What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOUNDATION CUP :: 23 Feb :: Roosters 34 Tigers 28 @ SFS

DeeGan

Bench
Iafeta said:
What name was Willie Mason signing as?

:lol: Fair call.

The crowd by my guess was somewhere like 13k-16k, I missed any report of the "official" number.

Big Poppa Pump

Juniors
innsaneink said:
One things for sure, a bit of promotion, throw in a dodgy cup and a trial suddenly becomes NRL intensity and atmosphere.

Spot-on comment. 15,000 people & the intensity & atmosphere was everything you get at an NRL match.

From a Roosters perspective I was happy with the effort. Thought it Anasta, Pearce, Mini & Mason all went well. Mason was revving the Roosters up all match & I thought his cover tackle on Taniela was a highlight.

From the Tigers it was great to see Benji back out there. The game needs Benji Marshall fit & healthy. Also thought Lawrence & Farah were very good when they came on. Keith Galloway went OK as well but geez he's got some handling errors in him.

I also thought the Tigers fans were excellent. There was some great banter & sledging between fans but nothing personal & all in good spirits. Good bunch of fans.

The Payten tackle looked nasty but not sure if there was much in it. I thought it was more Shillington than Mason & it seemed there was a clash of heads. Did not see O'Hara's one but if it was a high shot then someone needs to go.

Slippers

Juniors
Yeah I'm quite sure the 3 involved in the Payten tackle were: Mason, Myles and Shillington - not tupou.

Seemed to me that there was nothing illegal or malicious in it.

I think I heard somewhere that Payten will be fine for round 1 if not next trial. All he got was concussed thankfully.

Danish

Referee
Shillington should be ringing the papers and letting them know it was he that laid out Payten. Seriously I'd be livid if I were in his boots and the best shot of my career was credited to not 1, but 3 of my other team mates!

Mason at best clashed heads with Payten after Shillo had already done all the damage.

Anyone have video of the hit?? It was a bellringer thats for sure.

adamkungl

Immortal
but theres no story if it wasnt mason....the telecraps probably saying mason pissed against his car as well after the game

Monk

Referee
adamkungl said:
but theres no story if it wasnt mason....the telecraps probably saying mason pissed against his car as well after the game

really i thought mason was the only one who made the tackle:lol:

melon....

Coach
There were complaints from the FFA after the A-league Grand final about the condition of the ground after Saturday's Fed Cup. Apparently Mason pissed all over the ground and killed 300square metres of turf.

Latest posts