What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

mxlegend99

Referee
I think Moylan was a 7/10 tonight. Tried his best. Saved a few tries. Created a few chances. Made a couple of poor plays too.

Honestly Sharks were outplayed across the park though. The experienced forwards in Gsl, Fifita, Graham and Paulo made mistakes ir gave away ridiculous penalties that cost them a chance.

Paulo did 2 in like 2 minutes. I dont miss him.

I think Moylan was a 7/10 tonight. Tried his best. Saved a few tries. Created a few chances. Made a couple of poor plays too.

Honestly Sharks were outplayed across the park though. The experienced forwards in Gsl, Fifita, Graham and Paulo made mistakes ir gave away ridiculous penalties that cost them a chance.

Paulo did 2 in like 2 minutes. I dont miss him.

Apparently the Sharks are trying to re-sign Paulo

mxlegend99

Referee
Moylan went well again. Only so much a half can do when your pack serves up that pissweak shit
Yeah not only were the Souths pack rolling up field with ease. The senior players especially kept making mistakes and f**king attacking opportunities.

Souths have improved massively since early rounds though. A rematch between us would be interesting. We both were pretty average at the start of the year. Now we have the 2 form packs. Just edging out Dragons and Sharks packs who were outclassed by us/Souths.

martielang

Bench
Gees what were the odds of MX, Umina & Oldpanther all jumping to Moylans defence...

I loaded up on the trifecta. Cha Ching.

OldPanther

Coach
Gees what were the odds of MX, Umina & Oldpanther all jumping to Moylans defence...

I loaded up on the trifecta. Cha Ching.

Because I watched the game. Do you think losing teams can't have good players? I'd argue Yeo hasn't ever had a bad game for us (maybe allowing one or two) even though we don't always win. RCG was man of the match in our loss to the Broncos in last years finals match.

Last night the Sharks were let down by their forwards. I was genuinely angry at Fifita for looking like a nothing player after hearing all week that he's suppose to be the best prop in the game.

OldPanther

Coach
A halves job is to create tries. They scored 2 while he was in the bin. Souths smashed them in every way possible granted but the halves have to take some blame

It was said before the game he was leading the comp in line break assists. He's doing his job. Also see my previous comment.

Because I watched the game. Do you think losing teams can't have good players? I'd argue Yeo hasn't ever had a bad game for us (maybe allowing one or two) even though we don't always win. RCG was man of the match in our loss to the Broncos in last years finals match.

Last night the Sharks were let down by their forwards. I was genuinely angry at Fifita for looking like a nothing player after hearing all week that he's suppose to be the best prop in the game.

OldPanther

Coach
So in r/nrl where people are less bias getting the same sort of responses:

Some sharks fans didn't think so. But he was pretty good in my eyes, and a genuine threat when he had the ball.

Also pretty good looking in my wife's eyes, so a genuine threat even without the ball :|

mxlegend99

Referee
A halves job is to create tries. They scored 2 while he was in the bin. Souths smashed them in every way possible granted but the halves have to take some blame
They scored them while Souths had a player in the bin. There was more space and Souths relentless defence eased up.

He forced a line drop out chasing his own kick. He saved 2 certain tries atleast. Whilr jis teammates let guys run across the line he went out and tackled thrm he gave guys plenty of chances that they couldn't capitalize on.

mxlegend99

Referee
So in r/nrl where people are less bias getting the same sort of responses:

Some sharks fans didn't think so. But he was pretty good in my eyes, and a genuine threat when he had the ball.

Also pretty good looking in my wife's eyes, so a genuine threat even without the ball :|
He certainly wadnt as good as last week. But in a shit side he can atleast hold his head high having done everything he could.

Apparently without a try assist you played shit in the halves. Yet that same rule doesn't apply to Maloney.

mxlegend99

Referee
Honestly, are we better off with or without Moylan?

Our position on the ladder suggests that we're handling being Moylan-less alright.
For now we are most likely better off. Atleast after half a season. But why can only one of Moylan or Maloney be a success or playing well?

Both are playing well. Both have given their teams plenty of reason to be optimistic about their signing.

Amazing that last night there was Moylan, Lewis, Segeyaro, Graham, Paulo, Rennings and Burns as former Panthers in a single game. Yet all anyone wants to do is focus on the best performing of those and call him shit.

Actually Rennings was pretty good too. He has been terrific this year.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Read the Maloney thread. Early on he was getting the same stuff said.

Most people said he played well v the Knight but needed to back it up. A simple read in the gameday thread and sharks section most don't think that he did. So it is hardly just us saying it

mxlegend99

Referee
Read the Maloney thread. Early on he was getting the same stuff said.

Most people said he played well v the Knight but needed to back it up. A simple read in the gameday thread and sharks section most don't think that he did. So it is hardly just us saying it
Maloney was average before Cleary was injured. He difnt know his role in the team.

In that same game day thread other fans think he was one of only a couple to play well. Him and Lee.

Saving a couple of tries. Forcing a linedrop out (both from his kick and his tackle). Backing Segs up on a break. He was bailing his team out when they were getting pumped. But hey no try assist means he played shit.

Nevermind the half chances he created and his team couldn't capatalize on. He didn't have a try assist. Even if he does all the right stuff... its up to the person being setup to capitalize on it. I missed all the people bagging Maloney last week when he had no try assists.

Edit
Dont take this as people saying he was the best on ground or anything. He was just one of the Sharks better players. Souths basically across the park were better in almost everyway.

Burgess boys are back near their best after sucking for a couple of seasons.

Last edited:

Latest posts