What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foran Is Coming

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I dunno, for me it's about attitude...if you look at our best 3 games of the year, against the Broncos, Sharks and Titans and it's the effort that put us in the contest in those games
Yeah we've defintely seen enough from the boys this year to suggest that the personnel is good enough to foot it with the best of them. With the attitude problems, for me it seems to pop up when things arent going our way. The guys run out at the start with a great attitude, we might start great but then one error or one bullshit reffs call or didnt call and we dont seem to recover. Its like I heard in a movie - we seem to get stuck in quick sand and no matter what we do to bounce back, we seem to have a sinking attitude which isnt the showing of character of yesteryears "comeback king" Warriors. Its not every game, its in spurts and some times throughout a game.

Take the Manly game (I think it was our last one) where we started perfectly. We started the best Ive seen all year, Bellamy wouldve cried at the beauty of our set. THEN! we make one error and we play shit the whole game! Its like the boys just shut off to a Manly side who was inferior on paper but far more determined on the field.

Yep attitude is questionable at times.

Big Marn

Juniors
Yeah we've defintely seen enough from the boys this year to suggest that the personnel is good enough to foot it with the best of them. With the attitude problems, for me it seems to pop up when things arent going our way. The guys run out at the start with a great attitude, we might start great but then one error or one bullshit reffs call or didnt call and we dont seem to recover. Its like I heard in a movie - we seem to get stuck in quick sand and no matter what we do to bounce back, we seem to have a sinking attitude which isnt the showing of character of yesteryears "comeback king" Warriors. Its not every game, its in spurts and some times throughout a game.

Take the Manly game (I think it was our last one) where we started perfectly. We started the best Ive seen all year, Bellamy wouldve cried at the beauty of our set. THEN! we make one error and we play shit the whole game! Its like the boys just shut off to a Manly side who was inferior on paper but far more determined on the field.

Yep attitude is questionable at times.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
One surprising thing for me anyway is that this year and last year we seemed to have lost the ability to blow someone off the park. No matter how shit we were in past years we always had the "potential" to explode if it was "our day". Last game like that which I remember was when we put 50+ on the raiders in 2014 at home.

Nowadays we get a lead, let the opponent score a couple of times and then scrape home or get beaten.. Never look comfortable

jaseg

Juniors
Of course he's confident. For one thing, he built the committee that needs to give the all clear. He will understand exactly what is required - and which arms need twisting, if it was to come to that.

For another.. there are two ways the NRL could block this deal.

1) They decide Foran is on too little money. Given Corey Parker's recent admission regarding his salary (when he was reigning Dally M lock of the year he got a contract on not much over $200k), and Foran's dropped market value, this shouldn't be an issue.

2) 'Other' concerns - he hasn't even been charged with any offense, let alone found guilty.. the NRL would essentially be denying registration based on a mutually agreed release from Parramatta and mental health issues. Unless things change this would be inviting a multi-million dollar lawsuit from Foran based on loss of current direct and indirect income plus the potential damage to future incomes - after all, some stink just doesn't clear (ask Brett Stewart).

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
One surprising thing for me anyway is that this year and last year we seemed to have lost the ability to blow someone off the park. No matter how shit we were in past years we always had the "potential" to explode if it was "our day". Last game like that which I remember was when we put 50+ on the raiders in 2014 at home.

Nowadays we get a lead, let the opponent score a couple of times and then scrape home or get beaten.. Never look comfortable

Yep, this is one of my greatest bugbears. We used to absolutely smash teams at Mt Smart and they'd think f**k this, I don't want to come back to NZ where it's colder, often wet and we go from the hotel room in the middle of a sub-par CBD to an industrial area where we get smashed on field by the Warriors and off field by their rabid fans. Now we never do that. We kinda did it against an Origin-ravaged Broncos and against Newcastle (who cares) but the only other beltings at Mt Smart were against us.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Well if the Foran deal doesn't go through for some reason, there could be an All Black halfback looking for a new deal soon...

Well if the Foran deal doesn't go through for some reason, there could be an All Black halfback looking for a new deal soon...

Nah more $$$ in Europe Rugby or Japan. Would he even be good for our set up?

No way Foran deal will be blocked they(NRL) will be under-fire for prejudice (They have the best detectives on this case and haven't found shit)

ozbash

Referee

He'd go good alright.. he'll get the slap on the wrist from the nzrfu and that'll be it.

They ain't going to piss off the best halfback in the world.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
He'd go good alright.. he'll get the slap on the wrist from the nzrfu and that'll be it.

They ain't going to piss off the best halfback in the world.

Exactly, although I wouldn't call getting sent home from a tour a slap on the wrist. But he'll serve his month in the naughty corner and that'll be it. A cheeky root in the disabled toilet isn't exactly a hanging offence.

JJ

Immortal
Yeah they were unbeaten in 80 minutes of football for 10 weeks I saw the attitude and effort. Perhaps too much weed may caused that memory lapse?

They went well during origin period, that's a new one hurrah, never thought I'd see that. They put in effort yes, but did they actually beat anyone of note (who turned up and played anywhere near their best)

They went well during origin period, that's a new one hurrah, never thought I'd see that. They put in effort yes, but did they actually beat anyone of note (who turned up and played anywhere near their best)

I knew that Origin reply was gonna come but the fact of the matter was their attitude and defense. They really pushed each other in support and were amazing. I think the Origin excuse is a bit stale IMHO and not all the clubs we played in that period had many origin players or none at all that would make the slightest of a difference. Re-watch some of the games man it was pure heart even those close loses they were gold

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Yep there was definitely a period there mid-season where the Warriors were alive. We beat the Sharks on the field but not on the scoreboard. The Storm thrashing shocked us to the core but we recovered. Some of our fellow fans WON'T believe in our ability, some will and that's fine by me given our up and down performances through the year. Let's not forget Cappys "obstacles" (you know what I mean, we wrote a novel thread on it) selection/substitutions etc...so given Cappys gone now, the return of RTS, the Foran factor, Kearney and of course the GOOD grinding performances this year, I thinks there's a lot for the team to be excited about as well as us, both the pessimists and the optimistic.

JJ

Immortal
I knew that Origin reply was gonna come but the fact of the matter was their attitude and defense. They really pushed each other in support and were amazing. I think the Origin excuse is a bit stale IMHO and not all the clubs we played in that period had many origin players or none at all that would make the slightest of a difference. Re-watch some of the games man it was pure heart even those close loses they were gold

Fair enough - my take is it was pretty much a bog standard season - meh

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
My stance was always that rounds 20-26 would be where I judged us because that's been the area we've really fallen apart in recent seasons. We fell apart again, and therefore I remain unconvinced.

Ability isn't the issue, mental strength, footy smarts, and will power are what we've lacked in recent years. Those things are much much harder to teach.

Latest posts