What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FORUM 7's Easts Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cammo

Bench
Good luck all. I hope we can get a win this round for a big finish.

Looking at the team, I think the opposition will be very scared :D

Bubbles

Juniors
Melon, I loved your article and in particular the last line - great ending :clap: !

Pen, I can't believe you had to be the bearer of bad tidings for the Dolphins fans! It was a great article, but nothing unusual there!!!

Bubbles, happy birthday for yesterday, this is the best cake I could come up with, with such short notice. :D

signs-happybirthday6.gif

Misanthrope

Staff member
Oh, true, happy birthday Bubbles!

Sorry about the previous post, I was quite drunk when I wrote that.

Bubbles

Juniors
Thanks fellas - one year older but sadly no wiser :lol: !

Chris, dissappointment aside, I really loved your article. How's the novel coming? Have you worked in "sardonic sidelong glance" yet?

Misanthrope

Staff member
How's the novel coming? Have you worked in "sardonic sidelong glance" yet?

I've been really lazy of late. Whenever Uni is on, I just don't have the time or inclination to write. I edited an earlier chapter the other day, and I'm still intending to somehow work in the 'sardonic sidelong glance'.

Got stood up the other day too, which was a new experience. Will have to work that in there as well.

Glad you liked my article, thought yours was tops as well. In fact, the quality this round was very promising for next season.

Cammo

Bench
It meant I could watch Melbourne beat the Bulldogs [edit pp]

Nice comment chris :roll:

Maybe supporters of my team aren't welcome here after all.

edit - Thanks for the edit pp. I didn't think the comment was warranted at all. Sorry to be a pain.

The Way You Make Me Feel …

AVPA-9-SAINTS_V_ROOSTERS_.jpg

What a sensational year the NRL have had in 2004. The Bulldogs set the pace for the year with allegations of sexual assault while in Coffs Harbour for a pre season trail.

While the NRL allowed a talented player like Ali Lautiti to leave, we saw a saturation of Andrew Johns being lured away from a lucrative Rugby Union deal. Salary cap issues are still a popular topic of conversation, and morons invade internet forums.

Thank kryst for the Forum 7’s.

While we didn’t make it to the semi’s this year, we have strengthened the competition by introducing some great rookies. We also managed to draw back some old war horses, who were missing last year.

While the 7’s has always been a haven for those of us who visit rugby league internet forums to read informative, sometimes intelligent posts, the best part is the friendships that are formed.

I never got around to posting a ‘song’ this year, so here goes;

I remember when league was young
playing footy was so much fun
when we didn't have mobile phones
the media wasn't heavy no cover was blown
But the biggest kick the media got
was doing a thing called the Rugby League knock
While the other codes are lovin' the shock
we are hopping and bopping to the Rugby League knock

Chorus:

Well League knockin' is something shocking
and the players now must feel ill
I guess they knew a better time but I guess we never will
Oh mama mama those Friday nights
watching cheer girls with their dresses tight
but now the league knocking is out of sight
la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la

But the years go by and the league won't die
scandals come and go and the fans just sigh
Long nights crying for our favourite team
dreaming of a final win and all it would mean
But they'll never kill the thrills we've got
reading up on the rugby league knock
Learning fast as the weeks go past
we batten down with each rugby league blast

Well League knockin' is something shocking
and the players now must feel ill
I guess they knew a better time but I guess we never will
Oh mama mama those Friday nights
watching cheer girls with their dresses tight
but now the league knocking is out of sight
la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la

To all of the team, thank you so much for all your hard work. I luv you’se all.

Word Count 408

...Morticia...

Juniors
omg. i feel stupid and offer 1000 apologies. i went t' post my artcle last night and realised fu7lltime was a week ago. cant even offer an excuse why i screw'd up the dates. wheres that damn reliable third reserve when ya need him. really sorry team. :(

Well, absolute kudo's to Melon who has donated his prize to the Westmead Childrens Hospital.

At this stage of the game with melon being banned and pump not wishing to post on the forum any more, I would think that the team is just about cactus.

It's too early to be making any decisions, especially this week with the GF ahead of us, so we can all decide next year if you want me to remain as Captain of the 7's or if in fact we'll even have a team.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Well, I've certainly got no objections to you remaining as captain, even if I am trying to start my own side next year. I've enjoyed my time at Easts, so if my departure would 'kill' this team, I'll stick around. I like it here, and I'm very keen to play in a premiership winning side..

Good on melon for his donation to Westmead. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.