What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Truth?

He's fine to be used as a back up. Just not good enough as the long term option.

I'm talking about his comments to the media about wanting to leave Penrith cause he was training at times as a back up half.

The truth would have been simpler and much better. I've had a tough couple of years, and needed a fresh start in a new place with my little family.

Now how many 'swallowed' the pork pie about leaving because of at times having to train in the 1/2's. (I didn't)

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'm talking about his comments to the media about wanting to leave Penrith cause he was training at times as a back up half.

The truth would have been simpler and much better. I've had a tough couple of years, and needed a fresh start in a new place with my little family.

Now how many 'swallowed' the pork pie about leaving because of at times having to train in the 1/2's. (I didn't)

Lies will catch a person out. Time and time again.

OldPanther

Coach

We don't know how often he trained there. With Maloney away due to the world cup/annual leave he may have been there permanently and felt he wasn't developing his game under Griffin like he should.

There's more options than him being a liar.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
We don't know how often he trained there. With Maloney away due to the world cup/annual leave he may have been there permanently and felt he wasn't developing his game under Griffin like he should.

There's more options than him being a liar.

He knew that Maloney was returning in the new year. So I'll remain where i am for now.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He knew that Maloney was returning in the new year. So I'll remain where i am for now.

Now how many years has Carty been in the NRL. I know he's suffered some injuries (bad ones at that). He's not a rookie any longer.

I know that your always learning when playing a team sport, but he's development stage i believe was well and truely over. He needed to train and play like a seasoned nrl player which he is.

It was up to him to begin pre-season in good shape, not carrying flab.

mxlegend99

Referee
Perhaps the truth would have been a better option Bryce ?

Ah well. It's called playing a team sport.
He told the truth. You're the one who refuses to accept it.

He doesn't like playing in the halves. But Titans arent allowed to select anyone from outside their 21 man squad. Which mesns Cartwright is pretty much their best and only option.

How does that make him a liar? You really have some warped sense of reality.

OldPanther

Coach

Really doesn't mean much. People lose patience and playing a game at half because the Titans are desperate means nothing. More than likely he does all his training with them at Lock while still being a fill in option which would suit him much better.

Just because a player leaves they don't need to be thrown under the bus.

OldPanther

Coach
Now how many years has Carty been in the NRL. I know he's suffered some injuries (bad ones at that). He's not a rookie any longer.

I know that your always learning when playing a team sport, but he's development stage i believe was well and truely over. He needed to train and play like a seasoned nrl player which he is.

It was up to him to begin pre-season in good shape, not carrying flab.

Players never stop developing. Just ask Cooper Cronk.

mxlegend99

Referee
Talking to yourself is a sign of madness... plus it's kind of creeping me out
Its less concerning than her thinking something can be off topic in a general discussion thread or that the coach having to move someone from his 21man squad to cover Taylor makes Cartwright a liar.

Cartwright didn't ask to play there FFS. He wasn't named there either. Coach had 20 players to choose from once Taylor was ruled out.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Its less concerning than her thinking something can be off topic in a general discussion thread or that the coach having to move someone from his 21man squad to cover Taylor makes Cartwright a liar.

Cartwright didn't ask to play there FFS. He wasn't named there either. Coach had 20 players to choose from once Taylor was ruled out.

I do have a username. Referring to me as 'HER' 'Lovely'.

mxlegend you do get your undies in a twist don't you.

I quite like that you don't agree with my opinion (in fact that's great) and it make for better discussions on forums like this.

But mxlegend you do have a nasty habbit when someone doesn't agree with your every word to play the person, not the ball.

OldPanther

Coach

I quite like that you don't agree with my opinion (in fact that's great) and it make for better discussions on forums like this.

But mxlegend you do have a nasty habbit when someone doesn't agree with your every word to play the person, not the ball.

"Cartwright didn't ask to play there FFS. He wasn't named there either. Coach had 20 players to choose from once Taylor was ruled out."

That sounds like "playing the ball" to me.

mxlegend99

Referee

Your opinion is that Bryce Cartwright lied about hating playing in the halves. Your reasoning that he lied is because his coach was forced to move him after Ash Taylor was ruled out.

How does that make Cartwright a liar? What has he done or said that contradicts what he said before?

Cartwright doesnt pick the team. Nor does he or Brennan get to break the rules all 16 teams play by.

You name 21 players on Tuesday. The team that plays has to come from them. If a player is injured. Someone from that 21 has to replace them. In special circumstances you can get an exemption. But the fact is Titans had a capable player in the squad and had to use him.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He told the truth. You're the one who refuses to accept it.

He doesn't like playing in the halves. But Titans arent allowed to select anyone from outside their 21 man squad. Which mesns Cartwright is pretty much their best and only option.

How does that make him a liar? You really have some warped sense of reality.

I don't agree that he was totally honest when doing his media with the Titians after moving there.

The truth was he had gotten himself into some dreadful off field issues during the last couple of years. It was very sad and very nasty. (especially sad for the family of the young woman who took her own life)

Bryce needed a fresh start. He needed to get out of Sydney.

But instead Bryce 'peddled' out a line about being sick and tired of occassionally training in the halves.

mxlegend does reguarly play the person not the ball when saying things like ' You really have some warped sense of reality' when disagreeing with someone. That's playing the person not the ball every day of the week.

Not the first time I've seen you try bring sex up in here Alice and everytime no one has been sexist. Don't play that bullshit card

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Not the first time I've seen you try bring sex up in here Alice and everytime no one has been sexist. Don't play that bullshit card

What on earth are you talking about. I haven't suggested anyone is sexist ? I just don't like being referred to as 'her'. That is not sexist. Oh please.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Really you're easily 'creeped' out. Trust me it's a quite normal thing called 'Private Sppech'. Don't be frightened. :p:D

That maybe the case, but quoting yourself on a forum kind of takes it to the next level IMO...

Anyway, back on topic, because I know how you hate it when the thread goes off topic... Who else named in the 21 man squad could've filled in and been at least somewhat effective?