What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum upgrades - downtime expected

Willow

Assistant Moderator
To all, a big stage of the forum upgrades will take place tonight, Wed 6 July, from about 8:30 PM AEST.

When finished, it will be a big improvement for all concerned.

Unfortunately, downtime will occur. Not sure for how long. But given the size of the job, it might be for the rest of the evening.

Thanks for your patience. It will be worth the wait.

Cheers.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Howdy all,

As you can see, there have been some changes.

This thread has now been opened so forum members can report any bugs or offer any suggestions. Please keep it to constructive posts only as you would for any work in progress.

Dragsters

First Grade
I for one am loving the new look

The like button is a quick and easy way to show your support of an opinion or statement

No user interface issues as yet, though I have only used the mobile version

It's good to see avatars visible on mobile site.

In summary, so far it's all good.

Dragsters

First Grade
I have 2 suggestions, 1 old and 1 new:

1. As with the old site when a forum member commented on a thread, next to the thread title it showed the members name that posted last. eg: Last post by Willow... The new site does not have this feature.

2. I think it would be very helpful if we could have a "Top" button at the bottom of each post that take you straight back to the top of the page without having to scroll which can be cumbersome when the page gets long. Right next to the "Like" and "Reply" buttons perhaps.

Thanks.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I have 2 suggestions, 1 old and 1 new:

1. As with the old site when a forum member commented on a thread, next to the thread title it showed the members name that posted last. eg: Last post by Willow... The new site does not have this feature.

2. I think it would be very helpful if we could have a "Top" button at the bottom of each post that take you straight back to the top of the page without having to scroll which can be cumbersome when the page gets long. Right next to the "Like" and "Reply" buttons perhaps.

Thanks.
This will depend on whether you view on mobile or desktop mode, the "Last post by..." is visible. It's cut down and left out on mobile, but worth raising anyway - a few have brought it up across various boards here.

With the second suggestion - there is a "back to top" button at the bottom of every page, but not every post. Can pass the suggestion on though.

Dragsters

First Grade
This will depend on whether you view on mobile or desktop mode, the "Last post by..." is visible. It's cut down and left out on mobile, but worth raising anyway - a few have brought it up across various boards here.

With the second suggestion - there is a "back to top" button at the bottom of every page, but not every post. Can pass the suggestion on though.
Thanks Timmah.

Ps. I just gave that back to top button a crack. It actually takes you out of the thread, out of the team forum and back to the top of the LU forum home page.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Guys no big issue, but the time clock seems to be off. Refer above, ad many others, it suggests post at 4.46 pm.. Its now 2.52 pm. Maybe just a gliche ? Not sure.

SBD82

Coach
This may not be possible (I have no idea about building sites) but is there, or could there be, an option to enlarge the text size on the mobile site? Or the formatting makes it larger when turned to horizontal screen?

I know I can zoom but that means that I have to scroll side to side on the screen.

It's not a massive deal, but I found the old site easier to read.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
This may not be possible (I have no idea about building sites) but is there, or could there be, an option to enlarge the text size on the mobile site? Or the formatting makes it larger when turned to horizontal screen?

I know I can zoom but that means that I have to scroll side to side on the screen.

It's not a massive deal, but I found the old site easier to read.
@CobyDelaney over to you!

SBD82

Coach
Thanks timmah. Hopefully you guys can help out this poor blind f**ker. Really should have listened to my mother...

For the record, I think you guys have done an absolutely cracking job on the new site. I usually detest change and my initial response was to hate it because it was different, but it really is a great job overall and I've adjusted to it really quickly so your user interface is obviously well thought out.

Well played gents.

TooheysNew

Coach
Thanks timmah. Hopefully you guys can help out this poor blind f**ker. Really should have listened to my mother...

For the record, I think you guys have done an absolutely cracking job on the new site. I usually detest change and my initial response was to hate it because it was different, but it really is a great job overall and I've adjusted to it really quickly so your user interface is obviously well thought out.

Well played gents.
Hey mate, I've just created an Accessibility Mode option from within your User Preferences. It'll increase the font size for you in a few different places. I've enabled the option for you, so let me know how you get on with that. Hopefully it helps.

SBD82

Coach
Hey mate, I've just created an Accessibility Mode option from within your User Preferences. It'll increase the font size for you in a few different places. I've enabled the option for you, so let me know how you get on with that. Hopefully it helps.

Thanks mate.

It seems to have made the quotes bigger, but not the posts themselves.

Either that or I'm looking in the wrong place for the options you've given me.

SBD82

Coach
Hey SBD, how do go reading the forums on desktop?

I've never used the desktop site, just the mobile and tablet, although they are a bit different so maybe the desktop works on the tablet?

I haven't used the tablet in a while though. From memory on the old site the font was pretty small. I thinks it's why I pretty much stuck to the mobile site.

SBD82

Coach
Hey SBD, how do go reading the forums on desktop?
Just had a look at the site on the iPad. Looks great. The font is easier to read there too.

Can't log in there to change anything though. I have absolutely no idea what my password is. Maybe that's the reason I stopped using it...