What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Footy Show Farce

Bengal

Juniors
I love the footy show!!!
Living in rah rah land I take anything League related I can get, whether it be watching a game, listening to a game, listening to informed League talk or just listening and watching League people talk (whether its about League or not!).

I come from an age where the only coverage of League (the nswrl premiership back then) was a one line result in the Sunday paper (of which I was rapt to get!)

And then many years later an age where the NZ media were first learning to get their heads around such strange names such as Parramatta, Cronulla etc (games were only just starting to be played regularly on TV then)

To be able to watch the League (most times live) on TV these days is truly awesome, to be able to watch League related shows like the Footy show and Boots n All is absolute icing on the cake.

The Footy Show yeah yeah give me more…

BTW I have a couple of colleagues who before the Footy Show came along wouldn’t have known the NRL from the NFL.

One more thing has the League or any of the TV big wigs looked at having a serious mid-week in-depth League show on free-to-air TV?
Going on some of these posts there looks like there could be enough interest in it.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
miccle said:
For intelligent talk, watch the sunday footy show. If ya want a little bit of light hearted fun, watch the thurs night version. Don't get too cut about it though - i'll admit it is rubbish at the best of times, but it's awright for a giggle and they do damn good things for junior leagues and charities as well.

That all very well but??.....the AFL has a Thursday & Sunday footy show yet they still have a more then strong emphasis on there sport,

Im sick of Crack the Fat (i wish it was reality), the corperate box, The Kicking at goals, Going going gonee, There House, Dare Devil Dudes....i hope i got them all in.

greeneyed

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
"The Sunday Footy Show", then??

At a stretch, you can watch the Roy Masters/Jon Harker segment on Sportsworld, too. Although you have to put up with those Melbourne peanuts interjecting every two seconds...

Jeez, free-to-air footy discussion is piss poor, isn't it?!

Cheers,
Ben S.

I am about to agree with a St George supporter! :D

The NRL Footy Show is of course a complete joke. It is not silly to complain at this point of the year, as during the course of the year, the football content has progressively declined to absolutely nil. It has only reached the "zero" point in the last few weeks, but the producers finally managed it.

But the Sportsworld thing is even worse. We have it "moderated" by a swimmer (as nice as she is and a rugby league supporter) and an ex AFL player. They then let netballers and shooters interject.... And it all comes from .... Melbourne! The rugby league "expertise" is Roy Masters (living in Melbourne, past it, mostly just there is self agrandise and working for a news organisation now dedicated to destroying league and promoting AFL and union - I mean the Sydney Morning Herald) and Jon Harker!!!! Does Channel 7 really think that us rugby league supporters just LOVE IT when Paul Salmon denigrates our game during the RL segment every week???

And they don't dare broadcast 10 minutes of this AFL biased RL coverage into any southern state... they just broadcast it into the northern states while they broadcast even more AFL coverage into the southern states. Sportsworld is a joke!!!

iggy plop

First Grade
paulquinn49 said:
so why did you decide to make a thread about this when its happened all year?

get over it this thread has been done plenty of times, dont like it then dont watch it :x

This is a league forum where league fans air their views on various issues. Plebty of threads have been done over again and rightly so.

Get used to it tool.

iggy plop

First Grade
League fans have a legitimate gripe when they compare what they've got on a Thursday night to the AFL one. Both shows come under the "footy show" banner, yet the two are worlds apart. It's alright to say don't watch it, but why just bar it when you can suggest ways of it being improved.

Last night's show was the biggest non-footy of all time and it's prelim finals week. Not one interview with a player from the weekends games or insight to the matches except for the usual one minute hurry over.

It's fine to have the fun, but when they spend the first half hour doing non-footy shit then Fatty says "our next segment is charades",you've got to wonder why they call it the Footy Show.

I agree with others on this thread that they should change the name of the show to stop the confusion.

iggy plop

First Grade
greeneyed said:
Southernsaint said:

At a stretch, you can watch the Roy Masters/Jon Harker segment on Sportsworld, too. Although you have to put up with those Melbourne peanuts interjecting every two seconds...

Cheers,
Ben S.

The NRL Footy Show is of course a complete joke. It is not silly to complain at this point of the year, as during the course of the year, the football content has progressively declined to absolutely nil. It has only reached the "zero" point in the last few weeks, but the producers finally managed it.

But the Sportsworld thing is even worse. We have it "moderated" by a swimmer (as nice as she is and a rugby league supporter) and an ex AFL player. They then let netballers and shooters interject.... And it all comes from .... Melbourne! The rugby league "expertise" is Roy Masters (living in Melbourne, past it, mostly just there is self agrandise and working for a news organisation now dedicated to destroying league and promoting AFL and union - I mean the Sydney Morning Herald) and Jon Harker!!!! Does Channel 7 really think that us rugby league supporters just LOVE IT when Paul Salmon denigrates our game during the RL segment every week???

And they don't dare broadcast 10 minutes of this AFL biased RL coverage into any southern state... they just broadcast it into the northern states while they broadcast even more AFL coverage into the southern states. Sportsworld is a joke!!!

Yep, gone are the days when we'd have a decent sportsworld followed by a quality hour rugby league show. Two good footy shows on a sunday back before superleague. Now we have a union show.

Southernsaint

Staff member
iggy plop said:
greeneyed said:
Southernsaint said:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Yep, gone are the days when we'd have a decent sportsworld followed by a quality hour rugby league show. Two good footy shows on a sunday back before superleague. Now we have a union show.

Of course, as a Saints man I'll never have a bad word for Mr Masters. Remember his segment of the old "Sportsworld" called Masters Degree, where he wore the mortar board & cape while disecting moves from various teams in the NSWRL. Gold!!

Cheers,
Ben S.