What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four from Eleven, Griffin is a dead man walking.

Frankus

Juniors
Just using Moylan to make a point.

A quick glance at his stats tells me last season was his best year in FG statistically by a fair margin and his side still missed the finals, as a halfback that's terrible. He goes missing when it counts and he is inconsistent.
I never called him a plodder you just made that up to make yourself look better lol, I said he is overrated massively, which he is. How much help does the guy need? He had most of the NZ spine last year and with himself being a top five talent in your opinion and they couldn't get it done.

I see you've edited your post during the time I replied and also that you did not comprehend what I had written. So I will spell the scenario out for you again. I never said he was a top 5 talent in the game, it was an if scenario. Much the same as your "if Moylan moves to 5/8 he will be the best half in the game" opinion. It hasn't happened yet so we may never know. Anyway with further ado, here is where you extrapolated that nugget of information:
If Johnson was playing behind the Sharks pack (premiers, arguably most dominant pack in the comp), he would comfortably be top 5 players in the game every year.

betcats

Referee
I see you've edited your post during the time I replied and also that you did not comprehend what I had written. So I will spell the scenario out for you again. I never said he was a top 5 talent in the game, it was an if scenario. Much the same as your "if Moylan moves to 5/8 he will be the best half in the game" opinion. It hasn't happened yet so we may never know. Anyway with further ado, here is where you extrapolated that nugget of information:

A simple misread. And I never said he was an inconsistent plodder, nothing even close to that so you pulled that one directly from your asshole it seems.

I have also never said Moylan would be the best half in the game, another quote pulled from your ass. Your credibility to do with anything is disappearing very quickly haha. Try to make less shit up.

You seem to be taking this very personally.

mxlegend99

Referee
I have to agree with betcats here.

Johnson is overrated. He's a good player and when he fires he can destroy a team. Without doubt. But his job as the halfback is the steer his team around the field and control games. He seems to come up extremely short in that area. As mentioned Maloney and Foran are present when his teams have been consistently good. They were likely more responsible for the consistency then him.

I think Moylan does a better job at a halfbacks work from fullback than Johnson does. Last season he seemed to chip in at halfback and 5/8th while we had the ball in opposition territory. He was almost flawless in his decision making while doing so. The sooner the ball touched his hands, the more dangerous our set become. Pretty much from the moment he played 5/8th for NSW, his club form was at another level for us.

Although like Johnson he is overrated also. Currently he plays fullback and as a fullback he has a lot of areas he is lacking in. We manage to hide it when Dallin and Mansour are present and we can dominate field position though. His weaknesses team to standout the closer we are to our line (in attack and defence) and fade quiet quickly as we get closer to the opposition line.

betcats

Referee
Yeah I think SJ would've been a much better fullback than halfback. He has great physical attributes and very good ball playing skills, if he can catch he's got everything a great FB needs.

maple_69

Bench
Griffin did better than expected with the side last year. With the squad he has now though we can't waste another year on him if things aren't looking really positive towards the end of the year. Grab Toovey and see what he can do with the most talented squad in the league. In saying that i have hope and a bit of confidence that he's not far from turning it around.

Kilkenny

Coach
Unless we go on a serious run of victories to put us back in the hunt for a top eight position you would have to think Griffin's position as head coach is seriously under threat.

The big thing for me was in his first season he inherited the majority of the existing coaching and conditioning staff but he elected to bring in a new fitness and conditioning team for this season. From the outside looking in, and in my opinion only, we look far from having the level's of fitness required to complete with the top sides.

Unless we go on a serious run of victories to put us back in the hunt for a top eight position you would have to think Griffin's position as head coach is seriously under threat.

The big thing for me was in his first season he inherited the majority of the existing coaching and conditioning staff but he elected to bring in a new fitness and conditioning team for this season. From the outside looking in, and in my opinion only, we look far from having the level's of fitness required to complete with the top sides.

The injuries with Ivan/Ronnie were ridiculous and change was needed but it looks like we have gone too far the other way

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I still think we can win this, but it is hardly an advertisement for Griffin's coaching ability even if we do. We look lost until we become desperate.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Three lessons hopefully Griffin learnt from this:

1. A short kicking game is f**king essential to be a top team. It's bizarre that he has ever thought differently.
2. Moylan should be our 6.
3. Kikau should be in the 17 every week from here on out.

Let's see if the lessons stick.

OldPanther

Coach
Three lessons hopefully Griffin learnt from this:

1. A short kicking game is f**king essential to be a top team. It's bizarre that he has ever thought differently.
2. Moylan should be our 6.
3. Kikau should be in the 17 every week from here on out.

Let's see if the lessons stick.

Well said but I doubt it. He is VERY stubborn.