What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

forevermakingthreadafterthread

IF THE CLUBS AND PLAYERS CAN BE FINED SO SHOULD THE NRL AND THE REF BOSS AND THE REFS BE FINED TOO

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
@sensesmaybenumbed id like to know what you think on this incredibly fresh and not at all rehashed thread!

Maurice-Moss-Eating-Popcorn-The-IT-Crowd.gif

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Shadow having a quiet coffee in the back ground as he watches RABBIT TOES dance around in his bunny suit after i told him that he is a DONT KNOWER....Shadow..
tumblr_mrhu1tLUCJ1sqqvimo1_r2_400.gif

souths_reborn

Juniors
I wrote a post on this a while ago so I'm not going to go into too much detail; I'll stick to summing up our predicament with a few key points:
  1. We were never as good as we thought/think we are/were - You have to remember that in the regular season we still lost 9 games. Many people seem to forget that at the start of the season we lost 3-4 games in a row against mediocre opposition i.e. the raiders, tigers etc. The reason we were talked up was because we were a young side that had won a premiership and was supposedly going to get better. That brings me to point no. 2...
  2. Players being out of form and not living up to their potential. I think its fair to say that the likes of the Burgess twins, Greg Inglis, David Tyrell, Dylan Walker and at times Adam Reynolds haven't lived up to the form that they showed that made them stars or have performed sporadically.
  3. Players leaving. Immediately after the grand final we lost our two best forwards in Sam Burgess and Ben Teo. For a team that bases its style around powerful forward play those losses were monumental. In the following years we have lost the likes of Isaac Luke, Luke Keary, Dylan Walker, Kirisome Auva'a and Lote Tuqiri. Hence, following our premiership win our team was broken up relatively quickly meaning that we had to rebuild right from the onset.
  4. Young players. In order to replace the players that had moved on, we turned to younger or inexperienced players, such as Aaron Gray, Hymel Hunt, Angus Crichton, Cody Walker, Zane Musgrove just to name a few. Unfortunately, the downside to fielding young or inexperienced players is that they are going to make mistakes and have off days. Its only natural as these players are still learning their trade. In saying that, I think the club has made a wise move in investing in highly promising raw talent as opposed to buying experienced mediocrity.
These are only some of the reasons why we haven't been the force we once were. Many people will probably think of a host of other valid reasons but these are the factors that spring to mind immediately.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
To add to my previous post,I don't think that other premiership winning teams would have as many players as ours running around at other clubs as is the case now.
Walker,McQueen,Keary,Koroisau and Auva'a have all moved on and Luke who would of been in the team has also.
I would like to add that other members of that team,Clark,Tyrrell and Turner though great club men hardly strike fear into opposition forward packs and to have all 3 in a team is a liability in today's game.
So yes as stated by other's,our recruitment does in fact SUCK!!!
So Richo,pull your bloody finger out mate!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
To add to my previous post,I don't think that other premiership winning teams would have as many players as ours running around at other clubs as is the case now.
Walker,McQueen,Keary,Koroisau and Auva'a have all moved on and Luke who would of been in the team has also.
I would like to add that other members of that team,Clark,Tyrrell and Turner though great club men hardly strike fear into opposition forward packs and to have all 3 in a team is a liability in today's game.
So yes as stated by other's,our recruitment does in fact SUCK!!!
So Richo,pull your bloody finger out mate!!!
But but Tyrrell, Kelly, Clark are all good say the don't knowers who want to stick with mediocrity.............

Galeforce

Bench
Serious questions need to be asked after 2014 to why we could not keep our core group of players?and why we could not keep rebuilding our team after 2014?

Why does the broncos,storm and the cowboys seem to keep a stable top 8 team each year, and buy top line players when needed year in and year out?

Why or should i say how could our management after 2014 have us in such a mess today?

What has rusty been doing after 2014 to now have us in this ghastly predicament after our great grand final win in 2014?

As a fan/member of (7 decades) i am gutted by rusty and also by the souths poor management skills after 2014 you all need to take a hard look in the mirror of shame.....!

Shadow.....SSTID....

Why do you ask a serious question and then before any responses
you BLAME Rusty.

Consider you name Broncos , Storm , Cowboys.

What have they in common?

1) ONE TOWN teams - one reason for starters , and you can figure out this advantage yourself , which include
a) Cows and Broncos have a large base of young players/teams to filter from
b) Storm - have a Excellent ability to identify young talent and get them into their system -- this we could learn from
c) all three have a cheaper cost of living then Sydney , so provide additional financial incentive which does not impact salary cap.

We are one of the bunch in Sydney , high costs and no location advantage. Even Panthers have lower cost of living at the foot of the blue mountains.

2) Smart Players
Cows have had JT consistently over the period you are thinking
Storm have had the big 3 , throughout the period you are thinking
They have gone for the best young talent , landed them and kept them. ALL SMART players who lead the team.
Broncos , have Boyd and Thaiday and went after a young Milford

WE never really had smart players , our smartest most likely Teo and KEary and Peats. all gone

3) Injuries
Cows have been lucky with JT
Storm have been lucky with their big three ,, with at least 2 always available and Smith , cannot remember him getting injured.

WE have been impacted by either Reynolds being injured , GI , George and Sam at various parts of the last two seasons.

Be thankful we won 2014. Now the question is how long before they can rebuild the team and importantly get a couple of smart young players to either come through our system or we land some future stars. e.g. like Knights going hard for rookie Ponga, Titans landing rookie Ash Taylor, Sharks going hard for Rookie Bird.

As for Rusty ,
Blame Rusty for not moving the team to lower cost location.......like Gosford or Perth.
Not sure you can blame Rusty for injuries to key players or the iq of players that won us one premiership

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
good post...............rusty has a 37.5% share of souths id say he has put the same percentage into over seeing how the clubs recruitment woes from the end of 2014 up until today so id suggest crowe needs to get off his back side because our recruitment from the end of 2014 till today is a FUGGING JOKE AND HAS BEEN IRRESPONSIBLE TO ITS SPONSORS FANS/MEMBERS AND OUR CLUB!!!! id suggest crowe and if packer is still around?they both need to get their head into the recruitment players side of things because most of our current 32 man squad are failing to meet the 1st grade standard level as a rugby league player in the nrl .!.....SHADOW...

themacemaceman

Juniors
It wasn't a case of us not choosing to retain Sam or Teo after 2014.
Sam made his intentions clear to try rugby at the start of the season.
As for Teo he signed for rugby in August and we were not exactly favourites for the title at that point. I think after the allegations against Teo earlier on that season he'd had enough and just wanted to play footy out of the spotlight. So I'm not sure we could have "kept him at all costs".
We had Isaac for another year.Isaacs career had peaked. I think he's on the slide. He certainly isn't playing the same football at the warriors he was in his prime for us. We believed we had a suitable replacement in McInnes coming through the ranks.
We kept Inglis and Reynolds . We still had Keary but he didn't seem to be the player he was in 2014. Most punters on here were happy to let him go and give Cody the job On less money.
McQueen and walker were losses I believe that we could have done something about.

Even the teams that do keep there squad together it doesn't mean premiership success.
I think the cowboys retained all there starting GF team and they didn't make the grand final the following year.
The stars need to align!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Oi Shadow sack the duds 19 of em. Plus Sutto, Goodwin and Farah should retire.

Sweep em out: Oi R20 sack the (17) duds.Plus Sutto, Goodwin and Farah should retire.

George (we have to keep george burgess)
Tom (we have to keep thomas burgess)
Burns
Cherrington
Clark
Deitz
Goodwin (unfortunately he's getting old and his body is giving in)
Farah (too old and past it)
Gosiewski
Gray
Greinke
Jennings
Kelly
Moceidreke
Nielsen
Reynolds (we have to keep reynolds)
Rochow
Rudolf
Sutton (unfortunately he's getting old and his body is giving in)
Talakai
Tyrrell
Turner

Shadow...

Rabbits20

Immortal
Answer is salary cap and Sam Burgess
Don't start on the Sam Burgess thing again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had to bring Sammy back. Blind Freddy can see that.

Stewart and Grant weren't losses for Sam.

Dylan got moved on my John Lee.

We made the mistake in keeping Turner over McQueen.

Without Sam this season we'd be wooden spooners!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts