What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foran Is Coming

spear tackle

Juniors
The Rebecca Wilson abuse is really poor, pretty low shit

Just read about that in the Herald, oddly I cant find any more information on the net anywhere about it, what was supposed to have been said the reason behind it all, nothing .

Rich102

Staff member
There are numerous allegations of abuse surrounding sports people.
The fact the Wilson died soon after the alleged abuse, the fact she was a journalist and the fact that Foran was having "mental health" issues and was undergoing a crisis at the time all complicate the matter.
I am sure the NRL has taken this all into account.

At the end of the day do you want to encourage Foran back to health or punish him for what he may or may not have said to Wilson?
I think it is a matter best left closed.

JJ

Immortal
The woman was dying so perhaps the family had more important things to do than deal with it

If true and it seems it is, pretty disgraceful, regardless of what she might have written the woman was dying...

Meth

Staff member
Wilson kept the cancer pretty close to her chest. (no pun intended).

I doubt Foran knew she had cancer. She probably deserved some abuse considering all the shade she threw as a journalist.

spear tackle

Juniors
I just find it odd that something like that conveiniantly goes to print at this time with seemingly nothing to back it up.

JJ

Immortal
At the end of the day do you want to encourage Foran back to health or punish him for what he may or may not have said to Wilson?
I think it is a matter best left closed.
I don't know the answer to the first question to be honest. Clearly a fine player but there has been so much questionable behaviour (he's not alone so shouldn't be made an example of, there should be consistency but the better players seem to get away with a lot)

On the second, I disagree if the Wilson family want it out there it's entirely their call IMO

Iafeta

Referee
The woman was dying so perhaps the family had more important things to do than deal with it

If true and it seems it is, pretty disgraceful, regardless of what she might have written the woman was dying...

What makes you say "and it seems it is"? We have someone who made a career out of creating controversy, innuendo, hypocrisies and fallacies about the game, her husband who could have surely pursued this legally at the time if it's as he says it is but didn't, and some NRL advisor who has never heard or seen anything to do with the matter, and Foran. I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them, including Foran.

I would trust it if it was as Hartigan said and therefore pursued through judicial process.

In this case because of the notoriety of all involved I am going to go with innocent unless proven otherwise.

Iafeta

Referee
And if it's true,we don't know the context of the matter. Wilson wrote a lot of disgraceful, personal and often straight up incorrect tripe in her career. We have a habit as humans to remember fondly those who have passed and forget what they did and who they were, I'm sorry for her family she went through that awful disease and indeed passed, but I can't help thinking she was a bit of a schoolyard bully who believed what was good for the goose wasn't good for the gander.

That is not to say I'd condone it or endorse it if it happened, but there appears so much unsubstantiated innuendo at best here.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Trying to not get too excited about the Foran signing.
We had RTS and Luke come in, and we know what happened last year.

spear tackle

Juniors
Trying to not get too excited about the Foran signing.
We had RTS and Luke come in, and we know what happened last year.

Anything could happen, key players often go down injured, my worry is that in the past we have had some good signings to enhance the team and it seemed to be a signal for some to clock off and let them do all the work.

JJ

Immortal
And if it's true,we don't know the context of the matter. Wilson wrote a lot of disgraceful, personal and often straight up incorrect tripe in her career. We have a habit as humans to remember fondly those who have passed and forget what they did and who they were, I'm sorry for her family she went through that awful disease and indeed passed, but I can't help thinking she was a bit of a schoolyard bully who believed what was good for the goose wasn't good for the gander.

That is not to say I'd condone it or endorse it if it happened, but there appears so much unsubstantiated innuendo at best here.

Right, so she was a journalist who polarised people. yes agree, and agree that her stuff wasn't always palatable

But there's no excuse for abuse and harassment, if that's what happened. Guess I'm inclined (reasonably I think) to have doubt over Foran and accept (for now) that s recently bereaved husband would prioritise being with his dying wife over legal action and now perhaps hold a grudge

Anyway, as you say lots of innuendo etc, but Foran might well be a grade a f**ktard or just misunderstood, I reserve the right to not find him, Inglis, Bird, and many others endearing on the basis of what is out there.

Still a fine player

Meth

Staff member
Right, so she was a journalist who polarised people. yes agree, and agree that her stuff wasn't always palatable

But there's no excuse for abuse and harassment, if that's what happened. Guess I'm inclined (reasonably I think) to have doubt over Foran and accept (for now) that s recently bereaved husband would prioritise being with his dying wife over legal action and now perhaps hold a grudge

Anyway, as you say lots of innuendo etc, but Foran might well be a grade a f**ktard or just misunderstood, I reserve the right to not find him, Inglis, Bird, and many others endearing on the basis of what is out there.

Still a fine player

Can't really make any determinations either way yet.

JJ

Immortal
Can't really make any determinations either way yet.
No agreed, but there's been a lot of bad signs all around Foran for a long time

I hope he's past it all and in a better place. But I don't have to be a flag waving fan either

shiznit

Coach

Can you even confirm that Foran knew she was dying??

As far as I can see he bailed up a jurno for writing a hurtful article.

At least she had the chance to defend herself...

Something she sadly didn't afford to John Mannah.

JJ

Immortal
Can you even confirm that Foran knew she was dying??

As far as I can see he bailed up a jurno for writing a hurtful article.

At least she had the chance to defend herself...

Something she sadly didn't afford to John Mannah.

No, don't know that and yeah I get she's not a favourite nor always ethical herself

But sorry irrespective of all that we can't be abusing or threatening people

Anyway it's all academic now, and yet again we look potentially a top 4 team.

shiznit

Coach
No, don't know that and yeah I get she's not a favourite nor always ethical herself

But sorry irrespective of all that we can't be abusing or threatening people

Anyway it's all academic now, and yet again we look potentially a top 4 team.
You have a Jurno wanting to write a story based on a completely false rumour that one of your children are not yours.

Any normal person would be f**king furious and would give the Jurno a serve.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I never heard of Rebecca Wilson untill this thread and upon a google search I found that she died last year October.

We knew Foran was coming here around September last year. So; October, November, December, January...we hear nothing of a Rebecca Wilson and NOW that Foran has signed over to the Warrior, is it the NZ media? NO, the Aussie media bring this up. Wilsons husband knew Foran was heading over here, he knew that the NRL were working to get him back in the game.

The timing I tell ya...

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
You have a Jurno wanting to write a story based on a completely false rumour that one of your children are not yours.

Any normal person would be f**king furious and would give the Jurno a serve.
Wasn't aware of that story, I personally have no respect for journalists

shiznit

Coach
Wasn't aware of that story, I personally have no respect for journalists
Her muck raking ended up causing a Sydney Radio host to announce that on air... he ended up taking legal action and getting an apology from them but obviously it was too late to save the heartache and embarrassment for the family.

Latest posts