What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Display Issue

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
This is true although I much prefer the two legged kind.

Ostrich-image1.jpg

POPEYE

Coach
I think it interesting that no-one cares that an ad obscuring something wanted to be read antagonizes the reader to the point of dismissal, whereas an ad adjacent has a far better chance of being perused . . . maybe it's different now than when I used to set newspaper advertising for a living

Blues Riff

Bench
Yep, I don't know how effective this obtrusive form of advertising is. Offhand, I couldn't tell you what product is being shoved in my face. Less is more.

coolumsharkie

Referee
OMG Jonathon Thurston goorne for... Oh wait.. Wow check out what specials are happening at Big W at the moment !!! Woah, must tell the missus and head out to the mall first thing tomorrow morning!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Awww poor thing you had to scroll past some ads.

Guys - if an ad is troubling you - that is, it is disrupting your ability to view posts or make a post - let Coby know and we'll look at it. There's a balance to be had, we don't want intrusive ads that overlap functional areas of the site either. At the same time we're not going to be getting rid of ads either.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Not sure if this is happening to anyone else -

When I try to scroll down the page to read posts, I keep getting pulled right back up to the top of the page again.

Every time I scroll down, up it goes again! I click on the "Close" button on the ad, but it does nothing.

This is on a PC using Explorer.

Blues Riff

Bench
Awww poor thing you had to scroll past some ads.

Guys - if an ad is troubling you - that is, it is disrupting your ability to view posts or make a post - let Coby know and we'll look at it. There's a balance to be had, we don't want intrusive ads that overlap functional areas of the site either. At the same time we're not going to be getting rid of ads either.
It was the ones that cover half the title of the thread on the index page that bothered me. It seems to have been addressed now thanks. It's not like I'm whinging for the sake of it. I have visited other sites before. I know about advertising , but these ads were making the site look very unprofessional.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It was the ones that cover half the title of the thread on the index page that bothered me. It seems to have been addressed now thanks. It's not like I'm whinging for the sake of it. I have visited other sites before. I know about advertising , but these ads were making the site look very unprofessional.
Completely agree mate - hence what I said. Most of my ire was directed at coolumsharkie who was having a sook. Your point is completely valid - none of us want intrusive ads that interrupt functionality.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i've found a good way to reduce the ads if you're on a PC is to hit ctrl+alt+down arrow at the same time..

coolumsharkie

Referee
Completely agree mate - hence what I said. Most of my ire was directed at coolumsharkie who was having a sook. Your point is completely valid - none of us want intrusive ads that interrupt functionality.

Haha yeah having a sook and saying goodbye soon if it keeps up like this. Your 'ire' my eye. Still a nerd I see, good for you.

Everytime you refresh you have to make sure that your cursor isnt around near the top or the ad expands onto the page, it's a royal pain in the arse. Not to mention ads in between evry few posts now.. and the navy ad now appears over the top of this reply box often. I'd love to see the post count since this shit has been in place. Starting t0o look like a ghost town in here.

Latest posts