What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Kraka

Juniors
Hello

I have notice when using an ad blocker I get those message on the screen explaining why you need to run ads and I completely understand so I decided to turn ad blocker off for this site.

However as soon as I did this humongous ad appeared. I don't mind ads around the page but when they start appearing over the text I'm trying to read, that's when I start using ad blockers.

Can these ones be removed?

Cheers

Attachments

• league.jpg
    league.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 12

TooheysNew

Coach
Yep, absolutely. Those shouldn't be occurring unless you've explicitly hovered over one of the smaller ads to initiate the action. Can you have a look next time it happens and see if it's a similar ad to any of the others on the page? Just need to narrow down which ad it is that's causing the issue so I can fix it.

Thanks heaps for disabling your ad blocker as well - much appreciated.

Uncle Kraka

Juniors
I didn't intentionally hover over any ad but my mouse may have been there when I refreshed the page. It was the long thin ad across the top of the page where it came from.

If that's all it is I'll make sure I don't leave my mouse pointer over the ads.

Thanks for your reply

TooheysNew

Coach
I'd say that's likely what it is. But if you do notice it happen when you haven't got the ad hovered let me know and I'll block it from the system.

AJB1102

First Grade
I disabled my ad blocker for LU and the things asking me to disable it are gone but no ads have replaced them. Totally clean page.

TooheysNew

Coach
Are you on mobile or a computer, mate? If it's mobile it's something I'm working on at the moment.

AJB1102

First Grade
Are you on mobile or a computer, mate? If it's mobile it's something I'm working on at the moment.

Computer mostly. haha don't get me wrong mate I'm not complaining about no ads but I can see how it might be problematic for you.

TooheysNew

Coach
Haha nah I definitely appreciate the report.

Enjoy the ad-free-ness for the time being while I try to figure out what's going on.

OVP

Coach
Haha nah I definitely appreciate the report.

Enjoy the ad-free-ness for the time being while I try to figure out what's going on.

I did the same thing AJB did when i saw the requests to disable your ad blocker so I can help the site out as much as i can. Same thing with no ads now as well (I use pc).

But for a day or two, most of the ads that were displayed were graphical animation style. And when you get 4-5 of them, us people with only 4gig of ram, get this really bad lag when scrolling down the page. It seems to take forever to scroll down, i assume because of the animations within the ads.

I was wondering if you could in any way do a deal with the ad people to not use so many animated ads ? Normal ads are ok but animated ones seem to really really slow down the site big time.

Cheers Coby.

TooheysNew

Coach
Thanks heaps for disabling your ad blocker. I'll have a think if there's something I can do. I do have an idea but it wouldn't kick in until pre-season. Give me a couple of days to figure something out?

4 ads (with only 2 on the page) should be fine on 4 gig of ram though. What browser are you using mate?

OVP

Coach
Thanks heaps for disabling your ad blocker. I'll have a think if there's something I can do. I do have an idea but it wouldn't kick in until pre-season. Give me a couple of days to figure something out?

4 ads (with only 2 on the page) should be fine on 4 gig of ram though. What browser are you using mate?

Firefox.

Cheers man, appreciated.

Parra

Referee
It was a good tactic. The requests to remove it were harder on the eyes than the ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.