What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Pomoz

Bench
We win against shit teams its impressive.
Tigers beat Storm twice in 5 weeks and the excuses flow as to why its not impressive.

We have 1 win against them in more than a decade. Under Ivan Cleary. Maybe. Kust maybe hes a decent coach. How many coaches have a better record against Bellamy?
Why do
Finding a way to win tough games is a bad quality for a team to have.
I believe you said that about us in the Eels game thread. At least you are consistent.

franklin2323

Immortal
It’s a pointless stat.. for instance.. the storm is currently not a top 4 team, so any win against them wouldn’t count, even though they are definitely a top 4 team.. so I say again, it’s a pointless stat.

I have said the same thing for awhile now. Like when Parra beat a Storm team minus their 6 SOO reps last year... Not a true reflection come end of the year in all cases. Nothing more than a guide really...

Luke Bowden

First Grade
FFS, it's basic shit: if they are in the top 4 at the end of the season, they are a top 4 team, and thus any win against them will count as such. If they don't, it won't. Technically, we haven't beaten any top 4 teams this season by your metric, but most people with the ability to comprehend simple principles would not make that claim.

As I said it’s a Pointless a stat.

franklin2323

Immortal
As I said it’s a Pointless a stat.

Ricky Stuart has won a comp. Would anyone have him here?

Useless coaches like him have won comps. Meanwhile someone like Geoff Toovey who is far better ( then most current coaches in the comp) haven't.

Luck with injury over the 30 weeks of the comp has more say than coaching stats

Abacus

Juniors
Loving the salty merkins on here. Club is 4 from 5 to start the season - the club's best start since 2004.

Salty merkins want to deride wins - when the f**k did we get so choosy? It wasn't that long ago we would take whatever win we could get.As they say, you can only beat whats in front of you.

Unfortunately for the salty merkins, coaches are judged on results. Finals past 2 seasons, 4 from 5 to start 2018. Sorry salty merkins, I don't think Hook is going anywhere.

Salty merkins.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Beating top 4 teams is an important step in winning a premiership.

If you cant beat them you're not a premiership threat

It’s pointless because of the way the “Stat” is collected.

Your 8% means jack shit, we could beat the dragons now and if they finish outside the top four, Hook hasn’t beaten a top 4 side, even though, at the time, they were the best side in the comp.

Stop worrying about what he’s done in the past and look at what is happening now.

mxlegend99

Referee
It’s pointless because of the way the “Stat” is collected.

Your 8% means jack shit, we could beat the dragons now and if they finish outside the top four, Hook hasn’t beaten a top 4 side, even though, at the time, they were the best side in the comp.

Stop worrying about what he’s done in the past and look at what is happening now.
We're beating teams who everyone is beating... except Bulldogs we are the only team they have beaten.

We havent faced a decent team yet. But somehow scraping in wins over shit teams in shit form is impressive.

We should be 5 from 5 based on the quality of teams we've played.

unKwn

Juniors
We're beating teams who everyone is beating... except Bulldogs we are the only team they have beaten.

We havent faced a decent team yet. But somehow scraping in wins over shit teams in shit form is impressive.

soooooo what do you want us to do, lose those easy games? cos right now it sounds like you're not happy with winning them. how about just be happy for once. there is literally nothing better we can do. I don't understand your frustration 5 rounds in. we can only play the teams that we have Infront of us.

OldPanther

Coach

I am looking forward to us playing Tigers/Dragons/Warriors but we don't chose the draw. I prefer being top 4 than bottom like the teams we are beating. I maintain the reason we lost to dogs was Cleary being injured as well.

mxlegend99

Referee
soooooo what do you want us to do, lose those easy games? cos right now it sounds like you're not happy with winning them. how about just be happy for once. there is literally nothing better we can do. I don't understand your frustration 5 rounds in. we can only play the teams that we have Infront of us.
Where did I say I wanted us to lose them?

People are talking up these wins as something special and as if it proves the Hook doubters wrong.

Look at the ladder though. We've defeated 10th, 14th, and 16th twice. We lost to 15th. Same quality teams we beat last year.

Outside of the Cowboys we've barely been better than these shit teams. The same people talking our wins up are the ones shit talking the Tigers who have scalped some massive teams with a roster who we wouldn't let wear our reserve grade jersey.

Im happy with where we sit on the ladder. But weve played one good game this year.

mxlegend99

Referee
I am looking forward to us playing Tigers/Dragons/Warriors but we don't chose the draw. I prefer being top 4 than bottom like the teams we are beating. I maintain the reason we lost to dogs was Cleary being injured as well.
Im not... Tigers we can beat but ln current form Warriors and Dragons are a hell of a lot better than us. Hopefully we get better and they get worse.

OldPanther

Coach
Im not... Tigers we can beat but ln current form Warriors and Dragons are a hell of a lot better than us. Hopefully we get better and they get worse.

I'd rather not have to depend on teams turning to shit. I think our current defence would be a shock to those teams. We are getting up quickly and shutting down playmakers. We'd be a massive threat though we need Cleary back.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

The cowboys aren’t a decent team?? Have a look at their roster... going by your logic, the Melbourne Storm and Cronulla aren’t decent teams either.

And you accuse me of being on drugs.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Speaking of Stats! How bloody bad was RCG on the weekend! He only ran for 68metres!!, which I’m reliably informed is how you judge a front rowers performance... what a plodder!! I hope he gets a rev up at training! :thinking::thinking::thinking:

mxlegend99

Referee
The cowboys aren’t a decent team?? Have a look at their roster... going by your logic, the Melbourne Storm and Cronulla aren’t decent teams either.

And you accuse me of being on drugs.
Cowboys have won 1 from 5 games. Their one win was over the Sharks who have been shit.

Cowboys are shaping up to be this seasons biggest flop. Everyone (myself invluded) thought adding Thurston and Scott back to a grand final squad they would only get better. But they have been shit.

Good players can turn to shit easily. And as they get older that happens more regularly.

Latest posts