What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forward passes

rockcod

Juniors
Genuine question, Not being a jerk, actually think your grasp of the maths is pretty good so I'm curious if you have the answer (which I don't)

Does your method account for the velocity of the hands moving in the opposite direction? I.e. If the hands move faster backwards than the player moves forwards it would reduce how acute the angle would need to be? Or is this not a factor that needs to be considered?

The speed of the hands will determine the speed of the ball, if you could throw a a pass fast enough then this wouldn't be an issue because the ball wouldn't have time to drift forwards with momentum.

Genuine question, Not being a jerk, actually think your grasp of the maths is pretty good so I'm curious if you have the answer (which I don't)

Does your method account for the velocity of the hands moving in the opposite direction? I.e. If the hands move faster backwards than the player moves forwards it would reduce how acute the angle would need to be? Or is this not a factor that needs to be considered?

Yeah, inertia absolutely needs to be considered. Using chip tech, I don't think it would be overly difficult to get and factor in data on existing forward velocity.

Dangerous David
- 11th/17 in class - Year 12 physics, 2004
- 2nd prize Thirroul Public School easter egg raffle, 1996

justdave

Juniors
Yeah, inertia absolutely needs to be considered. Using chip tech, I don't think it would be overly difficult to get and factor in data on existing forward velocity.

Dangerous David

Got to say, I started two unit physics in hsc in 1985. I was a biology student two weeks later

thorson1987

Coach

Dangerous David

Pfft I came 10th in my year 12 physics class.

Nevermind that our class only had 10 in it.

thorson1987

Coach
Very true. Strange but sexy man that guy

E7rmNYnsvQP4lyi6QnQlOVmdn56vKlqJ1-vwGSdO-P8qtU3BNbpMOkO2F5QhuPqJ_YJ8vQ=w443-h332-nc

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
It's like when you throw an apple at some dumb prick out the bus window. You have to throw it like 10m early to allow for momentum of bus, otherwise you hit some other poor bastard
Drop the same apple in a passenger plane travelling at 750 kph and you don't see it travel to the back of the plane at that speed.

Just saying....

Eion

First Grade
Sorry, just catching up and haven't read all pages. Is this about the merge still crying over not being able to win a game with a 40% better completion rate and lopsided penalty count?