What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foran Is Coming

One Warrior

Bench
Will wait to see if Foran gets cleared to play before I get excited, if he is physically and mentally ready to play then he will definitely improve the side. Hingano will learn a lot and will be backup, Tui can either play right centre or left wing possibly.

spear tackle

Juniors
Didn't Doyle create the NRL integrity unit?
Wouldn't it be ironic if his own creation blocked him from signing up Foran.

JJ

Immortal
Don't see his creating it as relevant.

Foran hanging around (still) with characters that are lets say dubious, not showing anything proactive, and more or less saying the NRL I'll do whatever I want until you instruct me otherwise (then I wouldn't be surprised if he took legal action anyway) just doesn't sit well with me

The whole situation doesn't. He must have been in discussions with Doyle pretty quick - just all round I don't like it

JJ

Immortal
Agreed but that seems to be an issue, Foran is pretty much daring them to

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Yeah I think a lot of people have forgotten that before this year, Foran has been a model employee for the NRL off the field and a star on it. He's had a bad year with injuries, mental health and poor decisions in relation to who he associates with but jeeze, with some of the rejects that have contracts in the NRL your think he wouldn't have a problem

Rich102

Staff member
Kieran Foran might be coming to Auckland but there are several hurdles to overcome before he can take the field for the Warriors.

Individually, they are all significant matters. When combined, it emphasises the daunting task ahead.

Gaining his signature may have been a fillip for the franchise, but it is only the start of what might be a long, complicated process for both player and club.

Warriors managing director Jim Doyle has done his due diligence, and is obviously confident the path will be cleared, but there are a series of intangibles and unknowns.

The Herald on Sunday understands at least two clubs have already made representations to the NRL, concerned that a dangerous precedent will be set if Foran's contract is registered, given the circumstances of his exit from the game earlier this year and the ongoing issues that are being investigated by the integrity unit.

Australian media are also reporting that if Foran is not cleared to play by December, a clause inserted in the contract will allow the Warriors to void the deal.

And the player himself has a long way to go. Aside from his mental demons, how will he cope physically with the demands of pre-season and weekly games? Foran is coming off a serious shoulder injury which ended his season this year. It's unknown how much rehabilitation he has completed, although reports from Sydney indicate it hasn't been extensive.

Perhaps the most important element is Foran's willingness to embrace the new challenge and environment, his genuine desire to turn his life around. In that light, his ongoing association with controversial Sydney gambling identity Eddie Hayson is curious - the pair have been spotted together on several occasions over the last fortnight, including at race meetings.

"I'm continuing to be a friend and be mates until the NRL tell us, 'this is the drill'," Foran told the Sydney Morning Herald last week. As an unregistered player, Foran has the freedom to associate with anyone but it sends mixed signals.

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg confirmed today the process of registering Foran's contract - or not - was likely to be a protracted affair.

"We will want to be very sure he has overcome all of the issues which drove him out of the game in the first place and there are some other off-field matters that would need to be worked through before we would consider registering that contract," Greenberg told Australian media.

"I would love to see Kieran Foran back on the field but we also have a duty to ensure that, in the best interests of both the player and broader game, for him to return there are a number of things to be talked [about] and to be seen. We need to work through that process. I don't anticipate that will take a short period of time. I'd say it will take some time for us to be comfortable and we can make that decision on that contract."

The Foran situation also has a wider impact. Tui Lolohea's management will meet with the club in the coming days to discuss his future at Mt Smart, although Doyle said on Friday the 21-year-old is a big part of the long-term plans at Mt Smart.

- Herald on Sunday http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11716233

Agreed but that seems to be an issue, Foran is pretty much daring them to

f**k off if they block him he will have legal grounds on employment prejudice and have a strong case. Bloody Todd Greenberg would have no issue green lighting this if he had chosen the Bulldogs. They been investigating this shit for over a year and found jack shit. If we all got judged on our employment for hanging around dodgy people we all be in the dole queue. Just register him ffs and if their is proof he fixed a game then I'll understand the NRL stance to sack him. Until then though let the man get on with his life.

Big Marn

Juniors
Yeah I think a lot of people have forgotten that before this year, Foran has been a model employee for the NRL off the field and a star on it. He's had a bad year with injuries, mental health and poor decisions in relation to who he associates with but jeeze, with some of the rejects that have contracts in the NRL your think he wouldn't have a problem

how may chances did they give Todd Carney. You would think they would afford Foran the same tolerance

I wonder who the two clubs are?
Eels for sure.
But who is the second?
We have a president in Boyd being released by Knights on mental health grounds and signing with Bronocs a lot quicker than what Foran has.

If caught match fixing thats a different issue.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The more I read the less I like this - Foran's been a bit of a twat TBH, and continues to be - will the Integrity Unit actually sign off on it? People will say Doyle knows, but Foran's still hanging around this Hayson guy, and unrepentant

Also, dare I say it, the odd unexpected loss/or win fits easily in the Warriors MO

He will get cleared no dramas, can't see them doing otherwise

What you say about his character though is spot on, the myth about what a man of great integrity he is couldn't be further from the truth the past couple of years. He has treated 2 clubs disgracefully and I hope for your sake that you aren't the 3rd

JJ

Immortal

What you say about his character though is spot on, the myth about what a man of great integrity he is couldn't be further from the truth the past couple of years. He has treated 2 clubs disgracefully and I hope for your sake that you aren't the 3rd

The conclusion I've come to - his off field shit has been poor, and the way he treated the clubs pretty bad. Seems he was negotiating with the Warriors (and perhaps others pretty quickly)

Also the myth that he turned the Eels around - he barely played, Arthur and Beau Scott were much more key

You getting confused with that idiot DCE now there is the real myth and a guy that treats clubs disgracefully.

What Foran did with Sea Eagles was move on from there he did nothing wrong at all. He's entitled to join another club and he did so. Unlike that merkin DCE whom f**ked over the Titans with his BS.

Paramatta don't deserve any sympathy whatsoever. The man was under mental strain and required to get some needed help. If you still bitter about him moving on from your club then I guess you are right up there with DCE as merkin too.

The conclusion I've come to - his off field shit has been poor, and the way he treated the clubs pretty bad. Seems he was negotiating with the Warriors (and perhaps others pretty quickly)

Also the myth that he turned the Eels around - he barely played, Arthur and Beau Scott were much more key

Nobody including Foran himself said that he was the reason Eels turned themselves around. He actually credited and rightfully respects Brad Arthur a lot for it. Oh and you know he had a clause in his Eels contract if BA was to be sacked that he could cancel his contract right? He loves Brad Arthur and for him to come over to the Warriors would of been a bit harder for him to make than you are suggesting. You got examples that are way worse than Foran. Darius Boyd, Anthony Milford & Andrew Fifita. Now how you could compare Foran situation to these examples is beyond me.

how may chances did they give Todd Carney. You would think they would afford Foran the same tolerance

Exactly he has had no previous record of any issues on and off the field until his relationship breakdown. He is one of the guys the NRL should embrace because he is a good ambassador for our great sport and can turn it all around. Remember Brett Stewart incident in 2009 blown way out of proportion and he was the face of the NRL then. His comeback from that was top class and I believe Foran can do the same. Let's put all the hate away for the man who recently nearly took his own life. That is a state of mind I wouldn't wish even on my worst enemy.