What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox V Channel 9

T-Boon

Coach
Fox probably makes as much from ads as Nine does.

With all those superimposed Bundaberg Rum ads and Telstra streaming or whatever it is. Plus the pop ups like Bunnings. Bundy Rum must pay a fortune for all that advertisement. They are as clever as shit with it as well, they get you looking at the ground with those little superimposed tackle makers so that you look at the ad.

Channel Nine should stop doing ad breaks and just go with all the advertisement things the Fox has.

LESStar58

Referee
I watch on NRL live and the Fox commentary is so much better.

As has been pointed by various people Nine have treated the game like shit for years and it shows.

LESStar58

Referee
I watch digital pass on mute and listen to podcasts on other topics.

Watching all eight games a week I really enjoy the chance to catch up on podcasts

Haha. Yes! Currently watching Sharks vs. Raiders on mute on and listening to Joe Rogan interview Henry Rollins.

insert.pause

First Grade
The home of rugby league!

Untitled.jpg

https://twitter.com/Channel9/with_replies?lang=en

Suitman

Post Whore
Finally got fox hooked back up after a 3 year hiatus.

Will never watch 9 ever again.

Except for origin

Oh and GF's if I'm not there.......

I watched 4 games on 9 last year. Reluctantly.
Origins and GF.
I know there's lots of criticism of the NRL atm, but the best thing they have done for ages is allow Fox to simulcast Nein games, and give us all a choice to not watch their pathetic coverage and dribble.
Thank f**k for Fox.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I watched 4 games on 9 last year. Reluctantly.
Origins and GF.
I know there's lots of criticism of the NRL atm, but the best thing they have done for ages is allow Fox to simulcast Nein games, and give us all a choice to not watch their pathetic coverage and dribble.
Thank f**k for Fox.

I absolutely think that the reason NRL fans are so perimistic about the game is because of Channel 9s coverage...

You have commentators talking shit about the game or just going off on random tangents (its a great indicator of how interesting the game is when the commentators arent even interested), the graphics and colouring are awful and the camera worklooks like its done by a drunk toddler.

Seriously, next time you watch a game, when a guy is tackled and standing up to play the ball youll notice they keep on the tight shot until after the ball has left the screen. No chance to look at how the line is set up or any potential gaps, you look at a guy wigglng on the ground for 30 seconds because apparently THAT is what RL fans want most.

Pommy

Coach
Cut the cord with Fox yesterday officially. They pissed me off with their price hike after losing EPL and expecting me to pay extra for 1080p on my 4k tv in 2017.
Not having adverts is great but I will survive.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They dont have ad breaks, they have heaps of adverts. The pop up ones are starting to pee me off!

Still light years ahead of nine and I could be never go back to watching nrl on fta. Hopefully by 2023 we can have a subscription to digital direct from nrltv. And news ltd pay tv can go the way of its print media.

insert.pause

First Grade
Does this give you the impression Boyd had an affair 4 years ago before reconciling with his wife and having a child together OR does it give you the impression Boyd hit his wife and they are currently estranged?

bileduct

Coach
Does this give you the impression Boyd had an affair 4 years ago before reconciling with his wife and having a child together OR does it give you the impression Boyd hit his wife and they are currently estranged?

Honestly, f**k Channel 9.

f**k all of these merkins. I really don't know what Rugby League has done to be saddled with the absolute f**king worst gossip journalists of all time. It's a sad reflection on the game.

Life's Good

Coach
Honestly, f**k Channel 9.

f**k all of these merkins. I really don't know what Rugby League has done to be saddled with the absolute f**king worst gossip journalists of all time. It's a sad reflection on the game.
So true. The cult of celebrity and the need for bottom feeders to have their day in the sun is a poor reflection on society in general. Rant over

mongoose

Coach
Why does the Today show promote AFL so much?

do they not realise AFL is broadcast by their main competitor?

insert.pause

First Grade
Why does the Today show promote AFL so much?

do they not realise AFL is broadcast by their main competitor?
It's infuriating and seriously dumb to promote one code over another that they are investing hundreds of million into. All for the sake of a few hundred Victorians watching breakfast tv.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
For those in regional NSW (or Canberra) like me, the debacle of the WIN/Southern Cross content swap has really confused the hell out of people. If there is a drop in viewers in regional NSW it wouldn't surprise me if this has contributed. I know many people like my parents don't even know what channel it is on anymore and couldn't be bothered cycling through the endless list of new channels. My TV doesn't even pick up this channel anymore, so I am lucky I have Fox on another TV.

Johnny88

Juniors
For those in regional NSW (or Canberra) like me, the debacle of the WIN/Southern Cross content swap has really confused the hell out of people. If there is a drop in viewers in regional NSW it wouldn't surprise me if this has contributed. I know many people like my parents don't even know what channel it is on anymore and couldn't be bothered cycling through the endless list of new channels. My TV doesn't even pick up this channel anymore, so I am lucky I have Fox on another TV.
WIN's ratings have plummeted since the affiliation swap. Yes many get confused but Nine content is on LCN 5 and 50 for HD. Some tv's automatically rescanned but some tv's never did. Southern Cross has dramatically increased ratings since the swap especially in NRL regions.

Latest posts