What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four year deal for Boyd at knights

Kazaf

Juniors
Was very influential in our attack last night, would love to see him at hooker. His ball to Watmough was very good! If only that had ended up as a try.

aqua_duck

Coach
Just going off his last 2 origin games, Gidley looks a much better hooker than Ennis. Gidley actually asked questions of the defence and picked his opportunities well

Joker's Wild

Coach
Ennis is very good at putting pressure on opposition kickers but thats really all he is good for (although I had to laugh at his outlandish bait of Thaiday after he spilt the ball. Vintage Ennis)

Gids was simply awesome, especially when ge took the line on and managed an off load.

billy2

Juniors
Gidley has had maybe half a dozen games at hooker, but already 3 or 4 of those games are in his top 10 games of his career.
He still has a lot to learn about playing hooker, but he has all the basic skills already, and the build and motor to do the job as well.
It might be hard on his body to move to the forwards at his age, but it is where we need him to play.
I don't know what our plan for Hilder is - not the sort of hooker we need and not the sort of lock we need - but i suppose Bennett will find a way to use him - even if it's just as backup if a good player is out.

88.Knights

Juniors
Gidley has had maybe half a dozen games at hooker, but already 3 or 4 of those games are in his top 10 games of his career.
He still has a lot to learn about playing hooker, but he has all the basic skills already, and the build and motor to do the job as well.
It might be hard on his body to move to the forwards at his age, but it is where we need him to play.
I don't know what our plan for Hilder is - not the sort of hooker we need and not the sort of lock we need - but i suppose Bennett will find a way to use him - even if it's just as backup if a good player is out.

yeh hilder is a great club man and never gives anything but 100%, tackling machine. but i agree that he's a good cover hooker but not ur first choice and doesn't fit the build description of our lock. its not that i dont rate him but i'm struggling to have him in my top 17 for next year, great backup tho.

RABK

Referee
Hope he pulls his finger out before he arrives here. Soward been a useless sack of shit can't be helping his game but Boyd is lacking a lot of his usual class of late.

Boyd is IMO their main creator in attack. I am wondering quietly if Boyd will shift to 5/8 next week and Wayne will go all out because Darius acts like a second 5/8 in attack anyway the way he links with the outside backs. He nearly but Kyle Stanley away with a beautiful in and away but his pass was just lacking on the final movement. I would still take Boyd over any fullback in the game bar Slater.