What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

forevermakingthreadafterthread

IF THE CLUBS AND PLAYERS CAN BE FINED SO SHOULD THE NRL AND THE REF BOSS AND THE REFS BE FINED TOO

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiegoNT

First Grade
i agree but it could work better if carter starts the game at dummy half and cook comes on after 25-30 mins. if 2 dummy halves are used, the one who starts will probably be expected to play some second row during the game too, and carter is better in the second row than mcinnes imo

Mcinnes is a better lock than Carter is a hooker.
Carter doesnt have that great a pass from dummy half, in his limited time at hooker last year he was enthusiatic, but a lot of his passes where to high or to low.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Carter should only be used at hooker if one of McInnes or Cook are injured. He's much better in the back row and is a fill in at best at dummy half.

The reason we have two hookers is not only for depth but also so they get the best out of each other.

I'm sure not that long ago you were posting that you were not convinced about Cook and pointing out why did people think he was a gun when he had only played a few games in the top grade and that as it was Mcinnes was going to be the man for the no9 jersey
Either that or my brain is failing terribly???
Anyone remember who it was ??

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
as doyen said ive only backed cook....i suggested a back on the bench rather than mcinnes on the bench we all know mcinnes will be the no9 in the 1st half then cook will come on later in rd1.....my true bench player rather than mcinnes would be carter even though he is not a genuine back!and i stand by that without changing my mind..

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
1.inglis
2.aj
3.goodwin
4.auvaá
5.oldfield
6.keary
7.reynolds (shadows team)
8.gburg
9.cook
10.tyrrell
11.turner
12.sutton
13.sburg bench:14 tburg 15 grevs 16 clark 17 carter

1. inglis
2. aj
3.goodwin
4.auvaá
5.gray
6.keary
7.reynolds (madge's team)
8.gburg
9.mcinnes
10.tyrrell
11.turner
12.sutton
13.sburg bench: 14 tburg 15 grevs 16 clark 17 cook

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Let’s take a walk down
Fair Dinkum Avenue

Is the off-field tension at the club going to derail South Sydney’s campaign or will Michael Maguire reunite his troops?
rabbitohs-samBurgess.jpg
Best signing

Sam Burgess’ return is a huge boost to the club's premiership aspirations, but his arrival has forced the club to shed plenty of talent.

Biggest loss

Dylan Walker’s move to Manly is going to haunt South Sydney for the next decade. He is one of the most exciting players in the competition who will be sorely missed.
rabbitohs-codyWalker.jpg
Secret star

Cody Walker. He is no spring chicken but the 25-year-old playmaker will get his first crack at the NRL in round one in Luke Keary’s absence.

Clipboard holder

There’s no doubting Michael Maguire’s coaching ability but it’s his aggressive style which is raising eyebrows. His biggest test will be ensuring he has a happy camp.
What’s the talk in the sheds and stand?

Will Sam Burgess return the same player he was before his stint in rugby union? And will this be Luke Keary's last year at the club?
The Herald’s experts predict
5th

Rabbits20

Immortal
if we had dylan back we would be top 6 for sure but without dylan we have been accredited on 8th spot this year by matty johns

Overall the so called experts or whatever they're called on the official NRL website, 8 of them have their ladder.

After combining all 8 views Souths are 8th on their ladder from those so called experts.

I have predicted 7th:) obviously I want higher than that!!!!

Rsag85

Bench
There will be changes during the end of the year with the make up of the side from round 1.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm sure maguire knows what he's doing.
Cam can put bigger forwards on their backs, cook can't, mcinnes is great at winning the wrestle and forcing slow play the balls, cook struggles in that department. Cam had an effective flat ball in the smith style. While cook is fast, it doesn't mean mcinnes is slow. Segaryo is faster then cam smith out of dummy half, that alone doesn't make him a better player. Mcinnes is probably as fast if not faster then guys like smith, both friends, ballin, mcollough or Ennis. Mcinnes also has the ability to play lock. With the reduced interchange coming into effect, smaller defensive locks in the dallas johnson/ash harrison mould may make a comeback. With the reduced interchange having an electric hooker come on fresh at the 25-30 minute mark to take advantage of tired forwards may be master stroke that other coaches wouldn't be able to achieve because they don't have the players with cooks and mcinnes ability. Mcinnes to start and lay a foundation, cook to capitalise on that then mcinnes to come back on later in the game as a back rower.

Without a cook or mcinnes on the bench the spot gets used by an extra forward, the days of outside backs on the bench are getting rarer and rarer

You make very good points Diego.

I agree with it all except one little thing. I reckon Jake Friend is a lot faster than McInnes. Just my opinion though.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hey shadow havent you heard the news? Olive is gonsky gone to titans he signed last year to start there 2017 so seeing his lack of respect for us we released him today good ridance

Couldn't have put it better.

Good he's gone and good riddance.

Goolagong will be ready I reckon for 2017.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'm sure not that long ago you were posting that you were not convinced about Cook and pointing out why did people think he was a gun when he had only played a few games in the top grade and that as it was Mcinnes was going to be the man for the no9 jersey
Either that or my brain is failing terribly???
Anyone remember who it was ??

That was Doyen.

Rsag85

Bench
Hey shadow havent you heard the news? Olive is gonsky gone to titans he signed last year to start there 2017 so seeing his lack of respect for us we released him today good ridance

Olive was released a few days ago not today.

Goodwin also asked for a release to join the Titans on a bigger deal, so was he showing lack of respect as well Handyman2190?

Status
Not open for further replies.