What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

OldPanther

Coach
I don't agree that he was totally honest when doing his media with the Titians after moving there.

The truth was he had gotten himself into some dreadful off field issues during the last couple of years. It was very sad and very nasty. (especially sad for the family of the young woman who took her own life)

Bryce needed a fresh start. He needed to get out of Sydney.

But instead Bryce 'peddled' out a line about being sick and tired of occassionally training in the halves.

mxlegend does reguarly play the person not the ball when saying things like ' You really have some warped sense of reality' when disagreeing with someone. That's playing the person not the ball every day of the week.

Are you suggesting you know his motivations better than he does?

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't agree that he was totally honest when doing his media with the Titians after moving there.
Based on what? Him being a former Panther and hell hath no fury like a woman scorned?

The truth was he had gotten himself into some dreadful off field issues during the last couple of years. It was very sad and very nasty. (especially sad for the family of the young woman who took her own life)
And?

Bryce needed a fresh start. He needed to get out of Sydney.
Bryce said that in his statement....

But instead Bryce 'peddled' out a line about being sick and tired of occassionally training in the halves.
So now he lied about that and the real truth is something he has never said and only you know this?

mxlegend does reguarly play the person not the ball when saying things like ' You really have some warped sense of reality' when disagreeing with someone. That's playing the person not the ball every day of the week.
You really do have a warped sense of reality. You think you know more about whats going on inside a persons head than they do.

You think circumstances out of his control are proof he's a liar... tell me how he lied?

Im sorry. But his words about his motivations hold a lot more weight than your opinions based on absolutely nothing.

Here's what he said:
“Garth and I have always kept in touch and I spoke to him in October and he mentioned it [a switch] to me and didn’t think too much about it,” Cartwright said.

“But as time went on, I thought it about it more and thought it was a great opportunity to improve as a player and get out of my comfort zone. Come up here for a fresh start with my family.

As a player and a person I think I can really improve here. It was getting closer to the start of the season and I thought if I’m staying here I won’t get as much time on the field [as he wanted].

"If I was to improve as a player this [Gold Coast] was the best place to do it. But I am going to have to work hard to break into the team here.

“I was playing in the halves [at Penrith] and that is somewhere I don’t want to play, I feel I am better suited in the forward or on the edge.

“I prefer lock, especially with the way Brenno plays. He likes to give his lock a free rein and not restrict him to an edge; pretty much floating around the field. I trained there today and will probably have a run in the [edge] back row as well.

And after Penrith boss Phil Gould was initially “upset” when he approached him to discuss a release, he was “fine with it”.

“He thought it was good for me to get out of Sydney and have a fresh start, he was also upset too," Cartwright said.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/09...-left-penrith-panthers-for-gold-coast-titans/

Tell me what parts of that arent true and give me your proof that it's not true.

Honestly... why would he lie about any of that? What does he gain by saying he didnt like playing halves? Or that he wouldnt get much game time etc?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
That maybe the case, but quoting yourself on a forum kind of takes it to the next level IMO...

Anyway, back on topic, because I know how you hate it when the thread goes off topic... Who else named in the 21 man squad could've filled in and been at least somewhat effective?

I have no idea.I don't know who is available or not available

I didn't believe Bryce's comments about leaving because he didn't want to play in the halves. I think the reasonings went to the off field issues (I've already mentioned). So I don't think he told the truth in those interviews.

mxlegend99

Referee

I didn't believe Bryce's comments about leaving because he didn't want to play in the halves. I think the reasonings went to the off field issues (I've already mentioned). So I don't think he told the truth in those interviews.
He never said that was THE reason.

He just said he hated playing there and that it was ONE of the reasons.

ACTPanthers

Bench

And yet you've used the move by the titans as proof of your opinion... Seems strange that you'd use this move as a platform without any relevance...

snl8w4.gif

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Yes I know I'm using private speech here. :D

I think Bryce also knew he was behind the game in getting into the NRL squad for the beginning of the season too. Coming back into the pre-season carrying flab doesn't impress anyone.

I would have like Bryce to stay. Prove what he could do and work his way back into the NRL team (which he was more than capable of). Bryce decided not to do that.

Yes perhaps mxlegend I am like a woman scorned. I hate it when folks choose the 'easy way out'. I also hate it when local juniours choose to leave. I would have even liked Moylan to knuckle down and behave like a grown up and a professional footy player.

(but I'm getting off topic again, :p)

I do though continue to stand by my comment that Bryce used 'a white lie' when using the playing at 6 as an excuse.

I notice the masked panther had a good insight into all of this in this weeks western weekender.

mxlegend99

Referee
Not really that is over a 5 year period
Its not over any set period.

Its simply every player who HAS played for us and is in the NRL. That I could think of or find in team lists. Even if they left before Gus arrived. Pretty sure Gavin Cooper did.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Kilkenny

Coach
In the over all scheme of things it really doesn't matter one way or the other about why Bryce left the club and what reasons he gave publicly.

Players, managers, coaches and club bosses all put there own spin on things and clearly being less than 100% honest is simply the way things are done and we shouldn't be so naive.

Bryce Cartwright will never be the superstar we all hoped he would develop into. While he is capable of delivering moments of brilliance, there are too many deficiencies in his game to become an elite player.

Good luck to him at the Titans.

BxTom

Bench
Based on what? Him being a former Panther and hell hath no fury like a woman scorned?

And?

Bryce said that in his statement....

So now he lied about that and the real truth is something he has never said and only you know this?

You really do have a warped sense of reality. You think you know more about whats going on inside a persons head than they do.

You think circumstances out of his control are proof he's a liar... tell me how he lied?

Im sorry. But his words about his motivations hold a lot more weight than your opinions based on absolutely nothing.

Here's what he said:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/09...-left-penrith-panthers-for-gold-coast-titans/

Tell me what parts of that arent true and give me your proof that it's not true.

Honestly... why would he lie about any of that? What does he gain by saying he didnt like playing halves? Or that he wouldnt get much game time etc?

Probably all valid points to some degree, but when are we going to hear "Brennan is destroying his career" from you, like you said about hook?

Tom