at the start when they were doing interview and that before the awards started. It is a well known recent song as I have heard it before but just don't know who sings it or the songs name.

Southernsaint

Staff member
#4 said:
Nah, I am talking about the song they played in the background right at the start when they were doing interview and that before the awards started. It is a well known recent song as I have heard it before but just don't know who sings it or the songs name.

"The People" - By The Music

Cheers,
Ben S.

Faranah

Juniors
haha...he actually looked like Christopher reeve to me!

He nearlly put me to sleep aswell...it was horrible

OVP

Coach
Southernsaint said:
#4 said:

"The People" - By The Music

Cheers,
Ben S.

Southern Saint is the Winnah !!

Congratulations, you have won a free set of Steak Knives :)

Seriously tho, dont you think the singer sounds a tad too much like Pink ?

P.S. that song was also used during the Footy Show's Most Wanted promotion thingy ... kinda lame, would have love to have seen them use Ministry instead ... that would have woke up the dead :lol: