What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Upgrade Feedback

steggz

Juniors
Hi mods,

Logged in for first time after the upgrade (looks good so far) and gone to click on "go to first unread post", but it's taking me back some time in early June. Not sure if this is a one-off with the new system or not, but thought it should be flagged.

Cheers

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
It's a pain in the arse when you have to look right at the end of a post to see when it is submitted. Before the upgrade, it was where it is it supposed to be.

At the TOP of the page.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Having it after the post is standard practice on most forums of this kind around the world actually.

I liked it on the other forum where just visiting LU would mark the forums as read.

Now each day when I click the new posts link there are more and more pages because it includes every thread that I haven't gone into. So now to clear it you have to click the mark forums as read link. No biggie but just annoying.

steggz

Juniors
I liked it on the other forum where just visiting LU would mark the forums as read.

Now each day when I click the new posts link there are more and more pages because it includes every thread that I haven't gone into. So now to clear it you have to click the mark forums as read link. No biggie but just annoying.

Yes! A small thing, but still slightly annoying

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I'm pretty happy with the way that the new style has been tinkered with to reflect a bit more of the old forum appearance and information.

One question I do have is regarding 'likes'. Some posters seem like the sort who would endlessly back each other up back and forth, artificially inflating the number of likes they receive and giving a false and misleading result for the amount of kudos they've deservedly received.

Does the forum have limits on how often you could like anything, or another members content?

Timmah

Staff member
I think most regular forummers are probably cluey enough to see through it.

I think the like option is something under review anyway - in the sense there may be more options than just like in the near future.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Thanks for the reply. Regular poster and readers would see through it pretty quickly, but I was raising the topic to help out new members.

Timmah

Staff member
I think if we get to a point where admin are placing limits on liking for a hypothetical, we're probably going too far.

OVP

Coach
Up the top, on the rhs it lists your personal info. Messages, likes and points.

What on earth are points for ?

steggz

Juniors

Timmah, any chance we can have this function happening again?

Jono078

Referee
I like the look of the new forum, but man this new posts thing is driving me nuts.

Also I don't like when I click on New Posts and how hard it is to distinguish which sub-forums the threads belong too.

Timmah

Staff member
Another one that confuses me - it says the sub-forum directly after the thread starter in the New Posts page...