What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOUNDATION CUP :: 23 Feb :: Roosters 34 Tigers 28 @ SFS

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2008 FOUNDATION CUP - TRIAL MATCH

SATURDAY 23 FEBRUARY
Sydney Roosters v Wests Tigers
Sydney Football Stadium, Moore Park NSW :: 7:30pm kickoff

Tickets: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=FOUNDAT08

centen-syd.jpg
centen-wst.jpg

Match discussion, talk, articles, results etc here.

innsaneink

Referee
Wests Tigers team

1 Brett Hodgson ©
2 Nick Youngquest
3 Dene Halatau
4 Chris Lawrence
5 Taniela Tuiaki
6 Benji Marshall
7 John Morris
8 Todd Payten
9 Robbie Farah
10 Keith Galloway
11 Bronson Harrison
12 Ben Te’o
13 Liam Fulton

14 Stuart Flanagan
15 Tim Moltzen
16 Ryan O’Hara
17 Corey Payne
18 Rocky Trimarchi
19 Peni Tagive
20 Beau Ryan
21 Tevita Metuisela
22 Luke Harlen
23 Dean Rysko

Wests Tigers Coach Tim Sheens has named his team to play the Sydney Roosters in the second annual Foundation Cup match at the Sydney Football Stadium on Saturday, February 23, at 7pm.

The Roosters won the inaugural Foundation Cup 10-4 last year in front of a crowd of 16,000. The Foundation Cup will be the first time new signings in winger Nick Youngquest and second-rower Corey Payne pull on the Wests Tigers jersey.

Dene Halatau makes a return to his original centre position after spending a few seasons in the forwards.

Coach Sheens has also given rising young talent in half Tim Moltzen and winger Peni Tagive the chance to test themselves in first grade. Moltzen represented the Junior Kangaroos in 2007 with Tagive having played alongside Chris Lawrence on the Australian Schoolboys tour of 2006.

Prior to the Foundation Cup, Wests Tigers and the Sydney Roosters clash in a Toyota Cup trial and Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers play Newtown Jets in a NSW State Cup trial.

A highlight of the day will be the staging of the second annual Junior Foundation Cup featuring eight teams from the districts representing Balmain Tigers, North Sydney Bears, South Sydney, Sydney Roosters and Western Suburbs Magpies.

Off the field, there will be plenty of fanfare in the forecourt area outside the Sydney Football Stadium with exciting entertainment for children and adults alike. Gates open at 3.15pm.

A special marquee will highlight the Centenary of Rugby League with display items from foundation clubs Balmain Tigers, Newtown Jets, North Sydney Bears, South Sydney Rabbitohs and Western Suburbs Magpies. Wests Tigers and Sydney Roosters will also have marquees.

A spectacular Fashion Parade will be held with the Sydney Roosters cheergirls and the Wests Tigers Dance Team modeling club gear.

League fans won’t go hungry either with a great Foundation Cup promotion price of just $1 for a meat pie with any beer or soft drink purchase. The $1 price is reminiscent of the old days of rugby league.

Tickets are available from Ticketek (www.ticketek.com.au) or at the gate. Cost is $20 adults and $10 children (under 12).

Program
3.20pm: NSW State Cup: Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers v Newtown Jets.
5pm: Toyota Cup trial: Wests Tigers v Sydney Roosters.
7pm: Foundation Cup: Wests Tigers v Sydney Roosters

ttp://www.weststigers.com.au/NewsArticle.aspx?NewsId=1217

aids

Bench
Gibbs, Collis and Head are hurt
Heighington i think has to miss a week for suspension from the 2007 season

Chriss

Juniors
Roosters Side Named -

The Roosters team is:

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Amos Roberts
3. Brent Grose
4. Setaimata Sa
5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall

6. Braith Anasta
7. Mitchell Pearce

8. Lopini Paea
9. Riley Brown
10. David Shillington
11. Anthony Tupou
12. Willie Mason
13. Craig Fitzgibbon (Capt)

14. Nate Myles
15. Shane Shackleton
16. Rory Kostjasyn
17. Shaun Foley
19. Ben Jones
20. Antonio Winterstein
21. Stanley Waqa
23. Anthony Cherrington

Coach: Brad Fittler

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/news.php?ArticleID=3027

PS: Hi - Long time reader, first time poster! =)

***MH***

Bench
I hope the Tigers and the Roosters tear up the turf as much as possible so that they can screw over the A-League grand final the next day.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
***MH*** said:
I hope the Tigers and the Roosters tear up the turf as much as possible so that they can screw over the A-League grand final the next day.

Um, why?

Football isn't a threat to the NRL in it's current format.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
***MH*** said:

:roll:

Why?

Tigers side looks good, aside from Morris at half of course. Swap him for head, add in Collis, Heighington etc. and its quite a decent looking side on paper.

***MH***

Bench
Timmah said:
Um, why?

Football isn't a threat to the NRL in it's current format.
i'd like to kill off football whilst it's in its infancy, before it becomes a threat to league

innsaneink

Referee
Would you like me to leave a graffittied message on my seat for a soccer fan the following day MH...I have a large range of permanent markers you know

***MH***

Bench
innsaneink said:
Would you like me to leave a graffittied message on my seat for a soccer fan the following day MH...I have a large range of permanent markers you know
that would be good..... something like, "mariners suck" in big black writing on all the chairs and A-League sucks on both of the big screens

how many markers to you have in your collection?
is that why they call you innsaneink?