What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FORUM 7's Easts Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fat_mike

Juniors
yeah i've got absolutely no problems with you remaining captain pen. you did a bang up job this year and theres no doubt you would do a great job next year. i'd be more than happy for the team to keep going. i enjpyed the 2 games i got this year and would love to taste more game time next year if the team sticks around.

great stuff melon

It never rains, but it pours... I'm using my sisters pc as mine has finally hit croak city. I literally have no idea when and if I will have internet access in the near or distant future.

So it's over and out from me, you can argue amongst yourselves what you beleive is best for the team.

To my mates who want to keep in sms contact, pm Bubbles for my mobile phone number.

GO EASTS !!

Love

Deb

...Morticia...

Juniors
Penelope Pittstop said:
At this stage of the game with melon being banned and pump not wishing to post on the forum any more, I would think that the team is just about cactus.

It's too early to be making any decisions, especially this week with the GF ahead of us, so we can all decide next year if you want me to remain as Captain of the 7's or if in fact we'll even have a team.

i dont care who the captain is as long as they keep us tardy types who forget important dates like fulltime informed. :( wasnt sure i want'd t' play sevens nxt year but with a move t' melbourne on the table i can see myself havnig plenty of spare time as i wont know a soul an can devote myself t' life as a computer nerd. hope easts will have a team. if not i'll throw myself t' the mercy of the recruiters.

roosterboy60

Juniors
Morticia, firstly I hope all is ok with you. I think Pen is offline at the mo, PC probs.

Could I just please say to everyone, if any of you think you want to play 7's please play for Easts to keep them going, although I am the Captain of another team (Sydney Lions) I really want to see Easts stay on.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I second what roosterboy60 has to say. I'm trying to start my own side, but if push comes to shove and Easts need me, I'll be back.

...Morticia...

Juniors
if pp is offline is anyone willing t' spend the offseason getting this team on track for nxt year? i hav huge personal reasons for not wanting t' see this team fold. i want t' run out again for bp as he put his heart an soul into this team and the sevens when the shit was hitting the fan in 03 an i cant walk away now. any takers?

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Mort if you do get a team up and running I'll be a reliable reserve, I can't play all the time but I'd love to fill in.

I'll try and get in touch with a few people from the Wall and see if there is any interest Morticia.

...Morticia...

Juniors
unfortunately i dont have time t' spend getting a team back t'gether rg. wrking 6 days a week and am moving countries and will be offline for aprox a month in jan. i just hoped someone wuld ride in on a big white horse. :D

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Well I started a wanted thread to see if we have any interest hopefully the rest will take care of itself.

So if there are any old players wishing to run around again next season please put your name down either here or in the wanted thread once we get some names then we can see who would like to be Captain....I reckon Pen will run around again if the PC problems can be sorted out.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
I've spoken with Pen by phone, she will play again next season and she has plenty of time to get the pc problem sorted.

Team.

Penelope Pittstop
Morticia

Reserve

Roostargirl

Now the "Wanted" thread I started was open to old and new players....come on.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'll help with recruitment, pending the success of my own plans to start a team. If it falls through, count me in for next year, and if it goes ahead- count me in to assist in getting the side back together for next year.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
I've heard from Bubbles and she would also like to play again next season, which is excellent. We still only have 5 definates so we are still not quite on target but we are getting closer, and so far all passionate Rooster fans, which is great.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
LMAO I feel like I'm talking to myself :shock: :D :lol: :lol:

Anyway, we have 7 definates so far and the Team looks like this.

Morticia
Penelope Pittstop
Bubbles
Roosterspremiers2002
Saint Chook
Waxer

Reserve
Roostargirl

Its looking pretty good, I'm still waiting on a few oldies to get back to me but 7 passionate Chooks fans - so far so good :D

Misanthrope

Staff member
Looks like the Glebe Dirty Reds will go ahead next year, so I'll be off captaining them.

However, if they fall through, Easts is where I want to be next year.

Best of luck guys. Loved playing alongside you.

fat_mike

Juniors
count me in RG, have been on holidays recently so i wasnt able to get back to you as quickly as i would have liked.

definetly looking forward to getting gametime next year for the mighty chooks

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Excellent Fat Mike and you want more game time so you'll be in the side not just a reserve like me ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Morticia
Penelope Pittstop
Bubbles
Roosterspremiers2002
Saint Chook
Waxer
fat_mike

Reserve
Roostargirl

I also have another Wallster who has agreed to play off the bench like me....so thats good....I just want to chat with him again to make sure he's happy to be named as a reserve :D

I'm still hopeful that Melon, Pump, Cogburn and Supermario will play on.

I'd also like to make it clear that I'm NOT the Captain, I'm just trying to get the squad organised and then let everyone decide from there what they want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts