What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foran also in demand

ozbash

Referee
Weeks after signing with the Warriors, Kieran Foran is reportedly eyeing a move to Brisbane for the 2018 NRL season.

The star five-eighth is yet to play his first game for his new club; however, he's rumoured to be already eyeing a move back to Australia next year.

Foran's management has contacted Brisbane several times to offer his services for 2018, Australia's Nine Network reported.

It's believed Foran's camp view master mentor Wayne Bennett as the ideal man to help the troubled superstar get his life back on track.

Brisbane's Courier Mail newspaper on Tuesday reported keen interest in Foran among Broncos greats.

Darren Lockyer, a member of the club's recruitment-and-retention committee, said: "Kieran is an international and a premiership-winning half. He's a class player.

"Beyond Ben (Hunt), there are options internally, but being such an important long-term position the club needs to make a good decision."

Kevin Walters, who helped the Broncos to five premierships, believed Foran would be a good choice.

"I don't think it would be a risky purchase — he would be a great signing," Walters told the Courier Mail.

"They would have to go through the checks and balances but the Broncos need someone to replace Ben Hunt.

"They need to replace Hunt with someone of high quality and they don't get much better than Kieran Foran.

Earlier this month, the husband of late sport journalist Rebecca Wilson, who died of cancer last year, revealed Foran sent abusive texts and made threatening phone calls to her in the final days of her life.

The potential move would suit the Broncos who are looking for a blue-chip playmaker to cover the departure of Ben Hunt.

Auckland-born Foran, who is on a one-year contract in New Zealand, has been cleared by the NRL to make his comeback for the Warriors in round three.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/8...n-reportedly-trying-to-court-brisbane-broncos

Rich102

Staff member
B.S.
Foran has split from his management, that is how Doyle got him.
From there on it is all how much the Bronco's would like him.
Trash journalism.

spear tackle

Juniors
I just heard on the radio news that none of its true , all being denied by everyone involved, read into that what you want I suppose.

WellsNZ

Juniors
A couple of weeks ago it was that he wanted to stay around, then it's that he's one foot out the door already, then it's all bullshit, it will drag on all year until he signs somewhere.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Tbh, if there is 1 thing Foran has demonstrated that past couple of years, it is that his word means very little, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are some legs to this. Would have thought Sydney so he could be back near his kids but Brisbane is closer than Auckland I suppose

Remember this is the same guy who needed an extended break from Rugby League and was then in talks with the Warriors within a month

shiznit

Coach
Tbh, if there is 1 thing Foran has demonstrated that past couple of years, it is that his word means very little, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are some legs to this. Would have thought Sydney so he could be back near his kids but Brisbane is closer than Auckland I suppose

Remember this is the same guy who needed an extended break from Rugby League and was then in talks with the Warriors within a month
Lmfao... sorry guys... I'm gonna go on a bit of a rant here...

f**king Manly fans who put the boot in to Foran are soooo full of shit...

yeah because your not influenced by his decision to leave Manly...

Funny how when DCE signed with GC Manly fans were dirty as hell on how he shopped himself around in th media and that Foran was the respectful one because he did it all behind closed doors...

Then when DCE backflips and stays at Manly and Foran announces he's going to Parra... Foran is now the disloyal one who doesn't keep his word...

It's so f**king full of shit...

I'm a Parra fan... and I have no issues with how he left Parra.

We released him... so he was entitled to sign with whoever he wanted.

We needed the cap space badly with the cap breaches so offloading Foran allowed us to pretty much alleviate that problem with one contract.

I'm the short term we are far worse for it... but the club as a whole is better for it in the long term.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Lmfao... sorry guys... I'm gonna go on a bit of a rant here...

f**king Manly fans who put the boot in to Foran are soooo full of shit...

yeah because your not influenced by his decision to leave Manly...

Funny how when DCE signed with GC Manly fans were dirty as hell on how he shopped himself around in th media and that Foran was the respectful one because he did it all behind closed doors...

Then when DCE backflips and stays at Manly and Foran announces he's going to Parra... Foran is now the disloyal one who doesn't keep his word...

It's so f**king full of shit...

I'm a Parra fan... and I have no issues with how he left Parra.

We released him... so he was entitled to sign with whoever he wanted.

We needed the cap space badly with the cap breaches so offloading Foran allowed us to pretty much alleviate that problem with one contract.

I'm the short term we are far worse for it... but the club as a whole is better for it in the long term.

Lol, nice rant, play it how you want, we were never going to keep both so at the end of the day, no matter how it came about, I was happy DCE was the one kept. You're doing some fairly large generalisations about an entire fan base there

Behind the scenes during that time there was a lot of murky stuff going on which Foran was involved in that led to all those dominos falling how they did

Tbh in this whole story I wouldn't trust the journos as much as I wouldn't trust Foran

Personally I hope Foran manages to get himself sorted, no matter what he will always be a manly premiership winner, gut feel is his best days are behind him now

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
This is to be expected when we signed him on a 1 year deal......

As long as we keep either Hingano or Foran beyond this year, I'm not too fussed. If anything, I'm leaning towards keeping Ata

Why?
Well if Foran is successful, then his price is going to sky rocket. There is an element of risk that is associated with Foran.

Ata, while unproven in NRL level, is young and has bags and bags full of potential.

Flip it round, and Foran is a proven star in NRL and Ata isn't.

It will be an interesting year this one, both on and off the field.
I'm just starting to get really excited about it

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I was happy DCE was the one kept.
Hasnt this guy taken a fall. Everythings still there but hes just not as effective as he was. I totally forgot about this guy.

Anyway, back to Foran. I knew he signed last year for $600k for a year and I also red about the issues with the transition. I also had a feeling that he might not play in the early rounds. All of the above can be seen in my last years post in the 'Foran is Coming' thread. I knew of the implications it would have on the club and players and in the end, what can you do other than to accept and hope for the best.

Last edited: