What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

age.s

First Grade
Maybe. I think Morgan deserves his share of the rap too. He's been pretty ordinary as well.

They looked much better last night with him at Fullback tbf. Maybe that's the combo.

mxlegend99

Referee
Maybe. I think Morgan deserves his share of the rap too. He's been pretty ordinary as well.

They looked much better last night with him at Fullback tbf. Maybe that's the combo.
Coach needs to take the bulk of the blame.

He has a side that was good enough to make a grand final boosted by one of the best ever halves and a great prop.

They're playing like shit though. Yeah they overachieved last year. Bit of luck was involved. But they still have a top 4 quality roster.

OldPanther

Coach
Coach needs to take the bulk of the blame.

He has a side that was good enough to make a grand final boosted by one of the best ever halves and a great prop.

They're playing like shit though. Yeah they overachieved last year. Bit of luck was involved. But they still have a top 4 quality roster.

That's gotta be a huge mark against him as a coach. They might come good but that roster is pretty damn good.

franklin2323

Immortal
That's gotta be a huge mark against him as a coach. They might come good but that roster is pretty damn good.

The roster is past it. Green's problem is he has no faith in the kids coming through and is expecting the old guys to come good. They need speed out wide and a good impact prop. Them making a play for Mybe is a good 1st move

mxlegend99

Referee
Before this season he would have been probably second only to Bellamy on any teams wishlist for a coach.

Hard to say exactly what's wrong up there. He's a proven coach. His roster is proven. They have a stronger roster this year. There's no reason they shouldn't be well inside the top 8.

OldPanther

Coach
The roster is past it. Green's problem is he has no faith in the kids coming through and is expecting the old guys to come good. They need speed out wide and a good impact prop. Them making a play for Mybe is a good 1st move

This is a good point. Storm manage this really well.

franklin2323

Immortal
This is a good point. Storm manage this really well.

It is part of the drop after the comp is won and yep. Storm wouldn't of re-signed plenty of the team. Even allowing for Ponga going Clifford, Tuala and a few other kids would be in the 17 to keep them up the top

Kilkenny

Coach
Arrived back from short trip to Melbourne at Sydney Airport this afternoon. Gold Coast Titans in arrivals Terminal at same time. Interesting to see Bryce walking through Terminal by himself whereas most of squad were walking together in groups talking as they walked. Probably nothing as he was carrying pump water bottle and sandwich or something so had obviously just purchased hence why he was by himself. But just interesting to see.

franklin2323

Immortal
Latu on $500k? I'm sorry I don't believe it. He would be on about half that, surely.

People believe rumoured figures more then they should. We know he is on atleast $300k to match get Maloney to come here. I doubt much more then that

TheFrog

Coach
The other thing in the article is that the Broncos chose Jack Bird when Maloney and Cronk were both available. The truth is neither were available when they signed Bird, which was during the latter part of last season. Cronk left the Storm to come to Sydney, not Brisbane, to marry his fiancee. Maloney was only released as part of a player trade, long after Bird was tied up. Lot of shite in this article.

mxlegend99

Referee
Latu on $500k? I'm sorry I don't believe it. He would be on about half that, surely.
He was on between $300k to $400k with us. He was in terrific form when we re-signed him and he had clubs lining up for him.

Titans matched our contract. But thats still well short of $500k. And based on his form this year and last anything over $150k is a bad investment.

The main job of a front rower is to run the ball hard straight up the middle of the field. He thinks hes a halfback who should be jogging across the line trying to put others through a hole.

Maybe if Hook and Brennan moved him to 6 instead of Carty both would be better off.

mxlegend99

Referee
The other thing in the article is that the Broncos chose Jack Bird when Maloney and Cronk were both available. The truth is neither were available when they signed Bird, which was during the latter part of last season. Cronk left the Storm to come to Sydney, not Brisbane, to marry his fiancee. Maloney was only released as part of a player trade, long after Bird was tied up. Lot of shite in this article.
Thr msin reason hes a dud is because he's not delivering what a bloke on that wage should be.

The more a player earns. The higher thr expectations are. Hes a $1m players and if he were on $200k he would still be a shit investment so far. The contract just makes it worse.

Honestly they could have kept Hunt for that.

TheFrog

Coach
Honestly they could have kept Hunt for that.
Hunt appears to have done his dash with the master coach during golden point in the 2015 GF. Bennett appears at this point to have made a major error in judgement of cattle. Even the best judges make errors, and I'm not sure Bennett is among the best judges of cattle. He's more a tactician and motivator.

mxlegend99

Referee
[.
Hunt appears to have done his dash with the master coach during golden point in the 2015 GF. Bennett appears at this point to have made a major error in judgement of cattle. Even the best judges make errors, and I'm not sure Bennett is among the best judges of cattle. He's more a tactician and motivator.
The worst part is their error completely changed the asking price and what was viewed as acceptable to pay for halves.

Broncos keep him and halves might not be getting $800k for 4 good games.

Latest posts