What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy Show Farce

iggy plop

First Grade
I've been watching the footy show for half an hour and there has not been one mention of the weekend's finals. They have just gone from Ice Skating to charades with two girls from the crowd. Fatty actually asked the chick in the Bulldogs jersey how will they go this weekend and she had virtually no idea what he was talking about. (first mention of the game)

A bit of fun is fine, but to completely ignore the prelim finals in the first half of the show is a disgrace.

This is where the AFL piss all over league. This rubbish is shameful. why not mix an interview with a player or something related to the finals in the first part?

Fuuk, after the break is Magic Dirt and Phil Cass. it's just getting worse.

What about the footy????? The continuous call crap now this rubbish.
sometimes I wish I was an AFL fan. :x

half

Coach
well you did the right thing by coming on the internet right away to register your disgust to the world

Ron Jeremy

Coach
iggy plop said:
I've been watching the footy show for half an hour and there has not been one mention of the weekend's finals. They have just gone from Ice Skating to charades with two girls from the crowd. Fatty actually asked the chick in the Bulldogs jersey how will they go this weekend and she had virtually no idea what he was talking about. (first mention of the game)

A bit of fun is fine, but to completely ignore the prelim finals in the first half of the show is a disgrace.

This is where the AFL piss all over league. This rubbish is shameful. why not mix an interview with a player or something related to the finals in the first part?

Fuuk, after the break is Magic Dirt and Phil Cass. it's just getting worse.

What about the footy????? The continuous call crap now this rubbish.
sometimes I wish I was an AFL fan. :x

I don't watch the crap anymore......it use to be ok & they use to talk abit about football but?? know it's basically an entertainment show with little emphasis on RL.......yet there got the hide to call it the NRL Footy show....which i think is a joke!!

Paul Harragon is as funny & productive as a 17th century dildo & Vautin's insight into a game is as usefull as a fake dog turd!!

This is where AFL has it over the NRL......the Footy show will point to the ratings much the same as Hadley does...and they will say that it encourages more female fans & viewers in general by doing it this way...but?? if so why not just call it Paul Vautin Live or ET tonight with Paul vautin!!

And i thought Hadley's show lack Rugby League related material??

The AFL both have a Thursday night show & Sunday Morning show yet??....they still have 85% of the show dedicated to the sport!!

BJ

Juniors
i have watched maybe 2 shows of the thursday night footy show this year.. total lack of interest.. firstly like u all they lack of footy is appaling.. the afl show can do it fine why can't these guys? and secondly they don't show a fair scope of all the teams.. it's always the top teams.. knights players roosters players..
i'm a tigers supporter and my team has hardly ever been on there.. besides terry hill.. whata claim to fame..
there is always a healthy showing of wests tigers jerseys in the audience but still they ignore it..
it's a joke.. but i'm not loosing any sleep over not watching the show this season..

paulquinn49

Bench
so why did you decide to make a thread about this when its happened all year?

get over it this thread has been done plenty of times, dont like it then dont watch it :x

Ron Jeremy

Coach
BJ said:
i have watched maybe 2 shows of the thursday night footy show this year.. total lack of interest.. firstly like u all they lack of footy is appaling.. the afl show can do it fine why can't these guys? and secondly they don't show a fair scope of all the teams.. it's always the top teams.. knights players roosters players..
i'm a tigers supporter and my team has hardly ever been on there.. besides terry hill.. whata claim to fame..
there is always a healthy showing of wests tigers jerseys in the audience but still they ignore it..
it's a joke.. but i'm not loosing any sleep over not watching the show this season..

I totally agree.....all you see is the likes of Ryan Girdler, Andrew Johns, Luke Rickertson, Jason Stevens etc

And during the year when they decided to talk about the weekends games it is virtually hurried up.....so much so that the screen would change to the other games while there still on about the game......i hardly call this an indepth analysis of the weekends games!!

Matt23

Staff member
If they did'nt watch it...they would'nt have anything to whinge about :roll:

Dogs Of War

Coach
You can sum that some up when fatty says last night "Woah boys we're actually talking footy on the footy show". I only watched it cause I wanted to see Phil Cass.

Southernsaint

Staff member
I thought you people would've learned by now. If you want football discussion watch "NRL On FOX" or somesuch. If you want dick & fart jokes watch "Hey Hey It's Thursday Night"...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Southernsaint

Staff member
"The Sunday Footy Show", then??

At a stretch, you can watch the Roy Masters/Jon Harker segment on Sportsworld, too. Although you have to put up with those Melbourne peanuts interjecting every two seconds...

Jeez, free-to-air footy discussion is piss poor, isn't it?!

Cheers,
Ben S.

wittyfan

Referee
The Thursday Footy Show has barely discussed football for years so I'm not sure why you are surprised. :?

Agent Mulder

Bench
Yeah its Shite.
I have only watched in like 4 times in the past 4 years.

From 1999 it really went right downhill.

The AFL footy show is 10 times better...Im glad im a shiftworker as i get to see the AFL Footy show more often.

The NRL Footy show has nothing and Vautin shouldn't be allowed on TV with that head...He doesn't have a clue.

The "NRL Footy Show" is just a silly piece of crap to try and get more women into the game.

For all that Hadley and Vautin are supposed to hate each other, they have very similar ideas on league broadcasting. Both seem to think that a show purely about football won't rate, and therefore they have to fill it out with "entertainment". Over time, both have come to the view that the "entertainment" rates better than the footy talk, so have focused more on that than anything else.

Sad thing is, the ratings figures probably support their view. :cry:

Dale

Juniors
I enjoy watching Sundays for the 'footy' factor.

I also watch 'Hey Hey it's the Footy Show' but don't expect any footy stuff to be on.

miccle

Bench
For intelligent talk, watch the sunday footy show. If ya want a little bit of light hearted fun, watch the thurs night version. Don't get too cut about it though - i'll admit it is rubbish at the best of times, but it's awright for a giggle and they do damn good things for junior leagues and charities as well.