What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ford. Why can't they sell cars?

Lambretta

First Grade
I was in the market for a new car a while back & having an affinity for Ford wanted to buy an XR8. One look at the interior was enough to scare me off. Very little difference to the base Falcon. Sure, Ford were closing down manufacturing but at least make an effort to provide some lasting impact on your top of the range car to give your customers hope that you have an eye to the future.

Fords interiors have always been a bit hit and miss and like Space Monkey said thats where people spend their time so they should pay it more attention.

Go back to back Golf and Focus and you would swear they were in different price brackets completely. VW just make their cars feel special inside

I have an XR5 and its a mish mash of wonderful leather, nice plastics and few too many cheap plastics. Its a top spec car so you would expect it to feel a little more premium.

The wife has a Kuga Trend which is a mid spec car. Again some of the plastics are a bit meh, but largely they are soft touch and decent quality. The steering wheel should be leather wrapped but they went with plastic / rubber and on first drive I didn't like it but having lived with it, I really like it. But if I had been test driving I would have thought twice about buying it.

But with $10k off the sticker price for a nearly brand new 2 litre turbo SUV I let my wallet win that one

beave

Coach
I have a 2013 WRX premium (last of the previous shape).The interior is pretty bland and the tech on the dash has nothing on the current ones......but I’m normally looking through the windscreen hanging on for dear life as I’m fanging around the joint to honestly care.

The most fun car I’ve ever owned including Commodores and Falcons. These things own in the wet and handling. Especially once you put a stiffer swaybar in the rear.

Last edited:
I have a 2013 WRX premium (last of the previous shape).The interior is pretty bland and the tech on the dash has nothing on the current ones......but I’m normally looking through the windscreen hanging on for dear life as I’m fanging around the joint to honestly care.

The most fun car I’ve ever owned including Commodores and Falcons. These things own in the wet and handling. Especially once you put a stiffer swaybar in the rear.
Still a girlie car

Men can't fit in such things

Lambretta

First Grade
Ford have started advertising their 5 year warranty.

To be honest this is long overdue.
Australians seem to value practicality over driving enjoyment at this price point.

If people have a poor opinion of their quality (as they appear to), Ford needs to back themselves and make it known its a safe value proposition

I've made a decision after a regrettable year or so of Mazda-Ford Ranger50 ownership that I'll buy a car I enjoy driving at any price point I can comfortably afford

I'm not going to over stretch myself but I'll still love the car

I despised that ranger, it looked a little badass(PK rwd duel cab) but the car was a f**king bore, the one thing it ever had going for it was it was tough as nails

Broncoandy

Juniors
I’ve had an XW, XY, XB,XC, XD, XE & now own an XY Fairmont & an FG GT with an insane amount of HP. Great cars, all of them. Once you go Ford you never go back.

TheFrog

Coach
Great car indeed. I own my car though so not looking to get into debt again by getting another car
Purchasing depreciating assets using borrowed money is a guaranteed way of ensuring that your hard work only makes others wealthy.