What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

mxlegend99

Referee
I understand you are obviously disappointed we won the game today and the Sharks lost.

Yes Maloney is still not at his best but even allowing for the fact he was apparently terrible, according to you, when we needed him the most he delivered and contributed to us securing an invaluable two points.

I watched the Sharks v Sea Eagles game before going to our game and frankly other than his great try Moylan was no where to be seen when the Sharks needed him the most.

I am sorry for you pain but despite the fact it wasn't the performance we were all hoping for, we got the two points and even if it is just me I am rapt with another comeback win.
Get your hand off it.

Im damn glad Panthers won. Its just hilarious how quickly people stick the boot into Moylan while giving Jimmy a pass for the exact same shit.

Neither of them played well today. Both had a good moment or two. But both were nowhere near their best. As i mentioned in the post you quoted. Not many players played well today at all. Good patches. But overall it was an entertaining day of footy but nowhere near finals standard.

A wins a win. But we are nowhere near being a premiership threat right now. Neither are Sharks. And we aren't fixing our issues. Neither are Sharkd. Right now we're facing the same issues we had to start the season. The top 3 teams are so far ahead of us right now it's scary. We have time to fix it. But so far we don't seem to be able to mske the progress we want

I think this week was better. But only just.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Jimmy's been doing ok when you take into account he's been playing with a broken thumb. More guts than a bloke that wouldn't support his team mates and fans because his feelings were hurt. Bad as Jimmy may have been, at least he put the team first

When did Moylan get the choice to play? I though it was the playyers that didn't want him there? That's what people on here said. The narrative seems to change depending on the day.

Abacus

Juniors
Seriously, my only thought when I see something from Moylan (good or bad) is shit, there's another couple of LU pages of the same rhetoric to wade through.

For mine, Moylan is a Sharky, Maloney a Panther. I don't think either team would have been as competitive maintaining their status quo. Both players got more money that they were after. So win-win-win-win.

OldPanther

Coach
Seriously, my only thought when I see something from Moylan (good or bad) is shit, there's another couple of LU pages of the same rhetoric to wade through.

For mine, Moylan is a Sharky, Maloney a Panther. I don't think either team would have been as competitive maintaining their status quo. Both players got more money that they were after. So win-win-win-win.

This.

betcats

Referee
Jimmy's been doing ok when you take into account he's been playing with a broken thumb. More guts than a bloke that wouldn't support his team mates and fans because his feelings were hurt. Bad as Jimmy may have been, at least he put the team first

Injury or not Maloney is in shit form. Hes an absolute liability.

mxlegend99

Referee
A liability that is required if we have any shot of winning the comp.
A fit and healthy Maloney in the finals. Yes.

He's not improving our chances playing busted right now. He missed 12 tackles and the guys beside him missed a heap too.

He should have been rested after Origin for a few games. But we have 2 lesser teams coming up now. Round 25 is when we should be looking to make a statement. Hopefully with Jimmy being the guy who makes it

franklin2323

Immortal
According to Fox Sports stats (Everyone has different stats)

Our left side's tackle effective % for the season

Mansour 70%
Maloney 62%
Kikau 84%

Attack yesterday

Mansour 163m. 1 try
Kikau 152m
Maloney 97m gained. 2 try assists. 1 try

Him aside that whole side has issues but we are effectively only 3 games in. So still time to fix it before finals. They are working in attack so need to keep them together

franklin2323

Immortal
A fit and healthy Maloney in the finals. Yes.

He's not improving our chances playing busted right now. He missed 12 tackles and the guys beside him missed a heap too.

He should have been rested after Origin for a few games. But we have 2 lesser teams coming up now. Round 25 is when we should be looking to make a statement. Hopefully with Jimmy being the guy who makes it

To be fair though. Mansour's defence has always been bad.

According to Fox Sports stats (Everyone has different stats)

Our left side's tackle effective % for the season

Mansour 70%
Maloney 62%
Kikau 84%

Attack yesterday

Mansour 163m. 1 try
Kikau 152m
Maloney 97m gained. 2 try assists. 1 try

Him aside that whole side has issues but we are effectively only 3 games in. So still time to fix it before finals. They are working in attack so need to keep them together
62% is horrendous

mxlegend99

Referee
To be fair though. Mansour's defence has always been bad.
He has always had the shit defender inside him too. Often both guys inside him. Not much reason to trust his inside guys.

He and Blake should be a decent combination. But no one trusts Maloney. I think we would be better swapping wingers. Our right edge is more stable defensively. DWZ and Blake are faster to cover up missed tackles too. But really until Maloney is fit we are going to be very weak on that edge.

OldPanther

Coach
He has always had the shit defender inside him too. Often both guys inside him. Not much reason to trust his inside guys.

He and Blake should be a decent combination. But no one trusts Maloney. I think we would be better swapping wingers. Our right edge is more stable defensively. DWZ and Blake are faster to cover up missed tackles too. But really until Maloney is fit we are going to be very weak on that edge.

This is the thing. Everyone is saying Kikau and Blake were bad too but they were bad because of Maloney.

betcats

Referee
They need to do something with Maloney. I said after the brisance game that Bennett just showed everyone the blueprint to beating us, both Manly and the raiders have copied it since and gone really close. Its just such an obvious are to attack. We cant rely on Waqa and Kiks to cover him and we cant rely on Jimmy to make his tackles.

Switch him with Cleary, it puts him in between the far more experienced Whare and Yeo. We have to try something.

They need to do something with Maloney. I said after the brisance game that Bennett just showed everyone the blueprint to beating us, both Manly and the raiders have copied it since and gone really close. Its just such an obvious are to attack. We cant rely on Waqa and Kiks to cover him and we cant rely on Jimmy to make his tackles.

Switch him with Cleary, it puts him in between the far more experienced Whare and Yeo. We have to try something.
Smack bang in the middle right in JFH's pocket