What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Rugby League Players - what are they remembered for...??

David brown

Juniors
Gerard Beale - Costing Lockyer a GF farewell
Ashton Sims - Dropped a GF
Ben Hunt - Dropped a premiership
Todd Carney - Bubbling (I mean come on, wtf mate.)
Ben Barba - Shits it up for us then wins a GF for Cronulla. f**k you very much.
Anthony Griffin - Possibly the single dumbest coach of all time. Josh Hoffman at 5/8, enough said.
Shaun Berrigan - THAT try against the Bulldogs in the 2006 prelim
I think Berrigan was a bit before your time mate...

King hit

Coach
Shaun Timmins - That magic field goal
Paul Carige - Biggest f**k up by a player ever
Colin Scott - Worst kick at goal ever
Paul Osbourne - Great stint in the 1994 grand final
Darren Albert - 1997 Grand final enough said
Nathan Blacklock - Somersaults
Jason Smith - I Bleed Maroon's 'never heard of the f**ker' the funniest thing i've ever seen on a RL forum

King hit

Coach
Gerard Beale - Costing Lockyer a GF farewell
Ashton Sims - Dropped a GF
Ben Hunt - Dropped a premiership
Todd Carney - Bubbling (I mean come on, wtf mate.)
Ben Barba - Shits it up for us then wins a GF for Cronulla. f**k you very much.
Anthony Griffin - Possibly the single dumbest coach of all time. Josh Hoffman at 5/8, enough said.
Shaun Berrigan - THAT try against the Bulldogs in the 2006 prelim

Nah mate there a far worse coaches than Griffin. Griffin has blooded some blokes who have gone on the become good players (Corey Oates as an example). And Penrith are doing superbly well.

But yeah Hoffman at five eighth was nonsense as well as Hodges in the front line as well.

Noel Cleal drop out in SOO.

Haha yes. this represents the essence of me posing the question as a thread here. Infamous moments that can define a players career in the memory of fans. But good/bad/otherwise.. some great nominations here.

Can I also add..

Jamie Ainscough - head high = penalty try (still kills me on the inside to this day)
Max Mannix - the one and only best bombed-try in the history of Rugby League
Ben Ross - double whammy - Tallis' Punching bag + Sailor Snaps his arm live on Telly

horrie hastings

First Grade
Haha yes. this represents the essence of me posing the question as a thread here. Infamous moments that can define a players career in the memory of fans. But good/bad/otherwise.. some great nominations here.

Can I also add..

Jamie Ainscough - head high = penalty try (still kills me on the inside to this day)
Max Mannix - the one and only best bombed-try in the history of Rugby League
Ben Ross - double whammy - Tallis' Punching bag + Sailor Snaps his arm live on Telly

Its funny I was going to mention the Jamie Ainscough incident but thought someone would have already bought it up.

Yes haha the Max Mannix bombed try was hilarious, even though it was only reserve grade I remember Ken Wright doing exactly the same thing for the Roosters against Souths at Redfern, he cut a hole through several players and had a clear 40 metre run to the line where no one could touch him and decided to a fancy swan dive over the line and he dropped the ball cold, cant remember who the Roosters winger was that day either but he was the goal kicker and he had kicked a goal off the side line and another that was almost off the side line, the Roosters scored under the post and he had the kick to level the scores and he kicked the ball straight into the cross bar and it bounced back and the Roosters lost 13-15.

The Phil Sigsworth pass to Phil Duke in the in goal during the State of Origin at the SCG in 1982, Sigsworth passed it to Duke who fumbled it and Wally Lewis swooped on it to score.

Didn't want to bring this one up because it was a sad day for such a league legend but Changa with the white boots and the pain killing injection that went wrong in the 1975 Grand Final.

Latest posts