What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four Nations 2016 Venues and Dates (Finally!) Announced

Burns

First Grade
Six venues will be used during this year’s Four Nations including KC Lightstream Stadium, Hull, The John Smith’s Stadium, Huddersfield, Ricoh Arena, Coventry, Zebra Claims Stadium, Workington, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London – with the final being played at one of the most iconic stadiums in world sport, Anfield.
Adult tickets from £20 and concession tickets from £10.

http://www.rugby-league.com/tickets/fournations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5MHYKOAqGo&feature=youtu.be - Promo Video

Australia v Scotland, KC Lightstream Stadium, Hull
Friday October 28 (8.00pm)

England v New Zealand, The John Smith’s Stadium, Huddersfield
Saturday October 29 (2.30pm)

England v Scotland, Ricoh Arena, Coventry
Saturday November 5 (5.30pm)

New Zealand v Australia, Ricoh Arena, Coventry
Saturday November 5 (8.00pm)

New Zealand v Scotland, The Zebra Claims Stadium, Workington
Friday November 11 (8.00pm)

England v Australia, The Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London
Sunday November 13 (3.30pm)

Final, Anfield, Liverpool
Sunday November 20 (2.30pm)

* Times are in GMT.

The venues are as per rumored. Double Header in Coventry for second week, and off to London for Aus v Eng. Having the final at Anfield is exciting too.

What do you guys think? Can these games move tickets in 6 months? Can we sell out Coventry + London + Liverpool?

langpark

First Grade
It's not perfect, it never is, but I like it and cannot wait for this tournament and I hope the English public get behind it too!!

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I dont mind the schedule but the biggest error is Scotland v NZ in workington. Seriously whats the point in a fourth team if they cannot even have a home game.

langpark

First Grade
I dont mind the schedule but the biggest error is Scotland v NZ in workington. Seriously whats the point in a fourth team if they cannot even have a home game.
Agree with that, but disagree that Scotland should have hosted a match. First of all, they should not even be in the tournament to begin with, but since they I guess we have to work around that.

The problem is, Scottish RL is in such a mess right now, barely any teams at all age levels, that if we took such a big match up there, even if it does pull a crowd, it still does nothing for RL there as there is nothing in place for them to then capitalise on from the opportunity.

I'd have gone with Newcastle, who have really come on in leaps and bounds and I'm certain would have filled Kingston Park for this one. Workington on the other hand, what does that ground hold? 4000?? Not fit for Four Nations.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Agree with that, but disagree that Scotland should have hosted a match. First of all, they should not even be in the tournament to begin with, but since they I guess we have to work around that.

The problem is, Scottish RL is in such a mess right now, barely any teams at all age levels, that if we took such a big match up there, even if it does pull a crowd, it still does nothing for RL there as there is nothing in place for them to then capitalise on from the opportunity.

I'd have gone with Newcastle, who have really come on in leaps and bounds and I'm certain would have filled Kingston Park for this one. Workington on the other hand, what does that ground hold? 4000?? Not fit for Four Nations.

If i remember right workington had 7-8k at the world cup

Cannot disagree with what you said re: scotland. Participation would far far more beneficial to wales and france

flamin

Juniors

Cannot disagree with what you said re: scotland. Participation would far far more beneficial to wales and france
And if only they logically made the 2015 European Cup the qualifier instead of 2014.

It would have looked dodgy, but since Scotland only qualified by having 3 point better differential than France they could have said we'll take the result over the 2 years.

flamin

Juniors
Did png or samoa have "home" games??? No.....so shut up
Yet as has been said before:
1) PNG and Samoa had no decent venues at the time. They had no first world facilities for international sport.
2) PNG and Samoa are not 200kms up the road.
3) PNG are hosting games at the WC now that they have a decent stadium.

langpark

First Grade

Ooh you're right, just checked. They got close to 7,500 at both their matches. Well, that's comforting at least, but I still would have gone with Newcastle on this one.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Considering they got 40,000 to Eng/NZL at the Olympic Stadium last year, you'd think they'll be a similar crowd for Eng/Aus clash.

What sort of crowd is expected at Hull?

deluded pom?

Coach
The venues were a poorly kept secret. It's the timing and day of some of the matches that baffle me. Scotland v Australia on a Friday night in November at Caravan Park! England v Scotland at 5:30pm and New Zealand v Australia at 8:00pm on bonfire night! England v Australia at the Olympic Park on a Sunday! The final at Anfield on a Sunday! Strange choices.

latingringo101

Juniors
I like the choices they have made for venues for this tournament.

I know they chose Workington because they got big crowds when Scotland played there in 2013, however i think it wouldn't have hurt to give them at least 1 home game.

Apart from that venues look promising.

Sinman

Juniors
I think they have put the games in stadiums that they can sell out of close to sell-out but also have some good size stadiums and a bit of a spread... I think this is good..

don't know where to put it

THE RFL HAVE AGREED TERMS WITH RHINO RUGBY LEAGUE WHICH WILL SEE THEM BECOME THE OFFICIAL BALL AND TRAINING EQUIPMENT PROVIDER AT THIS YEAR'S FOUR NATIONS.
#4Nations

The RFL have agreed commercial terms with Rhino Rugby League that will see the company become the Official Ball and training equipment provider for this year’s Four Nations tournament.

Rhino, one of the leading brands in world rugby, will supply bespoke match and training balls for England, Australia, New Zealand and Scotland along with training equipment for all teams during the competition.

Already the Official Ball Partner for First Utility Super League, Ladbrokes Challenge Cup, Kingstone Press Championship and Kingstone Press League 1, this new partnership further enhances Rhino’s association with Rugby League in the United Kingdom.

RFL Commercial Director Chris Rawlings said: “Rhino Rugby League are involved throughout the game, and having them on board for a major event like the Four Nations shows their further commitment to the sport.

“They’re a well-established brand that are known worldwide, which makes them the right choice to get involved in a competition that will be broadcast to many countries this autumn.”

Rhino Rugby Director Tony Colquitt said: “Rhino have a been a partner with the RFL for over four years and we are delighted to extend this partnership into the international arena. We look forward working closely with the RFL and all of the competing nations.”

Fans wanting to purchase the new range of Rhino Four Nations merchandise will be able to from mid- September with pre-ordering available on www.rhinorugbyeague.com from Monday August 1. The new balls will be stocked through selected retailers and made available on match days at Four Nations venues.

More than 50 per cent of tickets for the Four Nations are priced at £25 or less. Go to rugby-league.com/tickets/fournations or call the Rugby League Ticket Hotline on 0844 856 1113 (calls to this number will cost 7p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.)

FULL 2016 FOUR NATIONS SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:

Friday October 28 (8.00pm): Australia v Scotland, KC Lightstream Stadium, Hull

Saturday October 29 (2.30pm): England v New Zealand, The John Smith’s Stadium, Huddersfield

Saturday November 5 (5.30pm): England v Scotland, Ricoh Arena, Coventry

Saturday November 5 (8.00pm): New Zealand v Australia, Ricoh Arena, Coventry

Friday November 11 (8.00pm): New Zealand v Scotland, The Zebra Claims Stadium, Workington

Sunday November 13 (3.30pm): England v Australia, The Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London

Sunday November 20 (2.30pm): Final, Anfield, Liverpool

- See more at: http://www.rugby-league.com/article...supplier-of-four-nations#sthash.FODbCUFM.dpuf